Jump to content

2021 College World Series Thread


TrashMaster G

Recommended Posts

I expect we will have Texas game threads and probably a Texas-centric CWS thread.  This is for ALL teams and games and associated news, stats, discussion, etc.

 

The Participants:

Bracket 1

#5 Arizona (45-16) - 18th appearance, 4 titles

North Carolina State (35-18) - 3rd appearance, 0 titles

#9 Stanford (38-15) - 17th appearance, 2 titles

#4 Vanderbilt (45-15) - 5th appearance, 2 titles

 

Bracket 2

#7 Mississippi State (45-16) - 12th appearance, 0 titles

#3 Tennessee (50-16) - 5th appearance, 0 titles

#2 Texas (47-15) - 37th appearance, 6 titles

Virginia (34-25) - 5th appearance, 1 title

 

The Schedule:

Saturday, June 19

Game 1: Stanford vs. NC State | 2 p.m. ET | ESPN
Game 2: Vanderbilt vs. Arizona | 7 p.m. | ESPN

Sunday, June 20

Game 3: Tennessee vs. Virginia | 2 p.m. | ESPN2
Game 4: Texas vs. Mississippi State | 7 p.m. | ESPN2

Monday, June 21

Game 5: Game 1 loser vs. Game 2 loser | 2 p.m. | ESPNU
Game 6: Game 1 winner vs. Game 2 winner | 7 p.m. | ESPN

Tuesday, June 22

Game 7: Game 3 loser vs. Game 4 loser | 2 p.m. | ESPNU
Game 8: Game 3 winner vs. Game 4 winner | 7 p.m. | ESPN2

Wednesday, June 23

Game 9: 7 p.m. | ESPN

Thursday, June 24

Game 10: 7 p.m. | ESPN2

Friday, June 25

Game 11: 2 p.m. | ESPN2
Game 12: 7 p.m. | ESPN

Saturday, June 26

Game 13: 2 p.m. | ESPN (if necessary)
Game 14: 7 p.m. | ESPN2 (if necessary)

CWS Finals (Best-of-3 series)

Game 1: 7 p.m. | Monday, June 28 | ESPN2
Game 2: 7 p.m. | Tuesday, June 29 | ESPN
Game 3: 7 p.m. | Wednesday, June 30 | ESPN2 (if necessary)

 

The NCAA has a preview here: https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2021-06-15/2021-mens-college-world-series-schedules-previews-omaha

 

I have GOT to get myself up to Omaha for this one year soon...

 

  • Hook 'Em 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Pretty damn ecstatic to have lucked out on game time. I will be back in BMT from New Braunfels in plenty of time to catch the game. 

Might be the first time anyone has ever said "Lucky to be back in Beaumont" 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Pretty damn ecstatic to have lucked out on game time. I will be back in BMT from New Braunfels in plenty of time to catch the game. 

Right there with you (well not the BMT part),  flying back cross country from SLC to Atl, so I will be able to watch from 30K.  Going fishing with my Dad  along ID/MT border, about 60 miles south of Canada

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Thanks for posting, makes for a really great snapshot of what's coming our way.  I do want to point out that I think the times in the first post are Eastern time.

Correct.  1pm and 6pm Central 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I don't care what Andy Williams sings, this is the most wonderful time of the year.  I can't wait for it to get started.

I don't watch professional sports except the Portland timbers  and sometimes Chicago bears.  I of course watch longhorn football and follow college football pretty closely and have the tv on during the fall weekends.    I don't watch pro baseball at all.  Does anyone still play basketball?  No clue.  During the season I follow Texas baseball and love sitting on the porch drinking a beer and listening to baseball broadcast on the radio...   that's it.  Until the regionals...…  I'm glued to the tv and internet for updates for 3-4 weeks. Going to the Rubicon next week otherwise we would be in Omaha this year.     

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eugene11 said:

I don't watch professional sports except the Portland timbers  and sometimes Chicago bears.  I of course watch longhorn football and follow college football pretty closely and have the tv on during the fall weekends.    I don't watch pro baseball at all.  Does anyone still play basketball?  No clue.  During the season I follow Texas baseball and love sitting on the porch drinking a beer and listening to baseball broadcast on the radio...   that's it.  Until the regionals...…  I'm glued to the tv and internet for updates for 3-4 weeks. Going to the Rubicon next week otherwise we would be in Omaha this year.     

Brother?

I may have to ask my mom some questions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

To be fair, Tech played like it also forgot it was hosting a SR.

I mean it takes talent to lose by 3 touchdowns in baseball.   Of course pig did the opposite by winning the first game by 3 touchdowns and still losing the series.   At least we got humor out of those clowns.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If we can just pull it out with Ty Madden in game #1 against SECSECSEC look out. Stevens and Hansen will take us to the championship series.

But that first game man, I don't know.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If we can just pull it out with Ty Madden in game #1 against SECSECSEC look out. Stevens and Hansen will take us to the championship series.

But that first game man, I don't know.

Completely agree. Let’s fucking go, ‘Horns!!! 🤘🏼🤬🤘🏼

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If we can just pull it out with Ty Madden in game #1 against SECSECSEC look out. Stevens and Hansen will take us to the championship series.

But that first game man, I don't know.

Out of all the teams left in the field, we’re the most prepared to come out of the losers bracket due to our pitching and lights out defense. But yeah I think you have to throw your ace game 1. Especially with a guy like stevens who’s difficult to square up on in a pitchers park going game 2. And if shit hits the fan early game 2, Hansen has come out of the bullpen before. I’m sure he can do it again and hold the score and let our lineup do what they do. Chip away. 
 

But it won’t come to that. 1-2-3 top 1st, Antico walk, Daly(or maybe Kennedy)bunt, Zubia single up the middle. Horns take a 1-0 lead early and don’t look back. If that actually happens, I’ll just predict the rest of every Texas baseball game for the rest of my life and we’ll just never lose again I guess. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'd probably let prime Burt NowThis me

Personally I think that if you wouldn't fool around a bit with prime Burt Reynolds you aren't straight. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Everybody seems to agree with me that Ty Madden vs Mississippi State is a key matchup that first weekend.

Funny they never even mention who the MSU pitcher is going to be. Just how Madden will do against their line up....which msudawg informed me is not great...seems to be the focus. Hey our guys hit to....sometimes.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Everybody seems to agree with me that Ty Madden vs Mississippi State is a key matchup that first weekend.

Funny they never even mention who the MSU pitcher is going to be. Just how Madden will do against their line up....which msudawg informed me is not great...seems to be the focus. Hey our guys hit to....sometimes.

Not to mention Faltine and our outfield have saved us god knows how many runs this season. Finally elite defense is back at Texas. And yeah. Our lineup is tailor made for TD Ameritrade. We’re gonna be just fine 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...