Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So I think the reality is he gets another year and a new OC/DC. But should he? Do we trust him to swallow his ego and hire the right person and then hand the offense over to him? I sure don’t. But sadly he’ll get the chance.

It’s a catch-22. If he’s toxic and deadman walking, how much success will he have getting quality assistants to buy-in? Feels like the final year with Charlie and the shit we had to do for Sterlin Gilbert. 

Believe me I want everyone gone. Just not sure it’s going to happen. I feel like we are always a bit slow on pulling the trigger.
Reverting back to a .500 quality team in Mensas third year and shitting the bed impressively down the stretch HAS to mean mass firings on the coaching staff right? RIGHT?!!

6 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I said a week ago that CDC needs to show us the size of his balls and his commitment and rip this bandaid off right now. As soon as the Tech game is over clean house.

With the qualification that I am usually wrong about everything...yeah. I am kind of amazed how fast the wheels flew off the Herman wagon.

His arrogance is astounding given it masks that he has no idea how to fix this. But come on, we all saw this coming. He lost to SMU, Navy, and UCONN the year we hired him. We knew we aren’t getting the best option. But we had to roll the dice on him and like Charlie, we chose poorly. So let’s roll the dice again. If you can get Whittingham from Utah or Fleck, then do it.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

His arrogance is astounding given it masks that he has no idea how to fix this. But come on, we all saw this coming. He lost to SMU, Navy, and UCONN the year we hired him. We knew we aren’t getting the best option. But we had to roll the dice on him and like Charlie, we chose poorly. So let’s roll the dice again. If you can get Whittingham from Utah or Fleck, then do it.

I’m good with this.  Herman is a fucking fool.

1 minute ago, Liquor and Poker said:

If you want Herman to stay at this point, it can only be due to some slavish devotion to “everyone gets 4 years” or you’ve bought into some strange shit like RDs “realignment” thing. 

I mean, fuck this guy. 

At this point is there anyone left defending him?

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas