Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

19 hours ago, camel at sea said:

Texas has either the best or second best roster in the Big 12.  I know that has been true during the entire 10+ year downturn but it's a big risk for the Big 12 to bet that it never gets turned - especially with Sark pulling an elite 5 star QB from the portal.  But it would be a very Big 12 move to let Texas and OU play in the CCG the year that they leave the league.  

So what this post presupposes is that Texas is back? :D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So what this post presupposes is that Texas is back? :D

I mean... Texas doesn't have to be "back" to be in a CCG.  Their 2018 team finished with four losses, played in the CCG, and won a Sugar Bowl.  The roster now is more talented than then.  

That said, I do increasingly foresee the completely unforced error, by the Big 12, of the Sooners and Longhorns playing in the CCG on their way out the door. 

19 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

Baylor with twice as many players drafted thus far than any other team in the conference.  

Good job everyone

How many draft eligible players do we have?

Who is the best draft eligible player on Off/Def?

Roschon & Overshown?

We have limited young talent, almost no upperclass talent, and no depth.

Sark and Co (and NIL) are at least getting the talent back in place at QB, OL.

Defense (LB) has a way to go, aside from DT.

4 hours ago, Snacks said:

How many draft eligible players do we have?

Who is the best draft eligible player on Off/Def?

Roschon & Overshown?

We have limited young talent, almost no upperclass talent, and no depth.

Sark and Co (and NIL) are at least getting the talent back in place at QB, OL.

Defense (LB) has a way to go, aside from DT.

Do we have ANY draft eligible players? I seriously can’t think of one.

Not sure why you would think DT doesn’t have a long way to go. Those guys suck. 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:27 PM, camel at sea said:

Texas has either the best or second best roster in the Big 12.  I know that has been true during the entire 10+ year downturn but it's a big risk for the Big 12 to bet that it never gets turned - especially with Sark pulling an elite 5 star QB from the portal.  But it would be a very Big 12 move to let Texas and OU play in the CCG the year that they leave the league.  

We have had good pieces here and there, but that doesn't make a football team roster good.  

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

We have had good pieces here and there, but that doesn't make a football team roster good.  

Texas has had bad coaching (Xs and Os, S&C, etc.) for 10+ years and a large percentage of the fans point fingers at the "lack of talent" instead of at the guys running the program. 

If you've got a 66% BCR, you've got a better roster than Baylor or Iowa State.  You're just not developing them.    

2 hours ago, jinx said:

Do we have ANY draft eligible players? I seriously can’t think of one.

Not sure why you would think DT doesn’t have a long way to go. Those guys suck. 

Every player that's a Jr or later is eligible... Capable is another discussion.

Our DTs aren't great, but they're good enough at holding their gap... And we have several.

If our LBs weren't the worst unit on the team (worse than OL!) our DTs would look a lot better than the seem to.

1 hour ago, camel at sea said:

Texas has had bad coaching (Xs and Os, S&C, etc.) for 10+ years and a large percentage of the fans point fingers at the "lack of talent" instead of at the guys running the program. 

If you've got a 66% BCR, you've got a better roster than Baylor or Iowa State.  You're just not developing them.    

Name the talent.

In 10 years, I think we've had just enough at every position to put together an ark... 2 of each position... Except QB.

We have had a bunch of skill guys that were just guys... The DTs have been decent. The OL almost non-existent. The LBs? Ha!

QB? Sam was a good player and probably misused.

On 4/29/2022 at 12:02 PM, tx 3 putt said:

UT has zero talent, don’t be so eager for those SEC ass kickings

Probably  or the best. Maybe it lights a fire under the moneys ass to actually do whatever it takes to win. If no we will join Vandy in the bottom of the conference 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

4 hours ago, camel at sea said:

Just another long held myth of Texas football.   

Buddy's composite rectal forecast suggests the problem is really just coaching.   But the talent is there because otherwise that would call into doubt the value of Buddy's composite rectal forecast.    I mean the NFL is just salivating over the stud linemen dbs, wrs, te, and linebackers that Texas is putting into the league these past few years.    

Can we consistently gain a first on 4-1?  Can we stop it?   Can we reliably stop 3rd and 20+ yards?    No? we lack talent.   

The best players we have had recently were kickers.  When I was in school there were guys like Redding, Hampton, and Rogers.  I think many people just forget what talent really looks like.    

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Snacks said:

Name the talent.

In 10 years, I think we've had just enough at every position to put together an ark... 2 of each position... Except QB.

We have had a bunch of skill guys that were just guys... The DTs have been decent. The OL almost non-existent. The LBs? Ha!

QB? Sam was a good player and probably misused.

There's a difference between lack of talent and the total failure to develop talent.  UT's roster is always littered with blue chippers who had elite offers.  That's the talent.  Those guys have been getting on campus and not looking like blue chippers after spending time in the program.  Either everyone else who was offering those blue-chippers out of HS made a bad evaluation, too, and the bad evals were disproportionately for the guys who picked UT... or the actual problem is the staff/culture/etc. in Austin.  

There's a difference between lack of talent and the total failure to develop talent.  UT's roster is always littered with blue chippers who had elite offers.  That's the talent.  Those guys have been getting on campus and not looking like blue chippers after spending time in the program.  Either everyone else who was offering those blue-chippers out of HS made a bad evaluation, too, and the bad evals were disproportionately for the guys who picked UT... or the actual problem is the staff/culture/etc. in Austin.  

Guys like Michael Dickson seemed to develop fine. RoJo as well.

BJ Foster. Less so.

I wonder how hard they went after some of those blue chips. Or was it just an offer without a hard sell?

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

This shittastic backdrop is everything wrong with the Big 12 in one photo. How many dumbasses agreed some muscled up Macy’s mannequins with football uniforms on spaced at Covid safe distance was acceptable as a background for the conference media days.