We need a ghostbusters thread

dingleberryswitzer

an underrated non-verbal part of the movie, is when venkman is giving egon his candy bar near the beginning of the movie, something like, "you know, i'm gonna take back some of the things i said about you.  you...you've earned it."

then after he gives him the candy bar, aykroyd looks on and smiles.  his expression cracks me up.

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

an underrated non-verbal part of the movie, is when venkman is giving egon his candy bar near the beginning of the movie, something like, "you know, i'm gonna take back some of the things i said about you.  you...you've earned it."

then after he gives him the candy bar, aykroyd looks on and smiles.  his expression cracks me up.

My favorite nonverbal gag is when venkman barely has any marshmallow on him and the others look at him wondering how it missed him. 

Ted! Annette! I'm glad you could come, how you doin', give me your coats. Everybody, this is Ted and Annette Fleming! Ted has a small carpet cleaning business in receivership; Annette's drawing a salary from a deferred bonus from two years ago! They got fifteen thousand left on the house at eight percent.

• Like 2

Louis's opening statement in the court room.

Your Honour, ladies and gentlemen, I don’t think it’s very fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don’t blame them, because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you.

Something terrible is about to enter our world, and this building is obviously the door. The architect's name was Ivo Shandor. I found it in Tobin's Spirit Guide. He was also a doctor. Performed a lot of unnecessary surgery. And then in 1920, he started a secret society.  After the First World War, Shandor decided that society was too sick to survive.  And he wasn't alone; he had close to a thousand followers when he died. They conducted rituals up on the roof, bizarre rituals intended to bring about the end of the world, and now, it looks like it may actually happen.

• Haha 1