"it's time for hunters to leave the NRA"

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Interesting that LaPierre is effectively admitting that he inappropriately enriched himself and has reimbursed the NRA. If I rob a bank, can I just make it ok by giving back the stolen money? And only giving back what they know about.

What's also interesting:

LaPierre personally signed the 2019 tax return; such a document is customarily signed by the organization’s treasurer. “He is putting himself on the line, under penalties of perjury, which is what you do if you are trying to get in someone’s good graces,” Hackney said.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

spacer.png

I can think of nobody better fit to lead the NRA.  Just look at him.

Contemplating, "where'd I park my Subaru?"

City slicker motherfucker...

What. A. Dork.

He supposedly spent time with Ivana’s dad during the divorce fest with The Donald. Donald ignored him, and his g-dad was a big outdoorsman who taught him to fish and hunt.

He looks like the answer to “Do you ever yearn?”, but he is a long time hunter IRL

12 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

He's a big game trophy hunter.  He's the guy who flies around the world and pays big fees/bribes to be plopped in front of animal so he can pull the trigger.

In "Our Cartoon President," he runs around yelling about "feeding an antelope its ass."  Surprised that show doesn't get more play around here.  It's tiresome, but it has some great moments.

50 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

He's a big game trophy hunter.  He's the guy who flies around the world and pays big fees/bribes to be plopped in front of animal so he can pull the trigger.

For the past four years he’s also had tax paid secret service protection 

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2021 at 4:28 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Why the hell do they have to come here?

In these trying times, they are looking to leverage their consumer relationship with patriots and know they will receive buy-in from seditionists members with core competency in support of the second amendment and facilitate game changing advancement in gun legislation and protection of the right to bear arms. Going forward, they are anticipating an active engaged membership that can rely on the NRA to look out for their interests. The best is yet to come!

It'll be at minimum, a P.O. Box and articles filed with TX SoS.  At maximum, I could see 800 square feet near the Capitol and 6 FTE's.  

What would be morbidly funny to see if them move into that WeWork space right by the Capitol while they look for permanent office space as lots of national lobbying groups do.  I'd just like to see how they'd mingle with the Austin startup/hipster culture in there.  That would be an mockumentary premise worthy of HBO.  You telling me you wouldn't watch that show just to see the conversations at the keg/espresso machine?  

"Can I help you there man?"

"Oh, just trying to get my key card to swipe for those kale chips my niece told me I should eat.  This is a really futuristic snack machine."

"Yeah, it just bills to your monthly rent, kinda cool."

"I've had an easier time buying an AR-15."  

(fade to black) 

Edited by Lobo

On 1/16/2021 at 3:49 PM, DanRydell said:

I guess so many schools being closed was bad for the bottom line

or maybe they (severely) deviated from a mission with which most folks could identify.   

It's all through this thread.  Today's NRA is a far cry from that which  it started.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

or maybe they (severely) deviated from a mission with which most folks could identify.   

It's all through this thread.  Today's NRA is a far cry from that which  it started.

Yep, when I was a kid, they were still doing the "teaching gun owners how to be responsible" bit.  They have fought Congress plenty of times over the decades - when armybrat was young, they fought some in Congress who were trying to get the original Henry rifle limited to 6 bullets, instead of 16.

On 1/15/2021 at 4:28 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Why the hell do they have to come here?

The cynic in me says whites in Texas are less than 45% of the population, and have been passed up by Hispanics, and you have a lot of outdoors/rural types, and together these are potent grounds for raking in a lot of money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OMG. Her comment: "so the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good friend with a yacht?" is the perfect summary of the NRA/GOP FYIGM philosphy. Everyone else is trying to work, attend school, go to the freaking Walmart hoping not to get shot and LaPierre is looking at tide charts and rising gun sales.

3 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Holy shit, did you really posrep your own post with a sock?

image.thumb.png.85f1d1ef3e2e5a4f29b1f7060e0e62ad.png

Rent free in your head... LOLz.

Who the fuck cares?

As long as there are ghost negs, there will be sock rep.