kevwun

Netflix Recommendations

19 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I said it in the Netflix thread but it's amazing how many different characters are involved and none of them are likable or sympathetic.  Just pure trash.

This is the Netflix thread

Continually impressed with Castlevania. Best dialogue and character development for an animated show outside of the Star Wars shows. I’m almost done with season 3 and will be wanting more.

33 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Continually impressed with Castlevania. Best dialogue and character development for an animated show outside of the Star Wars shows. I’m almost done with season 3 and will be wanting more.

Hold on to your butts

12 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Bojack Horseman would like a word.

Bojack Horseman would like a word.

I watched the first few episodes of season one and it didn’t grab me. I thought it was just OK.

Edit: but then again I couldn’t get into Archer either and I know that was wildly popular. Same for Rick and Morty.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, Buzzrock said:

I think I’m in the minority but I just do not find him funny. Put a shirt on dude.

His first stand up on Netflix was good. I liked it.

The Russian study abroad bit.... that was funny and a great bit

The fact that he’s the real van wilder is also cool.

This one doesn’t have the density of jokes / quality of narrative his 1st standup had and he doesn’t have a natural stand-up skill set IMO.

That being said, his coffee store bit was ok. I laughed.

Finally sat down and watched Schitt's Creek the past few days. Glad I waited until I really needed something to watch. 

2 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Happy S2 is even more over-the-top than one. Tarantino level gore and I love it.

When I read this I thought, no, not possible. I was wrong.

Also Patricio, there's a full thread for Tiger King now

When I read this I thought, no, not possible. I was wrong.
Also Patricio, there's a full thread for Tiger King now

I’ll look into. I’m working almost double time this week and can barely think straight.

On 3/27/2020 at 7:46 AM, Buzzrock said:

I watched the first few episodes of season one and it didn’t grab me. I thought it was just OK.

Edit: but then again I couldn’t get into Archer either and I know that was wildly popular. Same for Rick and Morty.

you should power through x3. 

Watched the platform last night.
That.... was something.

Yeah. Something. I was trying to fall asleep but kept up all the way through it saying “what the...”

It was different.

I've got a love/hate thing with Shameless going on right now.  Love the show, bingeing.  Hate it's keeping me from other content.  We did finish AC2 and Letter to the King, which had a King Arthur feel, but was pretty decent.   Back to Shameless, 3 season to go yet.

On 3/23/2020 at 7:46 PM, trza-hawk said:

Can you imagine going through this stuff back in the nineties with nineties entertainment options instead of streaming services like Netflix? I mean back in the day when families had one, maybe two big crt televisions and at most one computer with a compuserve connection? I tried to tell some young guys at work about how cable was fifty bucks back in the nineties and more for premium channels but every channel was just a constant stream of 2-star movies all day. In that sense, Netflix and all the streaming options are a slight improvement.

Anyway, I finally finished The Irishman and Highwaymen this weekend.

Hell, try the 70s when you had to pay the nerdy EE student to hook you up an HBO descrambler.