Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

16 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

I fucking miss my years at Texas everyday.  It was a blissful time with almost no responsibilities. 

I can't declare a day off for no reason and sit around with three like minded worthless layabout friends drinking Natty Light and playing a Super Tecmo Bowl tournament anymore, that's for fuckin sure. And it sucks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

LJH is more likely to be the next Jimmy Graham than the next Colston. Not that LJH will play TE, but that if he does happen to make the team, he'll run the same types of routes Graham did. Colston's athleticism, while not elite, was miles beyond LJH's. 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I think LJH will be a pretty good pro. I don't ever see him as a pro bowl caliber player, but a good enough player to start and do fairly well. 

I hope you're right but my gut feeling is the opposite.  I think a surefire way to elude success in any career is to believe you are more valuable than you actually are.  I fear LJH views himself this way.   Hope he works his ass off and learns from those who have already done it. 

Edited by UTEX90

1 hour ago, UTEX90 said:

I hope you're right but my gut feeling is the opposite.  I think a surefire way to elude success in any career is to believe you are more valuable than you actually are.  I fear LJH views himself this way.   Hope he works his ass off and learns from those who have already done it. 

Yeah, that's most definitely true. I think him being the man on campus to being a nobody UDFA most definitely could also backfire. Let's hope he actually listens to smart people and becomes humble. But after reading what he wrote, I'm getting a feeling he might need to be punched in the mouth to realize he ain't shit yet. I hope the best for him, so let's hope he hasn't burned bridges. 

On 7/16/2019 at 11:30 AM, pearlandhorn said:

I don't think LJH and Herman saw eye to eye on a lot of things.  LJH seemed like the kind of guy who could get away with being a little lazy, bad attitude, a "me" guy.  He got away with it with Charlie Strong but not with Herman.  That's how I see it at least.

Young people rarely see things as older adults do.  Just the way it is.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

If anyone is interested, LJH has struggled pretty badly so far in Saints camp, per the reports. Some bad drops, and a few other things. Uphill battle for sure.

If LJH doesn't earn an NFL roster spot this summer, hopefully he ends up on a practice squad with a good NFL organization...   

If LJH doesn't earn an NFL roster spot this summer, hopefully he ends up on a practice squad with a good NFL organization...   

Practice squad players are usually low on talent high on piss vinegar preparation and football acumen guys. You know, guys who can really help their team.....practice.

Nothing seen or heard suggest that LJH remotely fits that bill.

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Practice squad players are usually low on talent high on piss vinegar preparation and football acumen guys. You know, guys who can really help their team.....practice.

Nothing seen or heard suggest that LJH remotely fits that bill.

Practice squad players have usually been players who had obvious potential, but definitely weren’t ready to contribute. 

Usually poorly coached or late career/post career position change. 

That being said, they almost always have a desire to work their asses off to make it onto the full squad. 

I haven’t seen any of the reports, but I doubt LJH has ever been a great practice guy, but performs well when in games. If he can make it to a preseason game, then he may get a chance to make a better impression. We’ve seen he’s a baller. He wins contested balls and usually catches it, which are the skills needed for a receiver who can’t get open with speed. We’ll see if he can make it to Friday’s game with the Vikings.

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I haven’t seen any of the reports, but I doubt LJH has ever been a great practice guy, but performs well when in games. If he can make it to a preseason game, then he may get a chance to make a better impression. We’ve seen he’s a baller. He wins contested balls and usually catches it, which are the skills needed for a receiver who can’t get open with speed. We’ll see if he can make it to Friday’s game with the Vikings.

Is this true or are you just trying to pump sunshine in here? 

I don't see 2 undrafted free agent WRs making the Saints active roster, and from the reports I'm seeing it sounds like Emmanuel Butler has the best chance to be the one who makes it.

Hopefully, if he doesn't make it onto a roster he'll be smart enough to finish his degree, but LJH never struck me as a smart guy.  I get the feeling he'll be working at the Southlake Home Depot in 3 years.

Sad, but bad decisions often result in bad outcomes.  I hope I'm wrong, but all signs point to a very short NFL career.

• Like 1

I don't see 2 undrafted free agent WRs making the Saints active roster, and from the reports I'm seeing it sounds like Emmanuel Butler has the best chance to be the one who makes it. Hopefully, if he doesn't make it onto a roster he'll be smart enough to finish his degree, but LJH never struck me as a smart guy.  I get the feeling he'll be working at the Southlake Home Depot in 3 years. Sad, but bad decisions often result in bad outcomes.  I hope I'm wrong, but all signs point to a very short NFL career.  

Sad part is with the Saints cutting Cam Meredith, there is/was more room at WR than expected. But this Butler kid seems to be the "next Colston" (silly imo) that everyone wanted LJH to be, and LJH is the invisible man. Saints rarely roster more than 4 or 5 WRs and the 5th needs to play ST. Thomas, Ginn and Smith are locks and it sounds like Kirkwood has established himself too. And then it's worth mentioning that Taysom Hill played snaps at WR last year. That leaves one spot, if even, and I'd imagine Austin Carr (rostered last year, plays ST well) and Butler are ahead of him.   

Sum sum unless he just goes nuclear in preseason, he's not making the team. He and his management should have done better research on depth charts IMO. But I'm sure that surprises nobody.

Man it all just makes me sad that he's not back. We damn sure could have used him, and even if he never bled burnt orange his attitude clearly didn't stop him from showing out last year. IDGAF if he viewed his time at Texas as a springboard to the career he was hoping to have, that's what college is for. But now it doesn't look like he's got the career he was wanting and we don't have our top receiver and it seems like a big lose-lose.

• Like 1

Sad story, so far. He never struck me as being terribly slow, he dropped some that looked eminently catchable, and he made some hellaciously difficult catches in critical situations.

Wishing LJ nothing but the best, but it looks uphill in every direction for him, and his PR person(s) need some rectocranial inversion therapy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Sad story, so far. He never struck me as being terribly slow, he dropped some that looked eminently catchable, and he made some hellaciously difficult catches in critical situations.

Wishing LJ nothing but the best, but it looks uphill in every direction for him, and his PR person(s) need some rectocranial inversion therapy.

...and whoever told him to go pro needs some of that rectocranial inversion therapy as well....side by side.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

that shit he tweeted about not caring about UT because it was just a stepping stone to his ultimate goal or something... that will age well when he’s training high school kids in grapevine next year. 

Judging by his combine results, he might not be the first guy I’d call up about WR training.