Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

Wife (no pics) has been sick all weekend so that left me with the 2 year old.  So, I felt I deserved a fat kid dinner.  Boiled hot dogs, homemade chili, mustard, steamed buns, velveeta shredded cheese and baby japs.  Not quite james Coney Island but close.  (Unfortunately, we don’t do paper plates in this household).  
B9673533-F394-4009-B0F9-A0F4FAB122D1.thumb.jpeg.dada93c287a8431f2f1c5beb041b9443.jpeg

Awesomeness with the exception of your forgetting g the chopped onions. I’d probably do shredded sharp cheddar. In absence of paper plate putting on a fancy ass plate like that also earns points in my book.

11 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Awesomeness with the exception of your forgetting g the chopped onions. I’d probably do shredded sharp cheddar. In absence of paper plate putting on a fancy ass plate like that also earns points in my book.

Didn't forget.  Don't neg the hell out of me but I hate raw onions more than a butch lesbian hates sucking dick.  I normally would use sharp cheddar too but took a gamble on the velveeta and it was awesome.  

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

I'm not seeing a hinge.

Dub question amnesty, what is a hinge?  If that's the bottom part of the bun, it's still there.  Just hidden by deliciousness.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Dub question amnesty, what is a hinge?  If that's the bottom part of the bun, it's still there.  Just hidden by deliciousness.  

I’m not hating on this at all. I am sorry for your rawonionaphobia. I even gave you kudos for the fancy ass plate with a utilitarian meal; lot of art in contrast. Like your resourcefulness deploying shredded manufactured cheese product as a last minute sub. I often have to do this when the shredded cheese bag is molded.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/1/2022 at 7:28 PM, wd40 said:

leveled-up my cheese hinge game, today.  stuff is legit.  the back of my head was sweating.  one with yellow mustard, one with spicy brown to mix things up.  Dixieland Hot Chow-Chow.  no racist.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a200dfb84e9cb7b79e0158c0df33ca23.jpeg

@Atxracer, here is a beautiful example of cheese acting as a hinge. I'd like to thank @wd40 for sharing this with us today.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

This is like some kind of Dali painting.

inorite?

the tension alone is delicious:  

-what is he going to do with the peanuts?  eat them as a side, or put them on top of the naoch?  dip them in the sour cream?  

-wtf is White Rascal?  does CS have big boobs?

so many questions.  bravo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

image.thumb.png.ac0a7d81eb4946f9d09be106a67e2f12.png

3 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

This is like some kind of Dali painting.

What is the meaning of that little empty spot where he could have crammed in one more naoch? I feel like it's a metaphor for showing restraint in the face of greed, consumerism and the impending environmental collapse of the planet. But those peanuts.... it's like they are an alien invasion just staring at the empty void like a pack of hyenas waiting to pounce. So confusing and delicious and salty all at the same time.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

image.thumb.png.ac0a7d81eb4946f9d09be106a67e2f12.png

What is the meaning of that little empty spot where he could have crammed in one more naoch? I feel like it's a metaphor for showing restraint in the face of greed, consumerism and the impending environmental collapse of the planet. But those peanuts.... it's like they are an alien invasion just staring at the empty void like a pack of hyenas waiting to pounce. So confusing and delicious and salty all at the same time.

Bingo.

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

That's honestly right up this thread's alley

- not sure why she didn't thaw the meat first

- adding water was dumb

These.  I am 98% certain I have made a concoction a lot like that at some point in my life, almost certainly college or law school.  Although I don't know if I used Rico's canned cheese......which is genius.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I didn't know Jade had a gringo sister...

I'm down with the ingredients just not in that fashion or those ratios. 

And she looks about like you'd expect someone cooking that to look. Her snatch must smell like the grease trap at a health-code violating Mexican restaurant in the Valley. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/6/2022 at 4:01 PM, elfenix said:

tex mex garbage plate

I think that's what Willie ordered, but Rosie decided that "Willie's Plate" would sell more. As for me? I'd order the garbage plate if I ever saw it on a menu at a tex mex joint. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My mom made a similar dish she just called “chili rice” which was a take on the cheapest thing on the menu in Mexican joints which was Mexican rice with chili gravy on top with a little cheese and onion on top. It was delicious. I still make occasionally. My granddaughters call it taco rice.

Basically similar to this, replacing the water with a can of diced tomatoes and can of tomato sauce, the taco seasoning with ancho, cumin, garlic, coriander. More onion, maybe a can of mild green chilies. My wife has turned a bit heat adverse so that’s on the plate. I never thought about a can of cheese sauce. We put in a bowl, top with grated cheese and chopped fresh jalapeños.

You can swap the beef for pulled chicken from a rotisserie chicken, add a bag of frozen peas and carrots and chopped bell pepper, use chicken broth and a bit of chicken base, and a can of drained tomatoes, way less chile, and you have a very easy quick version of arroz con pollo. It’s not as good as making the real deal with on the bone chicken and building a real broth, but it ready in 30 minutes and delicious.

1 hour ago, Frank The Tank said:

I’ve seen smoked bacon wrapped Oreos from the Meatchurch guy with mixed reviews. I’m assuming those went in the oven? 

But…do I also see jalapeño slices between the Oreo and bacon!? 

Yeah, that's where I got the idea. I didn't want mess with the smoker when I only making a few. Half had jalapenos.

Would definitely not recommend.  They really just came out tasteless. Basically tasted like cornflakes....

No, this isn't defeat, it's a setback. Keep working on it. People didn't think the 4 minute mile was possible,  then what's him name broke through.  If you keep perfecting the bacon/ oreo recipe, you'll be remembered forever!

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Yeah, that's where I got the idea. I didn't want mess with the smoker when I only making a few. Half had jalapenos.

Would definitely not recommend.  They really just came out tasteless. Basically tasted like cornflakes....

Counterpoint.....

The-Man-in-the-Arena-Meaning-Theodore-Ro

You may have failed, but you failed while daring greatly, and your place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

• Hook 'Em 4