Buzzrock

Perfect Junk Food

On 5/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, TwiceHorn said:

On this, as a kid, I had a healthy disdain for baked Cheetos (that's what they were called long before "baked" chips became a thing).  Then Planters came along with these:

Mvg7vOf.jpg

The original cheezy poofs.  These altered my view of baked cheese puffs.  Now I like them as well or maybe better than the fried.  They are almost different snacks altogether.

ha, I remember those from when I was a kid - they also made them in the "stick" form (like the regular cheetos) too - both of them were the snacks we had as a "treat" in my house growing up 

34 minutes ago, thestud said:

My inner Mexican can eat the entire bag in one sitting
8a3311bdc4cbbc7a7efc2072f58dd68b.jpg

Verdad.  They sell these in snack-size bags.  We got some, cuz the boy likes to take them for lunch.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

They're on the website but not in any store.

Not like they'd be open, anyway. 

They don't make them anymore, but Eagle Brand cheese balls and pretzels were the shit.

I’ve posted a fair amount of candy on here lately, but we have a new leader. Has to be in the fridge. 

886cfea4-61c2-431c-be98-02b5d21e3e10-1-4

Trader Joe's dark chocolate pb&j bites. Put them in the freezer for a bit and enjoy

On 5/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, TwiceHorn said:

On this, as a kid, I had a healthy disdain for baked Cheetos (that's what they were called long before "baked" chips became a thing).  Then Planters came along with these:

Mvg7vOf.jpg

The original cheezy poofs.  These altered my view of baked cheese puffs.  Now I like them as well or maybe better than the fried.  They are almost different snacks altogether.

FTMFW.   Grandma always had these for us when I was a kid.  Love them to this day; many imitators but only one OG.  There may (or not) be three cans of these currently in my house.

OG Fritos and Funyuns are bad?  Fuck that noise, and where are the Gardetos? 
Beneath chex mix apparently in which ive never seen anyone buy or eat

Just had these for the first time, real damn good. $2 at Walmart currently, should have bought more. 

1f84cdaf-9237-42c1-8a38-b7c522f4d8d2-1-9

after the longhorns took care of kansas tonight I put about three tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter in a bowl, covered it completely with ghirardelli dark chocolate chips, went at it with a spoon and washed it down with a quart of whole milk.  it was so delicious. 

For lack of better thread, I had a semi sweet tooth so took a Graham cracker and put some almond butter on it.

New favorite snack.

Anyone else tried these?  A coworker introduced us to them recently.  They're quite tasty, and a bag (along with a few cans of ice cold tasty beverages) can easily disappear whilst viewing a match of collegiate football.

spacer.png

Edited by Dutch

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You just discovered pretzels?

"Dot's Homestyle Pretzels," yes; just discovered those.  Been a fan of the pretzel (hard, soft, Snyder's pieces, from the mall, etc) in its many iterations for decades, though. 

Edited by Dutch

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They do come in many shapes and sizes. 

Pretzels and boobs, man.  Pretzels and boobs.

Yeah, not a mustard flavor. Dot’s have a buttery finish with a distinct seasoning to them. Really good. Not easy to find, but good. 

Edited by Dutch

On 5/7/2019 at 7:35 AM, South Austin said:

Haven't tried the Lay's brand of kettle cooked chips, but Kettle and Zapps make a damn good jalapeno chip.

51KMXOQRG7L.jpg

Once in a moment of weakness I ate an entire bag of these things. I think I had second degree burns on my asshole after my next shit.