Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Just piss off and root for the Texans or something. You didn't graduate from Texas, so just fuck off and root for another team with a bull logo. Chicago Bulls basketball may be your thing.

LOL,  I graduated from Texas not once,  but twice loser.  So go fuck yourself.  BTW,  what does Texans have to do with college football?  

10 minutes ago, Fire Jack Chevigny said:

This is probably a good time to remind everyone that when the powers that be decided to fire Strong, they did no actual coaching search. They didn’t interview another sole. They just handed the job to the name that happened to be hot at the moment.

Because he beat OU...they forgot the whole losing to SMU part bc they thought he was so focused on getting to Texas as HC that losing to SMU just happens. For the record, row the boat guy and Frost were also looking to move on. The difference is they didn’t abandon their team mid-season. Or the powers that be here at Texas convinced themselves like many  other hapless people that the reason SMU won was bc Herman was laser focused on leaving. Perhaps he’s just a fraud?

8 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Herman was doomed the minute he hired his B team offensive staff of UH lackeys and a Gene Chizik's long lost brother to be OC.  This shit is going to go down just like Charlie's tenure did. Herman might squeeze out another year by staying an eyelash above .500 for his tenure, but the first rule of being hired at a blue blood institution handing out blank checks is to surround yourself with rockstars and not yes men.  

Yeah. I used to think staff hire mistakes were recoverable errors. But not at coordinator level and certainly not if left unfixed after a season. 

• Like 1

Herman fucked up by keeping his worthless friends on after it was apparent they were not our standard. After we go 6-6/7-5 this year he is going to be forced to fire them all and be on the hot seat himself. 

Our next head coach should not be allowed to make this mistake again. 

18 minutes ago, Fire Jack Chevigny said:

This is probably a good time to remind everyone that when the powers that be decided to fire Strong, they did no actual coaching search. They didn’t interview another sole. They just handed the job to the name that happened to be hot at the moment.

It was basically a bidding war with LSU for Herman.  

Congrats.  

LSU didn’t do a coaching search either after Herman fell through

10 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Herman was doomed the minute he hired his B team offensive staff of UH lackeys and a Gene Chizik's long lost brother to be OC.  This shit is going to go down just like Charlie's tenure did. Herman might squeeze out another year by staying an eyelash above .500 for his tenure, but the first rule of being hired at a blue blood institution handing out blank checks is to surround yourself with rockstars and not yes men.  

A.k.a. what Jimbo Fisher and Willie Taggart did.

But no, we had to play the 'alignment' game. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

Settle down. Our football team is an embarrassing shit show at the moment and has been for close to a decade.

UT is still a great school we can all be proud of.

Shit if having a good football team were a prerequisite to school pride, I would have none (88 and 91). We were only good at baseball and women's sports when I was there. The more things change.... 

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Herman fucked up by keeping his worthless friends on after it was apparent they were not our standard. After we go 6-6/7-5 this year he is going to be forced to fire them all and be on the hot seat himself. 

The "not our standard" quote is getting really stupid at this point. What is "our standard" exactly? Soft, entitled, and pussy are the only words that leap to mind right now.

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Our University is in a conference with Baylor. We aren't great at any men's sport.

Our football won't hire a proven commodity as a head football coach.

We have a monster atheltic department.

There is plenty to be embarrassed about.

We went to CWS, so that's worth something. 

6 hours ago, Barry McOkiner said:

How is this Ehrlinger's fault?

We still can't run block and we still can't get a pass rush against a mediocre team like Maryland.

Game-ending int on the final drive... where have I seen that before?

guy looks like a sophomore qb

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Who are these proven commodities? Used to be Saban and Meyer. Now it's Saban maybe Dabo. Dabo's greatest success came when he had a transcendent QB, much like Chizik's did, so how proven is he, really?

So it's Saban or bust? Again?

We had a shot with Petersen if I remember right

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

If this is the product that got TH excited over the summer, he not only isn’t a good coach, he isn’t a half-decent scout for good college teams.

The same shit happened to Chuck in his last season. He really thought he had a good team. It is weird. I have no idea what is going on down there. I presume any competent college coach can split with Maryland and win 8 games at UT but clearly not. Something is wrong and I don't know what it is.

no more hiring guys from non power 5 conferences.  fuck herman he's all attitude and no fucking results right now.  matt campbell did for more in his first year at iowa st than herman did here. and will do far more in his second year.  tom's body of work thus far says he's a fucking fraud

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Throw money at Peterson, Patterson, shaw, Dabo, and Saban... all of which will say no.

Then we look at people like Holgo, Norvell, Fuente, Harsin and Leach

god what a crappy coaching search itll be

One thing Norvell did -- he taught our receivers to block like motherfuckers. We don't win that OU game without our guys down there (probably holding, but fuck it) locking down the Gooners so Marcus Johnson can stroll into the end zone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

no more hiring guys from non power 5 conferences.  fuck herman he's all attitude and no fucking results right now.  matt campbell did for more in his first year at iowa st than herman did here. and will do far more in his second year.  tom's body of work thus far says he's a fucking fraud

Campbell went 3-9 his first year at Iowa State

11 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Our University is in a conference with Baylor. We aren't great at any men's sport.

Our football won't hire a proven commodity as a head football coach.

We have a monster atheltic department.

There is plenty to be embarrassed about.

The quality education the University of Texas provides its students is not one of those things.

21 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We said the same shit last time.

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The same shit happened to Chuck in his last season. He really thought he had a good team. It is weird. I have no idea what is going on down there. I presume any competent college coach can split with Maryland and win 8 games at UT but clearly not. Something is wrong and I don't know what it is.

some of it is the QB and the OL but most of it is taking guys who are lightly proven as head coaches and are only really good at one side of the ball. 

Herman is no different then most coaches not named Saban. They are as good as their QB is. Saban is one if the few that doesn’t seem to miss on QB’s. They ain’t shiny, but they can play football at the college level, and they very seldom hurt their team.

Herman was that at UH. He had a pretty good QB, and he got better results. So my guess is he is not very good at evaluating and preparing the QB position. If a kid has raw talent he can get by. The evidence is how our guys look. They are not bad athletes, they just don’t seem to have the intangibles that make for a great signal caller. They play scared, and it often looks more as if they hope they don’t make a mistake rather then confidently executing the play. I put that on the coach. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured this topic