Some of y'all owe this team an apology!!!

Thatguy

Just now, Uncle Nate said:

I've been asking this as exact same question as a Tech fan looking back at 21+ years of really bad defense, minus one or two decent seasons (2008 being one).  

And it's not just Tech.  It's not just UT.  Look at OU under Riley...their defenses have been relatively shitty, too.  

Only thing I can think of is that college football as a whole has been putting their best athletes on offense, so the offenses overall are simply just better than the defenses.

That's my theory...not sure if I'm sticking to it or not.

the rules are positioned for more offense, specifically passing offense, and yes high schools put their better athletes on offense because of that. 

Interestingly, IMO, its even more important to stop the run these days because teams can rarely beat you throwing the ball all over the yard even with the rules if they can't run.  why? because eventually the passing game depends on 7-8 players executing correctly.  the running game usually depends on 3-4.

If your DC can not adjust to stop another teams running game(which now, many times, includes the QB) you are basically fucked.

TLDR: We are fucked

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the rules are positioned for more offense, specifically passing offense, and yes high schools put their better athletes on offense because of that. 

Interestingly, IMO, its even more important to stop the run these days because teams can rarely beat you throwing the ball all over the yard even with the rules if they can't run.  why? because eventually the passing game depends on 7-8 players executing correctly.  the running game usually depends on 3-4.

If your DC can not adjust to stop another teams running game(which now, many times, includes the QB) you are basically fucked.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Pods said:

Thatguy is having an argument with a straw man he has erected. I never said PK should, or would completely change schemes. 

PK is paid a lot of money to figure out what changes he needed to make so his defense didn't give up half a hundred to Kansas.

Everything is total shit right now but even prime Buddy Ryan wouldn’t be able to do shit with a squad that starts… fucking STARTS… Brockmeyer and Schooler. 

15 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

We aren’t driving any of this. We’re just the ones who foot the bill for it. 

I don't know about that....Blair Cherry resigned after a 9-2 season that saw the Horns roll through the SWC at 6-0 and with the only losses being in the Cotton Bowl to Tennessee and 14-13 defeat at the hands of Bud Wilkinson's gooners.

(longcat post follows)

Spoiler

He left the 40 a physical wreck -- insomnia and ulcers -- and said fan and booster pressure was a huge factor. Even then (1947-51), with no skins on the wall, anything short of an NC was unacceptable. 

He was bombarded with hate mail and late night phone calls. Some of the attacks sound extremely familiar: "THE TEAM IS OVERMANNED WITH MATERIAL BUT UNDERCOACHED." A well-known Austin MD called their house at 3 in the morning and told Cherry's wife "You'll be sorry."  In response to some hate mail penned by another physician, Cherry responded "You sound like a doctor who never lost a patient." Evidently the doctor's next letter was entirely unprintable but left Cherry grumbling that his haters could dish it out but not take it. 

So Cherry stepped down and apparently handed a loaded roster to Ed Price, 'cause even he (the real worst coach in Texas history*) managed to go 23-8 and win two conference titles in his first three years. Once the program was all his, however, it completely imploded. He went 10-19-1 in his final three seasons capped off by that absolutely horrific 1-9 campaign. At least we got Darrell Royal out of that deal. 

Point being, our unrealistic expectations go way back, years before we ever won so much as a single NC, and even in the Stone Ages our boosters and fans. Way back in 2008, Barking Carnival used the Cherry resignation to illuminate what had been going at Aggie for decades: In 1947, they forced out Homer Norton, the only coach who ever won it all there. Laughably, and all-too-familiarly, the were convinced they were going to pry Bob Neyland -- the Saban of his day -- out of Knoxville, but they were sadly mistaken and ended up with a former Rice OC who went 8-22-2 in his three years. 

There, you have it all. Upset Ag alums pull a coup, spend too much money buying the coach out, and have unreasonable expectations of who would want the job. That describes about every coaching change at TAMU we've seen.

TaylorTroom rattled off most of those moves: Emory Ballard, whose OC backstabbed him by persuading Houston ag boosters that his pro-set I formation was superior to Ballard's wishbone, thereby stealing Ballard's job, and then failing hard. Bum Bright led the charge in removing Wilson and ushering in the Fed Ex Gloryhole Jackie Sherill days. That fell apart via the NCAA, and the ags made a smart hire in RC, who would eventually go down in a booster coup that resulted in the Franchione era, one that ended when a booster leaked the existence of Fran's little top-secret $9.95. And remember -- they suffered from the mass delusion that Steve Spurrier was itching to move to College Station and coach in the middle of that weird cult. 

And so on through Sherman and Sumlin and now Jimbo. At last aggy has what it believes is its preeccioussss, but despite the high preseason ranking and the big win over Bama this is shaping up to be nothing more than a slightly above average ag season.

TaylorTroom concluded by pointing out how distinct all this booster meddling was from the way UT rolls. Not sure if he was correct then -- 2008 -- and it sure as hell seems like it hasn't been since Mack's ouster. 

So what Cherry was saying was that he believed the program was already a cesspool in the early '50s. And he didn't leave out the media, either, in formulating one of the main planks in his explanation for walking away from the game he loved: There is too much emphasis on winning without regard to the facts," he said. 

*I know Strong is the consensus pick here, but he inherited a terrible roster and handed over an ever-so-slightly better one. Price inherited a third-ranked squad and just five years later posted the most disastrous season in Longhorn history. The weirdly bifurcated career looks like Mack's if you took away the run from 2004-2009 and just left the years that came before and after. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

Great so we are running a defense we cannot execute because we don’t have the guys to do it, and because the holding by the offense is ignored. So the problem is the team, not the coach.

So if my car breaks down, i need pliers and a hammer and and i only have a wrench and some screwdrivers, but i really want to fix it, i should just stare at the problem and throw the tools I do have away?

They failed for several reasons. Continuity was one of them. There is a reason that Greg Robinson came in and improved the defense midseason over Manny Diaz. He simplified it and gave them assignments they could do.

Going back to my example above, if i walked into the meeting with the executives, I didn’t start talking about rotation windows, hodograms, fk filters and wave interference. I didn’t ask my field hands to pick STL/LTA parameters.

Knowing your audience is and knowing your employees strengths and weaknesses is the goddamn job.

Phase in the defense you want as the team develops, not run the defense you want that no body can execute.

Listen man, you are a smart dude and you are not wrong about what you are saying. That said, that's just not how football works. I don't know if you are old enough but, do you remember when Bill Walsh was killing it with the West Coast offense? Then everyone under him was running it too? That's how football works. These coaches learned from someone and are now lifetime disciples of that person. They may slightly modify the scheme they learned but they largely remain committed to it their entire career until the game passes them by. The West Coast died and almost all those coaches slowly faded away. There are like a handful of innovative coaches and the rest are copycats. That's why there are so many offensive and defensive coaching trees. It may not be right but it is what it is.

You are also right about Greg Robinson. He came in here with a simple scheme that guys probably ran in high school and everyone started playing fast instead of thinking. If I were Sark I would throw as much money at Boom as I could because that mother fucker is your defensive equal AND he and Bo both will get the recruits too. Could you imagine a world where Sark is calling plays on O and Muschamp is calling plays on D? All of us would have to call a doctor due to erections lasting more than 3 hours during the whole game. We were never better defensively than when he was here sans prob 1983, and I would argue that too. If I were Sark I would give the guy 3 million and let him be on his side of the ball. I would take 08 and 09 again in a heartbeat. That's the last time we KNEW our D would show up for the game.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I don't know about that....Blair Cherry resigned after a 9-2 season that saw the Horns roll through the SWC at 6-0 and with the only losses being in the Cotton Bowl to Tennessee and 14-13 defeat at the hands of Bud Wilkinson's gooners.

(longcat post follows)

Reveal hidden contents

He left the 40 a physical wreck -- insomnia and ulcers -- and said fan and booster pressure was a huge factor. Even then (1947-51), with no skins on the wall, anything short of an NC was unacceptable. 

He was bombarded with hate mail and late night phone calls. Some of the attacks sound extremely familiar: "THE TEAM IS OVERMANNED WITH MATERIAL BUT UNDERCOACHED." A well-known Austin MD called their house at 3 in the morning and told Cherry's wife "You'll be sorry."  In response to some hate mail penned by another physician, Cherry responded "You sound like a doctor who never lost a patient." Evidently the doctor's next letter was entirely unprintable but left Cherry grumbling that his haters could dish it out but not take it. 

So Cherry stepped down and apparently handed a loaded roster to Ed Price, 'cause even he (the real worst coach in Texas history*) managed to go 23-8 and win two conference titles in his first three years. Once the program was all his, however, it completely imploded. He went 10-19-1 in his final three seasons capped off by that absolutely horrific 1-9 campaign. At least we got Darrell Royal out of that deal. 

Point being, our unrealistic expectations go way back, years before we ever won so much as a single NC, and even in the Stone Ages our boosters and fans. Way back in 2008, Barking Carnival used the Cherry resignation to illuminate what had been going at Aggie for decades: In 1947, they forced out Homer Norton, the only coach who ever won it all there. Laughably, and all-too-familiarly, the were convinced they were going to pry Bob Neyland -- the Saban of his day -- out of Knoxville, but they were sadly mistaken and ended up with a former Rice OC who went 8-22-2 in his three years. 

TaylorTroom rattled off most of those moves: Emory Ballard, whose OC backstabbed him by persuading Houston ag boosters that his pro-set I formation was superior to Ballard's wishbone, thereby stealing Ballard's job, and then failing hard. Bum Bright led the charge in removing Wilson and ushering in the Fed Ex Gloryhole Jackie Sherill days. That fell apart via the NCAA, and the ags made a smart hire in RC, who would eventually go down in a booster coup that resulted in the Franchione era, one that ended when a booster leaked the existence of Fran's little top-secret $9.95. And remember -- they suffered from the mass delusion that Steve Spurrier was itching to move to College Station and coach in the middle of that weird cult. 

And so on through Sherman and Sumlin and now Jimbo. At last aggy has what it believes is its preeccioussss, but despite the high preseason ranking and the big win over Bama this is shaping up to be nothing more than a slightly above average ag season.

TaylorTroom concluded by pointing out how distinct all this booster meddling was from the way UT rolls. Not sure if he was correct then -- 2008 -- and it sure as hell seems like it hasn't been since Mack's ouster. 

So what Cherry was saying was that he believed the program was already a cesspool in the early '50s. And he didn't leave out the media, either, in formulating one of the main planks in his explanation for walking away from the game he loved: There is too much emphasis on winning without regard to the facts," he said. 

*I know Strong is the consensus pick here, but he inherited a terrible roster and handed over an ever-so-slightly better one. Price inherited a third-ranked squad and just five years later posted the most disastrous season in Longhorn history. The weirdly bifurcated career looks like Mack's if you took away the run from 2004-2009 and just left the years that came before and after. 

If you're insinuating that @GreenspointTexas called and threatened Blair Cherry's wife at 3AM, I'll remind you that he's only a nurse, not an MD

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Nah we’re okay! We just need continuity!

8 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

^^^^ Speaking of continuity, I would imagine the one constant across the last 3 years of brand new defensive schemes would be teaching how to tackle... Need an expert to chime in here.

With all the change one piece of the this equation has been pretty constant...and its not the scheme and not the coaching...

On 9/25/2021 at 8:28 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

I dont owe them shit. 

I turned their ass off sometime in the 3rd qtr of Arky because they didnt deserve me wasting my time trying to root for them.

i watched this whole game today because they earned my commitment today.

They dont have to win to earn my respect, but they need to perform.   They clearly have performed the last 2 weeks.  lets be happy and see what happens next week... against a coach that gets his jollies by beating us when he shouldnt. 

for the record, I have now turned off my TV  early 4 straight weeks.  and each week I have turned it off sooner and sooner.

the only reason its not 5 weeks is because  I WAS IN THE MOTHERFUCKING COTTON BOWL AND WATCHED THE IDIOCY UNFOLD IN THE LAST MINUTE.

Okie Lite got turned off the moment we failed to get the 4th down.  Cause I knew we couldnt stop a wet paper bag at that point. so about the 4 min mark left in the game

Baylor got turned off after that idiotic fake punt.  we were behind and gave them the ball in great field position.   we couldnt stop a wet paper bag again. so about the 10 min mark

Iowa state got turned off when this piece of shit wet paper bag defense allowed 3 straight TD drives IN THE THIRD QUARTER.   so like 4 mins left in the 3rd and I was out

and finally, Kansas ..... that got turned off the moment our moronic QB's for like the 7th time this year threw a fucking pick 6 to go down 21 in the 2nd quarter.    We havent overcome, and won a game with a 21 point deficit since OSU in *2008*.   so yeah, that was like 1 min left in the half.

Ive never been so apathetic about this team in my life.    and that includes the first 7 or so years of my life when I didnt really even know they fucking existed.

18 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

for the record, I have now turned off my TV  early 4 straight weeks.  and each week I have turned it off sooner and sooner.

the only reason its not 5 weeks is because  I WAS IN THE MOTHERFUCKING COTTON BOWL AND WATCHED THE IDIOCY UNFOLD IN THE LAST MINUTE.

Okie Lite got turned off the moment we failed to get the 4th down.  Cause I knew we couldnt stop a wet paper bag at that point. so about the 4 min mark left in the game

Baylor got turned off after that idiotic fake punt.  we were behind and gave them the ball in great field position.   we couldnt stop a wet paper bag again. so about the 10 min mark

Iowa state got turned off when this piece of shit wet paper bag defense allowed 3 straight TD drives IN THE THIRD QUARTER.   so like 4 mins left in the 3rd and I was out

and finally, Kansas ..... that got turned off the moment our moronic QB's for like the 7th time this year threw a fucking pick 6 to go down 21 in the 2nd quarter.    We havent overcome, and won a game with a 21 point deficit since OSU in *2008*.   so yeah, that was like 1 min left in the half.

Ive never been so apathetic about this team in my life.    and that includes the first 7 or so years of my life when I didnt really even know they fucking existed.

Now imagine that you were at all 5 five games.  Every. One.  

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nah we’re okay! We just need continuity!

Seriously, if I was in sarks position, I would’ve resigned Sunday. There’s absolutely no way I would be able to stand on the sideline. I failed the team and the fan base. Charlie Strong is looking like an upgrade over me. Fuck this. I’ll wait for UCLA or cal or whatever to open up

Seriously, if I was in sarks position, I would’ve resigned Sunday. There’s absolutely no way I would be able to stand on the sideline. I failed the team and the fan base. Charlie Strong is looking like an upgrade over me. Fuck this. I’ll wait for UCLA or cal or whatever to open up

I know you’re a baseball dude. Year 2 Pierce was 27-27 at one of the Top 3 all time baseball programs. Were you on the Pierce train to start last year? Are you now? Prospects are looking pretty good I’d say.

Our baseball program is better than our football program.

I’m not happy, but it’s unlikely we move on.

32 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I know you’re a baseball dude. Year 2 Pierce was 27-27 at one of the Top 3 all time baseball programs. Were you on the Pierce train to start last year? Are you now? Prospects are looking pretty good I’d say.

Our baseball program is better than our football program.

I’m not happy, but it’s unlikely we move on.

I was never off the piece train. He won me over in 2017 and ‘18. I can tell something was up 2019. He hadn’t had a losing record ever as a head coach. He then brought in 3 straight elite recruiting classes while actually developing players. Our 2021 team got better throughout the year snd we saw the result. And yeah. Almost making it to the supers then winning the conference and going to Omaha in 2018 will buy you some good will. Has sark come close to that? Have any of our players improved? Are we learning how to win? 

Follow the baseball board and the regulars there and you’ll know my exact thoughts on Pierce. This is astonishing. I’ve been arguably the biggest Pierce supporter here. Pierce can recruit his ass off, made his living in Texas and is a Texas guy through and trough. Go ahead and compare Pierces first year to sarks. That’ll tell ya what you need to know  

• Hook 'Em 3

I was never off the piece train. He won me over in 2017 and ‘18. I can tell something was up 2019. He hadn’t had a losing record ever as a head coach. He then brought in 3 straight elite recruiting classes while actually developing players. Our 2021 team got better throughout the year snd we saw the result. And yeah. Almost making it to the supers then winning the conference and going to Omaha in 2018 will buy you some good will. Has sark come close to that? Have any of our players improved? Are we learning how to win? 

I couldn’t recall whether you were a Pierce guy or not. I know there were some questioning whether he could handle the job this past year. I think we would’ve finished the Covid year Strong but didn’t get that chance.

I was merely attempting to offer hope. That’s what I choose to have now. There are several reasons for that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

I couldn’t recall whether you were a Pierce guy or not. I know there were some questioning whether he could handle the job this past year. I think we would’ve finished the Covid year Strong but didn’t get that chance.

I was merely attempting to offer hope. That’s what I choose to have now. There are several reasons for that.

I was a Pierce guy once the coaching search started. Looking at the candidates, there was no Augie or baseball Saban out there. Pierce spent his years at cougar high and rice and both of those teams had success under him. He goes to Sam Houston st and makes the tournament whatever it was like 3 years in a row. Did the same at Tulane. As @Js1 @Cajun @petscii @zlavydra @Droopy or @troph  I’ve been loyal to Pierce damn near to a fault, but the fucker understands what The University of Texas means and the pride that comes with the baseball program. He’s brought our teams back to the Augie heyday levels and I can’t fucking wait for this spring 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 11/15/2021 at 1:42 PM, Thatguy said:

Listen man, you are a smart dude and you are not wrong about what you are saying. That said, that's just not how football works. I don't know if you are old enough but, do you remember when Bill Walsh was killing it with the West Coast offense? Then everyone under him was running it too? That's how football works. These coaches learned from someone and are now lifetime disciples of that person. They may slightly modify the scheme they learned but they largely remain committed to it their entire career until the game passes them by. The West Coast died and almost all those coaches slowly faded away. There are like a handful of innovative coaches and the rest are copycats. That's why there are so many offensive and defensive coaching trees. It may not be right but it is what it is.

You are also right about Greg Robinson. He came in here with a simple scheme that guys probably ran in high school and everyone started playing fast instead of thinking. If I were Sark I would throw as much money at Boom as I could because that mother fucker is your defensive equal AND he and Bo both will get the recruits too. Could you imagine a world where Sark is calling plays on O and Muschamp is calling plays on D? All of us would have to call a doctor due to erections lasting more than 3 hours during the whole game. We were never better defensively than when he was here sans prob 1983, and I would argue that too. If I were Sark I would give the guy 3 million and let him be on his side of the ball. I would take 08 and 09 again in a heartbeat. That's the last time we KNEW our D would show up for the game.

Boom is the guy we need, and not just for the defense, he would have the whole team burning like a forest fire...When you don't  have any leaders on the team, you need coaches like that to get the team motivated and pumped up...

No matter what, PK has to go...He hasn't shown anything here to suggest he is good at his job...

• Hook 'Em 1

The David Pierce discussion is interesting. 

Year 1 was decent but not great. Mainly because the talent (outside of pitching) was pretty shit. Pierce recognized that and went JUCO heavy for year 2. Ellis, Hibbeler, and Petrinsky all came in and started on that CWS team. Bocchi also ended up being a very important arm for Texas during that run and he was was another JUCO player. 

There was actually a lot of blow back on this board and on twitter in year 1 with Pierce because he ran some players off and flipped the roster. Pierce wasn't this bad in year 1 but the situations aren't all that dissimilar. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

The David Pierce discussion is interesting. 

Year 1 was decent but not great. Mainly because the talent (outside of pitching) was pretty shit. Pierce recognized that and went JUCO heavy for year 2. Ellis, Hibbeler, and Petrinsky all came in and started on that CWS team. Bocchi also ended up being a very important arm for Texas during that run and he was was another JUCO player. 

There was actually a lot of blow back on this board and on twitter in year 1 with Pierce because he ran some players off and flipped the roster. Pierce wasn't this bad in year 1 but the situations aren't all that dissimilar. 

Maybe I’m misremembering, but Kacy taking the next step, Hamilton and Reynolds being solid on the left side of the infield and the pitching development throughout the year. Of course there were some that were displeased but Christ. 2015 and ‘16 were complete fucking disasters. He pretty much maximized the potential of the 2017 and 2018 teams 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

And @texasstrong12, love ya buddy, but likely going 4-8 in your first year as head football coach is a disaster. What were we, like 15 games over .500 in 2017? A Cantu fuck up away from the supers? I’m not exactly seeing the similarities here. Especially when most of us knew there was some serious talent lacking 

Pierce in year 1 wasn't nearly as bad as Sark but we were far from spectacular. 11-12 in the Big 12 and bounced in a regional. 

But I was always a Pierce believer and thought he had a great chance of turning the roster around. No clue if Sark can do it and to be fair he has a much bigger roster rebuild than Pierce. 

Regardless, I think there are definitely similarities. The roster in year 1 for Pierce was just ok and he did a damn good job of improving that roster via recruiting, transfers, and jucos. 

35 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Pierce in year 1 wasn't nearly as bad as Sark but we were far from spectacular. 11-12 in the Big 12 and bounced in a regional. 

But I was always a Pierce believer and thought he had a great chance of turning the roster around. No clue if Sark can do it and to be fair he has a much bigger roster rebuild than Pierce. 

Regardless, I think there are definitely similarities. The roster in year 1 for Pierce was just ok and he did a damn good job of improving that roster via recruiting, transfers, and jucos. 

I wasn’t exactly expecting all that much in 2017 after the insulting pile of shir that was 2016. What sold me was how much better our fielding had gotten and how our pitchers progressed out the year

And another point to the 2019 comparison. Yeah. We knew it wasn’t going to be great. Lost our starting short stop and catcher before the season started, played above our heads for about a month then the wheels just fell off. Shitty defense, young pitching and a shitty catcher typically results in that 

On 11/15/2021 at 2:42 PM, Thatguy said:

Thanks but I am a middling intellect at best.  Hell I even fucked up the STA/LTA comment above but well probably only about 3 people on here could have caught it.

I am not a believer that people should try nothing and run out of ideas approach to coaching or well anything.  I have seen this type of rot in both academics and in the workforce.  While common in some sectors, I just don't think it should be the standard and that Texas could lead by making some different strategic changes.   Having the ability to know multiple schemes seems like an opportunity.    Heck, hire two guys, like a Greg Robinson to get the defense stabilized and slowly turn it over to PK or whomever.   Liking this back to geophysics for a moment.   I specialized in borehole seismic.  However if someone wanted me to find a dead body in their backyard, I sure as hell wouldn't use that, instead I would grab a GPR unit and be done with it.   My knowledge of triaxial geophone orientation is not necessary to solve the problem and I shouldn't require it.  However if I wanted to eventually monitor everyone's backyard to make sure they weren't burying people in it, then maybe drilling a borehole and dropping in a few sondes would be the correct decision and knowing about geophone orientation now comes back into play.    

I simply cannot accept that's the way it is, or that's how we have always done it as an excuse for below mediocrity.  Especially when those individuals are commanding large salaries on poor performance.   I also thought Texas was stupid for throwing that contract at Strong, Herman, and then Sark.   I think our AD seem to think if we throw some money at a problem, the problem will go away rather than do their damn job and really investigate the issue.   I don't care if the next coach has P5 experience.  I would like to see a track record and understand the context (yeah you probably are not going to win at Tulane or North Texas but, did they improve?) and I would like to know their motivation (is Texas the landing spot, once you are here it is time to congratulate yourself and not work as hard because well, you made it?) or is Texas a goal on their path to win and cement a legacy as the best goddamn coach in fucking football history?   

But what do I know.  Nothing.  And my opinions are worth even less (except I would wreck any dog/wolf in combat).   

10 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

Boom is the guy we need, and not just for the defense, he would have the whole team burning like a forest fire...When you don't  have any leaders on the team, you need coaches like that to get the team motivated and pumped up...

No matter what, PK has to go...He hasn't shown anything here to suggest he is good at his job...

I would love to have Boom back, but I can't help but think that having 2 failures as HCs lead our team doesn't equal one good HC.

6 hours ago, jinx said:

I would love to have Boom back, but I can't help but think that having 2 failures as HCs lead our team doesn't equal one good HC.

Im not saying all the issues would be immediately fixed, but BOOM running the D would be an immediate upgrade.  That is almost a guarantee at this point...I'd feel more comfortable with his ability to find, recruit, and develop talent  over PK, and also, run a defensive scheme that actually makes sense..

I'm not sure if Sark has all of those abilities, but he can dang sure design plays.  If he can find some coaches he needs on O to scout, recruit, and develop talent, we could be back in business in 3 years..Maybe he already has those coaches on staff and all the team needs is an upgrade on D...

Winning solves all other problems.  

Edited by Azbadlands

7 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I wish that poster who was doing the alternate universe game recaps if Herman was still HC this year would’ve kept doing the thru the losses. I would wager Herman could have gott n his team to beat OSU and BU

16 minutes ago, jinx said:

@TreatyOak What is happening in the mensaverse?

Challenge accepted. Expect bleakness. 

• Hook 'Em 1