YETI Cancels IPO

On 4/27/2018 at 2:26 PM, Lobo said:

When you're naive enough to pay this much for a cooler, you're naive enough to listen to somebody telling you to blow it up outta protest.  

I'm gonna go put a Coleman sticker on my Tahoe and pretend to be 'outdoorsy' 

Sorry to hear you have the poors.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yeti or a similar company should go into hotel room ice buckets. Sure people will steal them, but the hotel can just add it on the customer's credit card. And if the hotel tells Yeti "So many people will steal them, we won't have enough to satisfy our guests," Yeti can just say "Order up an overstock."

Plastic ice buckets suck. We all win in this scenario. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

Yeti or a similar company should go into hotel room ice buckets. Sure people will steal them, but the hotel can just add it on the customer's credit card. And if the hotel tells Yeti "So many people will steal them, we won't have enough to satisfy our guests," Yeti can just say "Order up an overstock."
Plastic ice buckets suck. We all win in this scenario. 

Is there an investors/ideas thread over here yet? I think you have a good start.
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 3:43 PM, 'stache said:

Really good, in depth discussion in this podcast.  A bunch of assholes took over the NRA in the late 70s and turned it into the band of nutcases it is today.  Also, another nutcase who convinced Scalia and his cronies about the "individual" rights part of the 2nd Amendment, and total disregard for the "militia" part.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/radiolab-presents-more-perfect-gun-show

The "nutcases" who first made the argument regarding the 2nd Amendment were Huey P. Newton and Bobby Seale.  All of this pro/anti gun politicization stems from wealthy California liberals scared of black men with firearms.  A handful of nutbags managed to pull off a coup of the NRA and coopted the political speech of the Black Panthers.  It's wild and wacky stuff, this nation.

The NRA is a bunch of fat men with low IQ and low T.  Yetis are awesome.  Fuck the haters.

I had a couple of RTIC coolers that I got when they did that big firesale right before the announcement between them and YETI. The Roadie sucked and the Tundra 45 was a bad size and wasn't great.  I had the soft pack 20 as well but eventually sold all of those.

I have a Polar Bear 12 soft cooler that I use to head to the neighbhorhood pool (got that from a Houston Texas Exes golf tournament with the Exes logo embroidered on it) and an Igloo UT "cube" cooler with wheels that I use for birthday parties,....  They work good enough for a day and that works for me.  And alot easier to transport.

2 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

The "nutcases" who first made the argument regarding the 2nd Amendment were Huey P. Newton and Bobby Seale.  All of this pro/anti gun politicization stems from wealthy California liberals scared of black men with firearms.  A handful of nutbags managed to pull off a coup of the NRA and coopted the political speech of the Black Panthers.  It's wild and wacky stuff, this nation.

The NRA is a bunch of fat men with low IQ and low T.  Yetis are awesome.  Fuck the haters.

CR is that way -->

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ZanTheFan said:

Lol these guys part 2

The stackable cups are pretty cool tbh42f4faa897a9b357f32541e66b365772.jpgebc0414c9d9411f021511c5344bd3418.jpg

Not gonna lie, I may interested in the camping/picnic blanket if it comes in at a decent price (lulz). The wife’s current one collects a shitload of burrs and stickers every time it gets used. Knowing yeti though, it’ll come out at $150 compared to similar products already on the market that go for about $20

Not gonna lie, I may interested in the camping/picnic blanket if it comes in at a decent price (lulz). The wife’s current one collects a shitload of burrs and stickers every time it gets used. Knowing yeti though, it’ll come out at $150 compared to similar products already on the market that go for about $20
Close!

9ef1fa6dab002d6d41515e84c5f3434d.jpg
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Barry McOkiner said:

Let's just say that I know the Yeti employee who came up with the idea for this, and she is extremely hot.  

8 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Tapa isn’t letting the pic load. Try a different image host and repost.

I’m not seeing them either 

6 hours ago, Stinkpalm said:

I told your wife we needed to find a cleaner spot. Sorry.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stinkpalm said:

Just wait till Rtic makes one. 

• Like 1

I want a water jug. Their "growler" is close, but I want an actual water jug. 3 and 4 quart options.

And while you're at it, 5, 7 and 10 gallon water coolers. The ones with the little "tap" at the bottom.
I mean they have 1/2 and 1 gallon jugs and a 6 gallon water cooler.... But maybe I missed the joke?

756b718b11a01950189141b78e6fe078.jpgffcd1eb7247f73e6514934982fb1c6f6.jpg

• 6 months later...