Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

I realize we're not supposed to discuss this in public but I want to give a shout out to the members of the committee who worked so diligently to upgrade our recruits rankings. Heckuva job, guys! From what I heard there was a bit of carrot and stick involved, and was surprisingly affordable given the amount of insane aggy bitching, whining and pants-pissing it's caused.  
6cd8f8e5ef58a1746c8100ff062d03ce.jpgb4d65b430f22cfd845af44f220f68f9d.jpg

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Coach O basically has an upgraded Charlie Strong class - take a bunch of talented guys and pay zero attention to red flags, growth trajectory, etc.

I mean ...Marcel Brooks. Come the fuck on.

"Upgraded" is putting it lightly. Strong recruited grade risks, he never recruited a guy like Marcel Brooks.  It's been a long long time since I've heard as much bad stuff about a prospect as I've heard about Brooks. 

We have turned them from obsessed with perception and rankings to “it’s all fake news”. The cognitive dissonance of their belief in Jimbo and his inability to the land the class ranking he promised has broken them.  It’s truly quite remarkable. 

And this is high fucking water mark for in state recruiting for them. When the final 2020 rankings come out they just might commit ritualistic suicide. 

• Like 1

My favorite are the inbreds who call Texas the “little brother” and act like aggy has passed us by long ago. Then they spend a week crying about conspiracies and desperately trying to reassure themselves that they are really better than us. By far and away the most insecure fan base in all of sport. 

I knew the Georgia win was a big deal, but I really had no idea the level at which it would break aggy and start this glorious tailspin of self-loathing. Beautiful to see. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

My favorite are the inbreds who call Texas the “little brother” and act like aggy has passed us by long ago

I think they think they are flipping the script on us, that we think of them as our "little brother". Which is ridiculous. More like "weird country cousins".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

We have turned them from obsessed with perception and rankings to “it’s all fake news”. The cognitive dissonance of their belief in Jimbo and his inability to the land the class ranking he promised has broken them.  It’s truly quite remarkable. 

And this is high fucking water mark for in state recruiting for them. When the final 2020 rankings come out they just might commit ritualistic suicide. 

It's so bizarre. It's like they finally bought a nice house but they are mad because so did we but our master bath has heated floors.

7 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Wallstreetag???  Is he referring to where his garbage truck runs or what?

I spent the majority of my professional career in investment banking in NY and you know how many Aggies I worked with?  None. 

I worked with more people from Connecticut College and Rutgers than people from the Univeristy of Texas A&M. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

I spent the majority of my professional career in investment banking in NY and you know how many Aggies I worked with?  None. 

I worked with more people from Connecticut College and Rutgers than people from the Univeristy of Texas A&M. 

And you just illustrated something that we've known for years that they have failed to fathom, refuse to acknowledge, or dismiss out of hand: Our degree has value outside of the state of Texas. Theirs does not.

"Of course you didn't work with no Aggie up in NEW YORK. Why would any aggie ever want to go work in that stupid lib shithole full of queers? More like Jew York, amirite?" - High Fives himself and kisses aggy ring.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I almost moved to Kingwood my senior year of high school. Never would have known that it was all aggy. Or did that become the new normal in the last 20 years?

Probably new normal over the last 20 years. In more simplistic term, if it's a major suburb of Houston, it's going to trend Aggy. Or, in easier to understand math, if it's outside the beltway, it's definitely trending aggy. Heavily. 

edit: Except MAYBE Pearland and/or Missouri City? Someone else familiar with those areas can chime in if they know better. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

And you just illustrated something that we've known for years that they have failed to fathom, refuse to acknowledge, or dismiss out of hand: Our degree has value outside of the state of Texas. Theirs does not.

"Of course you didn't work with no Aggie up in NEW YORK. Why would any aggie ever want to go work in that stupid lib shithole full of queers? More like Jew York, amirite?" - High Fives himself and kisses aggy ring.

I just was reminded of Kenny Powers being asked about how he liked New York in the opening segment of Eastbound and Down. 

But one guy apparently made it big! All the way to Wall Street (nevemind that Wall St is not even a place anyone has an office anymore). And to my knowledge after about 6 months on the job no one talks about where you went to school. Unless you went to Cornell and you never shut up about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Probably new normal over the last 20 years. In more simplistic term, if it's a major suburb of Houston, it's going to trend Aggy. Or, in easier to understand math, if it's outside the beltway, it's definitely trending aggy. Heavily. 

edit: Except MAYBE Pearland and/or Missouri City? Someone else familiar with those areas can chime in if they know better. 

The nicer the neighborhoods, they'll trend UT. Bellaire, Heights, Memorial, West U, River Oaks, Garden Oaks, SugarLand. Pedestrian middle such as Katy, Pearland, Cypress, Kingwood, that shit is all aggie these days. The Woodlands is a whole 'nother thing, as is the east side. TW skews full dork white collar aggie. East side - Baytown, Pasadena, Clear Lake down to Galveston have gone further and further into the tank for UT for whatever reason. Deer Park remains an aggie shit hole, of course. 

That's probably all bullshit, but it's how it looks from my eyeball test.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

My favorite are the inbreds who call Texas the “little brother and act like aggy has passed us by long ago. 

I like it. I hope next season after we have a successful season and potentially go to the playoffs while they have a 6-8 win season, tops, they continue to call us "little brother".

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It might be reductive but this is what I choose to believe about the lack of Aggies in Hollywood. I’m going with this until they prove me wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

With aggy constantly increasing their enrollment, it will only get worse and worse. What are up they up to, like 70,000 total now?

Hell, I find it disturbing how many ags are invading the Austin area. If you start at Wells Branch and go north, you find a hell of a lot of aggy. 

They think this diploma mill project is going to result in them having control of the Texas legislature and the decision making of the state of Texas.You're not wrong about their enrollment. But that just means lots of middle class jobs. And I agree, for a people that hate Austin, there sure are a fucking ton of aggies who seem to end up there. 

1 minute ago, Ricky Butler said:

It might be reductive but this is what I choose to believe about the lack of Aggies in Hollywood. I’m going with this until they prove me wrong. 

Listen, man, outside of the sexual preferences and politics that exist in Hollywood, and even much of California (for the politics)...do you really see aTm as the kind of school that nurtures, values, and produces creative types that are part of Hollywood? Writers, Actors, even producers and Directors? There is literally nothing in their infrastructure to train and hone that kind of development, and culturally it's something that is looked down upon whether they'll say it overtly or not. I'm just going off my gut here...but that seems really hard to imagine. Someone prove me wrong. 

Now, nonfiction books about military history...I bet they've got those guys in spades.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, man, outside of the sexual preferences and politics that exist in Hollywood, and even much of California (for the politics)...do you really see aTm as the kind of school that nurtures, values, and produces creative types that are part of Hollywood? Writers, Actors, even producers and Directors? There is literally nothing in their infrastructure to train and hone that kind of development, and culturally it's something that is looked down upon whether they'll say it overtly or not. I'm just going off my gut here...but that seems really hard to imagine. Someone prove me wrong. 

Now, nonfiction books about military history...I bet they've got those guys in spades.

Not to get too CR, but I am surprised aggy doesn't have a sizeable DC population with their ability to create propaganda. Perhaps they tried and failed when the rest of the country didn't get pitches like 'Squeeze One and Buy War Bonds', 'Volunteer and Say Howdy to Hitler', or 'Uncle Sam wants Ewe!'

The hilarious part is that turning the place into a diploma mill coupled with the fact that ALL of them hire ONLY aggies means that the actual aggie workforce will continually become more stupid, which means the chances of them actually becoming involved in politics or lobbying becomes less possible over time.

Serious question: does anyone actually know who the most renowned and revered aggie alums are? I know they latch on to GHWB, but he didn't actually graduate from there, right? 

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

The hilarious part is that turning the place into a diploma mill coupled with the fact that ALL of them hire ONLY aggies means that the actual aggie workforce will continually become more stupid, which means the chances of them actually becoming involved in politics or lobbying becomes less possible over time.

Shows what you know:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Amazes me how much they pump the conference, yet haven't come close to competing for division title let alone conference title.  Maybe that's why they continue to concentrate what's going on in Austin, it's all they really have.

Amazes me that aggy has been so shitty and is still shitty with all them sec croots.

6 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Serious question: does anyone actually know who the most renowned and revered aggie alums are? I know they latch on to GHWB, but he didn't actually graduate from there, right? 

Yale.

And I have no idea who the most famous alums might be.  Johnny 8-ball I guess?

6 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Bush went to Yale. His library just happens to be on the aggy campus.

51 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I think they think they are flipping the script on us, that we think of them as our "little brother". Which is ridiculous. More like "weird country cousins".

I think it’s because they opened their doors first, and of course choose that definition to claim oldest Texas university. Nevermind which was chartered first or which was established as a branch of the other. Building shacks in BFE was quicker than building out the 40 acres, so there they are. 

18 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

Not to get too CR, but I am surprised aggy doesn't have a sizeable DC population with their ability to create propaganda. Perhaps they tried and failed when the rest of the country didn't get pitches like 'Squeeze One and Buy War Bonds', 'Volunteer and Say Howdy to Hitler', or 'Uncle Sam wants Ewe!'

Having lived in the DC area for the last decade or so, I definitely see TAMU sweatshirts, etc. around, but you see people from pretty much any major university that is that big.