2022 National Championship - UNC vs. Kansas

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, before the game agbaji was even money for MOP so he would have had to fuck it up pretty bad...imo he was average at best but I laughed when you posted McCormack knowing it would likely be this dude.  Fuck KU

I don't get that. McCormack had 25/9 on 10/12 shooting against Nova. Unless they're considering the entire tournament? I thought it was just the FF games. 

Ah it is the whole tourney. Got it.

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That's goofy. Even their website is ku.edu

I think it was to differentiate from the older schools closer to the coasts that started first, Kansas in particular to differentiate from UK Kentucky. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'll say it, I hate "One Shining Moment" -- just a cornball, turrible John Tesh-esque song. I like the vignette package but the music needs updating in the worst possible way.

In what world are you living in that you would even think to besmirch the greatness of Roundball Rock and compare it to this shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'll say it, I hate "One Shining Moment" -- just a cornball, turrible John Tesh-esque song. I like the vignette package but the music needs updating in the worst possible way.

I don’t know man- I think you might have just made the worst post in the history of this site. 
Also- was anyone else pissed we weren’t in it?  I thought for sure our buzzer beater from 3/4 court would make the cut. 

38 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t know man- I think you might have just made the worst post in the history of this site. 
Also- was anyone else pissed we weren’t in it?  I thought for sure our buzzer beater from 3/4 court would make the cut. 

Carr’s shot didn’t? Robbed 

Davis went from being golden by winning a NC in his first year to someone you have to wonder if he’s a good coach by blowing such a large lead to lose.

Coaches have to learn and grow a little as well. I mean our coach lost a national title game (didn’t blow a lead).

Davis went from being golden by winning a NC in his first year to someone you have to wonder if he’s a good coach by blowing such a large lead to lose.

He should have called a TO when Kansas opened the half on a 6-0 run. You could feel that Kansas was gaining momentum and NC’s offense was a little confused.

44 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

He was lucky that he didn't lose after allowing the largest comeback in tournament history to Baylor.  And had Baylor won that game, i'm quite certain we'd have seen a BU/KU final last night.  

14 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He was lucky that he didn't lose after allowing the largest comeback in tournament history to Baylor.  And had Baylor won that game, i'm quite certain we'd have seen a BU/KU final last night.  

I don’t know- UCLA and Duke were both pretty good. I don’t think I’d have called either of those games gimmies for Baylor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Um yeah, about that.

48 minutes ago, Hate said:

He should have called a TO when Kansas opened the half on a 6-0 run. You could feel that Kansas was gaining momentum and NC’s offense was a little confused.

This this this. He waited way too late to call a timeout. I also would have called one after the 6-0 start. 

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t know- UCLA and Duke were both pretty good. I don’t think I’d have called either of those games gimmies for Baylor. 

UCLA was not going to beat Baylor, and Baylor matched up really well with Duke.  Not that they would be gimmies, but that's just how I see it.  

11 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This this this. He waited way too late to call a timeout. I also would have called one after the 6-0 start. 

I was thinking the same thing but if you recall after that happened UNC went down and hit a Love 3 pointer...that probably kind of mind fucked Davis.  Lead cut from 15 to 9 but then all of a sudden right back up to 12 and things ain't looking so bad.  

3 hours ago, tx ind said:

In what world are you living in that you would even think to besmirch the greatness of Roundball Rock and compare it to this shit.

Maybe one of the most underrated snl sketches of all time.

“Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba basketball!
Gimme gimme, gimme the ball!
Because I’m gonna… DUNK IT!!”

http://youtu.be/r-uSWAJd9GE

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Coaches have a weird thing about timeouts now. No one wants to use them at crucial times and then they don’t use them at crucial times either. They talk about letting their kids play. The dumbest thing is the use it or lose it TO in the first half. Everyone saves it for last possession but doesn’t use it to kill momentum or regroup their team during the 1st half. Not sure when it started, but it has created some bad coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That's just like your opinion, man. (The song is terribly, terribly outdated.)

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

57 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

There was a lot going on in the Baylor/UNC game, namely some of the worst officiating you'll ever find. Baylor was allowed to maul Carolina players in the backcourt -- and Carolina did not handle themselves at all. The Heels had very little composure at all. It showed up again in the second half last night as the lead went from 15 to about half that in 3-4 mins to start the second half. It's a little strange in that was an experiences team, not a single one-and-done player on the team. Hubert didn't have them ready to start the second half last night and his team was completely bewildered once Manek went out versus Baylor.

Wasn't Baylor severely crippled by injury coming into the tournament? Leading scorer out and had basically a 6-man rotation? I don't think they were winning without the officiating crew from the final 10 mins against UNC.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That's just like your opinion, man. (The song is terribly, terribly outdated.)

There was a lot going on in the Baylor/UNC game, namely some of the worst officiating you'll ever find. Baylor was allowed to maul Carolina players in the backcourt -- and Carolina did not handle themselves at all. The Heels had very little composure at all. It showed up again in the second half last night as the lead went from 15 to about half that in 3-4 mins to start the second half. It's a little strange in that was an experiences team, not a single one-and-done player on the team. Hubert didn't have them ready to start the second half last night and his team was completely bewildered once Manek went out versus Baylor.

Wasn't Baylor severely crippled by injury coming into the tournament? Leading scorer out and had basically a 6-man rotation? I don't think they were winning without the officiating crew from the final 10 mins against UNC.

Crippled yes, but still a really good team that matched up really well with the teams that UNC played to get to the final.   Tourney is all about matchups, and had Baylor finished that game off they’d have been a serious threat to end up in the same spot UNC did.    

Looking ahead, I like what they are laying down:

Never-too-early 2022-23 Top 25 And 1 rankings

BIGGEST MOVERS
25 NORTH CAROLINA
13 PURDUE
RK
TEAMS

CHG
RCRD
team logo
UCLA
The Bruins' ranking is based on multi-year starters Johnny Juzang, Jamie Jaquez and Tyger Cambell returning to school and being joined by a top-10 recruiting class highlighted by 5-star prospects Amari Bailey and Adem Bona. If things break that way, UCLA should have a real chance to win what would be the school's 12th national title.  9 27-8
team logo
N. CAROLINA
The Tar Heels' ranking is based on North Carolina returning every rotation player except for Brady Manek - among them All-American Armando Bacot and NCAA Tournament star Caleb Love, neither of whom is a projected first-round pick. As long as things go that way, Hubert Davis will have a real chance to make back-to-back Final Fours. NR 29-10
team logo
KENTUCKY
The Wildcats' ranking is based on CBS Sports National Player of the Year Oscar Tshiebwe returning to school alongside fellow starters Sahvir Wheeler and Keion Brooks, the latter of whom has declared for the NBA Draft but is maintaining his college eligibility. For now, I'm projecting 5-star guard Shaedon Sharpe to enter and remain in the NBA Draft considering he's a projected top-10 pick - but, let the record show, John Calipari's Wildcats could move to No. 1 if Sharpe ultimately decides to play next season at UK.  5 26-8
team logo
BAYLOR
The Bears' ranking is based on LJ Cryer, Adam Flagler and Matthew Mayer returning to school while Kendall Brown and Jeremy Sohan enter the NBA Draft. The addition of 5-star guard Keyonte George should give Baylor one of the sport's best backcourts and a chance to win a third straight Big 12 title. -- 27-7
team logo
HOUSTON
The Cougars' ranking is based on Houston returning a core featuring both players it lost to injury in December (Marcus Sasser and Tramon Mark) plus Jamal Shead. That's three double-digit scorers Kelvin Sampson should have to pair with Jarace Walker, a 5-star freshman who is among the reasons Houston will once again be the favorite in the AAC.  14 32-6
team logo
ARKANSAS
The Razorbacks' ranking is based on Arkansas returning three of the top five scorers from a team that advanced to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament for the second straight year - among them Jaylin Williams and Davonte Davis. Eric Musselman will add three 5-star prospects to that core and have a group good enough to get Arkansas back to the Final Four for the first time since 1995.  10 28-9
team logo
GONZAGA
The Bulldogs' ranking is based on Gonzaga returning five of the top eight scorers from a team that finished first at KenPom - among them All-American Drew Timme. That would provide Mark Few with a strong veteran core that will surely be supported, as always, by additions from the transfer portal.  6 28-4
team logo
KANSAS
The Jayhawks' ranking is based on Kansas losing Ochai Agbaji, Christian Braun and David McCormack even though each has eligibility remaining, which seems to be what most are expecting. But Bill Self should still have a core of Jalen Wilson, Dajuan Harris and Joseph Yusefu to combine with a top-five recruiting class highlighted by 5-star prospects Gradey Dick, MJ Rice and Ernest Udeh.  5 34-6
team logo
DUKE
The Blue Devils' ranking is based on Duke losing five players early to the NBA Draft - namely Paolo Banchero, AJ Griffin, Mark Williams, Wendell Moore and Trevor Keels. But first-year coach Jon Scheyer has set himself up for success by securing the nation's top-ranked recruiting class, one that includes 5-star prospects Dereck Lively, Kyle Filiiipowski, Dariq Whitehead and Mark Mitchell. -- 32-7
team logo
TENNESSEE
The Volunteers' ranking is based on Tennessee returning four of its top five scorers - among them Santiago Vescovi and Josiah-Jordan James. Tennessee will miss presumed one-and-done point guard Kennedy Chandler but should still be a factor near the top of the SEC.  5 27-8
team logo
ARIZONA
The Wildcats' ranking is based on Arizona returning every relevant player from its Pac-12 championship team except for Bennedict Mathurin, Christian Koloko and Justin Kier. A core of Azuolas Tubelis, Kerr Kriisa and Dalen Terry should keep the Wildcats a part of the national conversation.  9 33-4
team logo
MICHIGAN
The Wolverines' ranking is based on a returning core of Hunter Dickinson, Caleb Houstan and Moussa Diabate, each of whom is a nice college player but nothing resembling a sure-fire first-round pick. For that reason, I'll assume for now that they're all back at Michigan, which could then be the favorite in the Big Ten. NR 19-15
team logo
AUBURN
The Tigers' ranking is based on Auburn losing Jabari Smith and Walker Kessler to the NBA Draft but otherwise returning the top scorers from a team that earned a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament. That core could be joined by a top-15 recruiting class highlighted by Yohan Traore, a 5-star center who should help offset the loss of Kessler.  7 28-6
team logo
CREIGHTON
The Bluejays' ranking is based on Creighton returning five of the top seven scorers from a team that advanced to the Round of 32 of the NCAA Tournament. Assuming that happens, Greg McDermott will have a roster good enough to win the Big East for the second time in school history. NR 23-12
team logo
VILLANOVA
The Wildcats' ranking is based on Villanova returning six of the top nine scorers from its Final Four team - among them Brandon Slater and Caleb Daniels, both of whom have an extra year of eligibility remaining and could be persuaded to return in part because of an Achilles injury that will likely sideline Justin Moore for the season. To his core, Jay Wright will add a top-15 recruiting class highlighted by 5-star prospect Cam Whitmore, who should help the Wildcats make the NCAA Tournament for the 10th straight time.  8 30-8
team logo
TCU
The Horned Frogs' ranking is based on TCU returning four of the top six scorers from a team that played in the Round of 32 of the NCAA Tournament - among them double-digit scorers Damian Baugh and Emmanuel Miller. That experienced core could allow the Horned Frogs to finish in the top three of the Big 12 standings for the first time in history. NR 21-13
team logo
TEXAS A&M
The Aggies' ranking is based on Texas A&M returning every relevant player -- besides Quenton Jackson -- who helped the Aggies make the championship game of the NIT. Buzz Williams made the NCAA Tournament in Year 4 at both Marquette and Virginia Tech and should do the same at Texas A&M. NR 27-13
team logo
MICHIGAN ST.
The Spartans' ranking is based on Michigan State returning seven of the top nine scorers from a team that advanced to the Round of 32 of the NCAA Tournament - among them Max Christie, who has declared for the NBA Draft but could return to school considering he's not a projected first-round pick. If Christie is back, the hope would be that he takes a sophomore-year leap similar to the one Purdue's Jaden Ivey and Wisconsin's Johnny Davis made this season.  6 23-13
team logo
INDIANA
The Hoosiers' ranking is based on Indiana returning the top three scorers from a team that made the NCAA Tournament - among them Trayce Jackson-Davis, who could be a candidate for Big Ten Player of the Year. Indiana's recruiting class is ranked in the top 20 and highlighted by 5-star guard Jalen Hood-Schifino. NR 21-14
team logo
COLO. ST.
The Rams' ranking is based on Colorado State's top four scorers returning - among them Mountain West Conference Play of the Year David Roddy, who has declared for the NBA Draft but could return to school considering there's no guarantee he'd be selected. With Roddy back, the Rams would be considered the preseason favorite in the MWC.  3 25-6
team logo
USC
The Trojans' ranking is based on USC returning the top three scorers from a team that earned a No. 7 seed in the NCAA Tournament - namely Isaiah Mobley, Boogie Ellis and Drew Peterson, each of whom averaged at least 12.4 points per game. They'll be joined by a top-10 recruiting class highlighted by 5-star prospect Vince Iwuchukwu.  4 26-8
team logo
ALABAMA
The Crimson Tide's ranking is based on Alabama returning four of its top eight scorers from an NCAA Tournament team - among them Noah Gurley and Charles Bediako. Nate Oats should combine that core with a top-five recruiting class featuring two 5-star prospects. NR 19-14
team logo
DAYTON
The Flyers' ranking is based on Dayton returning the top eight scorers from a team that just missed the NCAA Tournament - among them double-digit scorers Daron Holmes and Toumani Camara. If Anthony Grant can keep his talented freshmen out of the transfer portal, the Flyers' future is bright in the Atlantic 10. NR 24-11
team logo
PURDUE
The Boilermakers' ranking is based on Purdue returning three of the top seven scorers from a team that made the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament - among them All-American candidate Zach Edey. Admittedly, that's not a lot -- but Matt Painter deserves the benefit of the doubt based on the consistency with which he runs his program.  13 29-8
team logo
OKLA. ST.
The Cowboys' ranking is based on Oklahoma State returning three of the top four scorers from a team that finished 34th at KenPom despite having its postseason hopes ripped away in the preseason. If Isaac Likekele decides to use his extra year of eligibility, OSU could start the season even higher. NR 15-15
team logo
SAINT LOUIS
The Billikens' ranking is based on Saint Louis returning all five starters - among them backcourt mates Yuri Collins and Gibson Jimerson. Travis Ford should have SLU in the NCAA Tournament for the second time in a four-tournament span. NR 23-12

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Texas, Texas Tech and TCU didn't make the video at all.

17 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Texas, Texas Tech and TCU didn't make the video at all.

Tech had a quick shot of a cheerleader for just a split second.  TCU also had the side of a uniform for a screen grab. I know these things b/c I watched like 4 times. 

Tech Cheerleader at :09 seconds and TCU guy at :44 or :45 second mark.

Edited by Wulaw Horn

14 hours ago, Okie State said:

I noticed that last night and thought I was seeing things since they weren't even talking about it.

According to the floor manufacturer, that never happened and would never happen.  Who are you gonna believe, them or your lying eyes? 

• Like 1