TCU game week.

Wulaw Horn

14 minutes ago, ousux said:

Fired? You serious Clark?

The froggies probably have at least half a dozen boosters willing to give their hearts for a transplant when Gare's inevitably gives out on the sideline. His chances of getting fired are probably only slightly more than Saban..

Nah. They're starting to question him. 2 losses in a row to SMU was enough to get the ball rolling. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Well, I picked up some awesome tickets from my neighbor right down the street. Got a parking pass for Lot 6, which is Frog Alley, right behind the stands on the visitor side. He said to get there early. Now comes the tough decision, take Mrs. CHIEF's Lexus, or my Crew Cab F-350 with 9.5 foot flatbed to tailgate on? I'm sure the truck would piss people off, would also probably need to be there by sunrise. Is that a dick move?
CHIEF
Piss people off? This is Fort Worth we're talking about..giant truck of some sort is never more than pissing distance at any given moment. The Raptor to Camry ratio is roughly equal here.

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Are you asking if taking a truck to tailgate a football game is a dick move?

Maybe he’s asking if tailgating in a truck with no tailgate is a dick move?  Unless your rig is burnt orange with horns on the hood I think you’ll be ok. 

Edited by Lhorn

Pretty sure that’s how it was listed for the Tech game.

And thought Thompson got the start. Seems like he’s played more than Schooler and started for at least 3 games.

And how many plays did Jamison go without giving up a TD and suddenly he’s on notice to be benched. I think you will see him react positively to last weekend.

And in another thread BJ Foster is not athletic enough. I was thinking he was pretty solid RB in high school, which for non-240 pounders is indicative of some athletic ability. Throw in some messed up shoulders, 3 defensive systems and position changes and you might understand why there are some inconsistencies there.

The defense is an uncertainty at this point. They may have given up only 7 points in the 1st half last week except for the call to block the punt. Our end of the field ensures they go for it once the penalty was called. Plus our offense was rolling. So I would have saved it for later. Second half was let’s work on some stuff. Consistent effort and doing your job will get more positive results.

The offense continues to roll. The defense does enough, and we win rather handily. At least by 3 scores. We see improvement where needed from last week.
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

And thought Thompson got the start. Seems like he’s played more than Schooler and started for at least 3 games.

And how many plays did Jamison go without giving up a TD and suddenly he’s on notice to be benched. I think you will see him react positively to last weekend.

And in another thread BJ Foster is not athletic enough. I was thinking he was pretty solid RB in high school, which for non-240 pounders is indicative of some athletic ability. Throw in some messed up shoulders, 3 defensive systems and position changes and you might understand why there are some inconsistencies there.

The defense is an uncertainty at this point. They may have given up only 7 points in the 1st half last week except for the call to block the punt. Our end of the field ensures they go for it once the penalty was called. Plus our offense was rolling. So I would have saved it for later. Second half was let’s work on some stuff. Consistent effort and doing your job will get more positive results.

The offense continues to roll. The defense does enough, and we win rather handily. At least by 3 scores. We see improvement where needed from last week.

Concur on Jamison.  Thought he was in pretty good position on the second bomb, just a well thrown ball.

I think DJ is our most talented DB, and probably the first off the board next year. His athleticism, and "it" factor is off the charts. He just needs to up his game on focusness, and erase his bad habits. People will have a valid argument that Josh Thompson is better, but it will show at the combine. Josh is bigger, but DJ has the measurables to go ahead of Josh, you see it on special teams.

CHIEF

8 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Someone help me figure this out regarding Darion Dunn!

2016: True Freshman

2017: Redshirt Freshman

2018: Redshirt Sophomore

2019: Redshirt Junior

2020: Elected to transfer in August 2020 - should have been a Redshirt Senior, but it appears he elected to transfer in August 2020.  

I am not seeing any statistics for Dunn for the 2020 football season, so maybe he elected to sit out the season. 

He is listed on the the official Texas website as a 'Senior.' If the COVID rule was blanket for everyone regardless of undergraduate versus graduate student status, he can get an extra season of eligibility.

So just maybe he can get another season and exhaust his eligibility after the 2022 season? You would have to think he is an undisputed starter at CB next season once Josh Thompson and D'Shawn Jamison move on.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4051458/darion-dunn 

https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster/darion-dunn/10710

He’d need a medical redshirt to get a 7th year, I think 

We probably lose Dunn, Jamison, and Thompson after the season 

Crawford and Baron appear to be promising, although Baron unfortunately is out for awhile. Jamier and Ibra also appear to be promising, although further away from contributing, especially Ibra after the injury 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Crawford and Baron appear to be promising, although Baron unfortunately is out for awhile. Jamier and Ibra also appear to be promising, although further away from contributing, especially Ibra after the injury 

Think I read where it's likely that Ibraheem misses spring practice with the injury he sustained.

22 minutes ago, Fud said:

Here is why....so I think if he wanted he could technically get another year of elgibility

image.png.f96a47534a0104cdd424f021edadf911.png

McNeese didn't have a 2020 season and I don't think he ever enrolled at NC State prior to us flipping him.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Here is why....so I think if he wanted he could technically get another year of elgibility

image.png.f96a47534a0104cdd424f021edadf911.png

McNeese didn't have a 2020 season and I don't think he ever enrolled at NC State prior to us flipping him.

That probably counts as his free "covid" year, right?

2016- Redshirt

2017- Played

2018- Played

2019- Played

2020- Covid Year

2021- Played

Patterson is a good coach and knows their fans are obsessed with beating Texas.

They had a bye just before smu and came out looking completely flat and unprepared. Recall that Arkansas looked completely flat against rice, and it has been stated here that they started prep for Texas during the rice week.

While I get that smu is a dfw rival, Gary gets that his ceiling is winning the big 12, which beating smu does not help you do.

All that to say, they will be ready for us and it's at their house. I say all of that is good. I want to play against a well coached team and see how we do. Were rice and tech just really that bad, or have we really improved that much? Hopefully tcu will help start to answer the question ahead of the rrs.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Patterson is a good coach and knows their fans are obsessed with beating Texas.

They had a bye just before smu and came out looking completely flat and unprepared. Recall that Arkansas looked completely flat against rice, and it has been stated here that they started prep for Texas during the rice week.

While I get that smu is a dfw rival, Gary gets that his ceiling is winning the big 12, which beating smu does not help you do.

All that to say, they will be ready for us and it's at their house. I say all of that is good. I want to play against a well coached team and see how we do. Were rice and tech just really that bad, or have we really improved that much. Hopefully tcu will help start to answer the question ahead of the rrs.

I’m sure this is true to an extent, but they also only beat Cal at home by 2 before the bye and Cal is absolutely horrible, so it’s not all just them looking ahead. They’re also just not very good, especially their defense. Though it does seem like they’ll be getting some key guys back form injury against us. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Were rice and tech just really that bad, or have we really improved that much? Hopefully tcu will help start to answer the question ahead of the rrs.

I feel pretty good about saying we're not as bad as the team that stunk it up in Fayettville.  It's due in part to the change at QB, and to our offensive staff making some nice play-calling adjustments.  Beyond that, I'm still not sure how much the Rice and Tech wins tell us, except that it's a whole lot better to blow the doors off those teams than squeak by with narrower wins.

Dont be shocked to see the TCU fanbase play up the fact that this probably the last time Texas will play in Ft Worth in their lifetime. So those of you that are looking for a cheap ticket late, those might not be as easily available as in the past.

Checking the various cockroach boards they all seem to be coming to grips that if Texas does make any form of scheduling deal with the B12 teams, it is going to be TT. The hardcore faithful pretty much realize then that there is no way in hell Texas is coming to play their again unless it is on some set of obscene set of terms like a 3-1 H/R split or something of the like.  So while many think after getting drug by SMU that they may not be super competitive, they all want to see Texas before we leave to the SEC and pray Fatterson pulls out a miracle one last time...

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Dont be shocked to see the TCU fanbase play up the fact that this probably the last time Texas will play in Ft Worth in their lifetime...

...they all want to see Texas before we leave to the SEC and pray Fatterson pulls out a miracle one last time...

No doubt.

And, this will be true of every B12 leftover team we play all season long. 

^
Good point.  I think we're still in the Big XII next academic year, but obviously TCU comes here in 2022.  

Let's be sure to be good last-time guests then and get overserved and beat the living shit out of the Frogs.  

26 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m sure this is true to an extent, but they also only beat Cal at home by 2 before the bye and Cal is absolutely horrible, so it’s not all just them looking ahead. They’re also just not very good, especially their defense. Though it does seem like they’ll be getting some key guys back form injury against us. 

They also might be losing their center, which would be big 

53 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I haven't kept up on this daily, but a couple of days ago they were expecting several key defensive guys to be out. Like a DL or two, a CB, and someone else. Maybe they are ahead of schedule for their return. 

Edited by honolulu horn
Ahh, seeing Macklin's post now. Macklin, you son of a bitch.

7 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I haven't kept up on this daily, but a couple of days ago they were expecting several key defensive guys to be out. Like a DL or two, a CB, and someone else. Maybe they are ahead of schedule for their return. 

Old fat gare doesn't do injury reports.  So we know they missed last game, but we don't know and will not know if they miss this game until gametime.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Advanced ratings, like FEI, usually take a little while into the season to become truly reliable, but FWIW, FEI has us 4th and Massey has us 13th. TCU is 43rd and 52nd. Tech is 53rd and 65th in those, but that’s after we stomped them. They were probably around whereTCU is now going into last week.

Pretty crazy that we're at #4 even with that shit game at arky

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

All true.  It also doesn't tell the whole story on how "good to go" they are.  Just because they are on the field doesn't mean they are anywhere near 100%.  Hoping this is the case

Fat Gare was probably shelving those dudes foe the game vs Texas.  Just hope the Center is still banged up since he makes a big difference for their offense.

TCU Has some players. 

Q.Johnston

Z.Evans

T.Barber

M.Dugan

I understand everyone’s optimism but to just come in here and all of a sudden think we’re finna blow out a team we’re 2-7 against just because we blewout a Tech team that Barley beat SFA?? 

I’m not saying g we won’t win but some of y’all’s predictions are outrageous honestly. 

I just want to see us keep getting better and progressing. If we can do that everything else will take care of itself from the wins to the recruiting 🤘🏽

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

TCU Has some players. 

Q.Johnston

Z.Evans

T.Barber

M.Dugan

I understand everyone’s optimism but to just come in here and all of a sudden think we’re finna blow out a team we’re 2-7 against just because we blewout a Tech team that Barley beat SFA?? 

I’m not saying g we won’t win but some of y’all’s predictions are outrageous honestly. 

I just want to see us keep getting better and progressing. If we can do that everything else will take care of itself from the wins to the recruiting 🤘🏽

Please, elaborate on how relevant the 2012-2017 games are to this weekend's matchup.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Please, elaborate on how relevant the 2012-2017 games are to this weekend's matchup.

What does 12-17 have to do with what I said?? 

all I said is when I see predictions 68-31, or 55-20 not saying we cant do it but all it takes is one game and people forget it’s still a process

Just now, D3zii said:

What does 12-17 have to do with what I said?? 

all I said is when I see predictions 68-31, or 55-20 not saying we cant do it but all it takes is one game and people forget it’s still a process

You said the predictions are wild because we're 2-7 against TCU in the last 9 games. That means that you believe those games are relevant to this weekend's matchup.

I'm pointing out that citing the 2-7 stat is a stupid talking point that doesn't mean shit. If that wasn't clear.

• Hook 'Em 2