• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I'd be fine with playing them in a bowl game, it'd be fun. But rivalry aside, why would anybody choose to play an unranked Aggie team in a minor bowl where a win doesn't really advance you over playing a teamed ranked high enough that beating could possibly get you back in the rankings yourselves?

A&M would be better off meeting Utah in the Alamo than us in the Texas Bowl aside from the fun of the rivalry.

I guess I took two paragraphs to point out that Texags faithfully maintains the Aggies' reputation as deluded idiots.

They're making the two percenters proud to call themselves two percenters.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I'd be fine with playing them in a bowl game, it'd be fun. But rivalry aside, why would anybody choose to play an unranked Aggie team in a minor bowl where a win doesn't really advance you over playing a teamed ranked high enough that beating could possibly get you back in the rankings yourselves?

A&M would be better off meeting Utah in the Alamo than us in the Texas Bowl aside from the fun of the rivalry.

I guess I took two paragraphs to point out that Texags faithfully maintains the Aggies' reputation as deluded idiots.

They're making the two percenters proud to call themselves two percenters.

While many aggys are deluded idiots, I think the far more prevalent issue is the ags are largely intellectually lazy and their culture has a horrible penchant for hero worship. 

Sherrill was a hero, Fran was a hero, Sumlin was a hero, the little qb with the drug problem who was kicked out of every professional sports league was a hero, Jimbo is a hero, Mike Slive was a hero, now Stanley is a hero. They serve up more heroes than a New York deli.

Their fawning worship of all things “redneck SEC” forces them to create some rationale under which their heroes are heroic at all times, under all conditions. 

The SEC exists to monetize the collective athletics programs of conference members. It isn’t full of mythical heroes, just good old boy rednecks out to make a buck. 

But because aggy’s historically collectively accomplished so little, the aggys have to create narratives full of false heroes. 

Whenever the final “analysis” is always that “the great sleeping giant is corruptly being held from its rightful greatness,” you can bet that facts are purposely being ignored because they don’t support aggy’s farcical hero worship. 

They aren’t being deluded as much as they are being aggy-small minded, intellectually lazy rednecks. 

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

@Randolph Duke, I know the guy in your avatar fucked JImbo's wife, but wasn't there another dude she banged? Do you happen to know who that is? Also, where I can find out more about the fuckboi in your avatar? I want to have some fun with aggy and their cuckold coach before the bowl game.

https://blacksportsonline.com/2015/06/twitter-attacks-jimbos-wife-for-allegedly-sleeping-with-ex-gators-wr/

1 minute ago, mdleast said:

This seems a bit cumbersome to put up on the side of their stadium but I’m sure they’ll find a way because, you know, Aggie engineering.

a8df2810e47549f6ba63b9c32f6788a6.jpg

This is what happens when you let one conference choose their bowl slots and all of the others ones have to follow a prescribed order. 

This needs to end immediately.

• Like 5

On 12/7/2019 at 12:45 AM, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, with Kiffin going to Ole Miss, does this make Jimbo’s task of getting that natty a little harder?  He may need a raise!

you know this is going to happen soon, Jimmy Sexton is going to have some mysterious calls about offers elsewhere and they will have to up what they are paying him...

7 minutes ago, Istian said:

I'm sure this won't be EXTREMELY embarrassing for the SEC on Jan 2nd. 

No kidding.  The fact that the SEC will end up 4-5 in those games, while being heavily favored in most, won't even make the ags blink at how stupid this kind of crowing makes them look.

26 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

This is what happens when you let one conference choose their bowl slots and all of the others ones have to follow a prescribed order. 

This needs to end immediately.

Let the SEC slot their teams to the bowls and then let the bowl committees choose bowl eligible teams from their contracted conferences to finalize the match-ups.

The SEC conference leaders choose their bowl assignments, the Big 12 lets their bowl partners choose in a set order from any remaining bowl-eligible teams. Under the Big 12 method, the bowl committees get to select which team they feel would be their best choice and get to promote the interests of the bowls they represent. Under the SEC model, the interests of the conference supersede the interests of the bowl committees.

But the bowls signed the contracts with the SEC and agreed to the selection methodology, so they get what they asked for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

This seems a bit cumbersome to put up on the side of their stadium but I’m sure they’ll find a way because, you know, Aggie engineering.

a8df2810e47549f6ba63b9c32f6788a6.jpg

Imagine being such losers that you feel the need to brag about the SPREADS of games - not actual results, not predictions, lines designed to get even money on both teams (and most bettors are dumbasses who overrate SECSECSEC). Pretty sure I’ll be betting a fair number of these games.

Edited by ChemicalHorn
Spelling
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Chopper said:

We'll have to see about Okie St and who's going to skip that bowl game but bible aggy +7.5 seems awfully tempting. Also lsu is not going to be able to stop Riley on offense. Will be a shootout.

Man, I am a 180 on the Riley can score thinking. I think LSU simply loads the box and stops Hurts from running. Klineman proved how effective the strategy is. 

Once done they can pin their ears back on coverage. Recent history suggests Hurts panics and throws a few picks. I simply don’t see ou scoring more than 20. With a score coming late.

• Like 2

Man, I am a 180 on the Riley can score thinking. I think LSU simply loads the box and stops Hurts from running. Klineman proved how effective the strategy is. 
Once done they can pin their ears back on coverage. Recent history suggests Hurts panics and throws a few picks. I simply don’t see ou scoring more than 20. With a score coming late.
Just because they get pressure do not automatically assume Hurts will respond by throwing picks.

He quite frequently fumbles, instead.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Let the SEC slot their teams to the bowls and then let the bowl committees choose bowl eligible teams from their contracted conferences to finalize the match-ups.

The SEC conference leaders choose their bowl assignments, the Big 12 lets their bowl partners choose in a set order from any remaining bowl-eligible teams. Under the Big 12 method, the bowl committees get to select which team they feel would be their best choice and get to promote the interests of the bowls they represent. Under the SEC model, the interests of the conference supersede the interests of the bowl committees.

But the bowls signed the contracts with the SEC and agreed to the selection methodology, so they get what they asked for.

...and now aggy can play Big 12 also-rans in the Texas and Liberty Bowls, chant SEC SEC SEC, and claim superiority without actually playing the fucking game. Whoop!

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

We'll have to see about Okie St and who's going to skip that bowl game but bible aggy +7.5 seems awfully tempting. Also lsu is not going to be able to stop Riley on offense. Will be a shootout.

It is already known that Georgia only cares about winning national championships despite having won their last one 40 years ago. They don’t want to be there. Baylor wins outright

By the way, I’m serious about the last part.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orange&White said:

That was my initial reaction too but now I'm not really seeing it. The SEC didn't do anything to arrange LSU, Georgia, or Florida's matchups. I don't know where else they could have sent Alabama to keep them from being a huge favorite, and then that goes for Auburn, too once Bama took the Citrus slot-- Auburn could either go to the Outback and be an overwhelming favorite over Minnesota or go somewhere even lower and presumably be a big favorite.

You get below that, it's like, what are they supposed to do? Is Oklahoma State supposed to be an easy win for A&M? Tennessee is a favorite against Indiana because of name recognition, not relative strength. It's not like they took a Citrus Bowl caliber Tennessee team and dropped them five slots so they could beat up a typical Indiana team. Tennessee sucks and Indiana is way better than usual.

• Like 2