Gil Bang

Any good thermometer deals?

Anything Thermoworks. 

I've been pimping The Fireboard .  

I love it. Search it up, I've posted some of the features and the graphs. TW make amazing products but they don't have one as streamlined and as smooth as this yet imo. 

I have the Thermapen Mk4.  Great handheld thermometer.  They go on sale periodically - I think I paid $79. 

I have a Fireboard being delivered this week.  Really looking forward to using it on the kamado for longer cooks. 

usually people buy and burn through like 3 of those 20$ generic chinese ones before they realize its worth it to buy the real deal.  (like i did)

most if nto all of the thermoworks stuff is calibrated and certified

16 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GVGPLKP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I picked this up on Amazon and have loved it so far.  The bluetooth signal is strong and since it uses a phone app you don't need a separate receiver.   Can't beat it for the money.

71D6uIZSIzL._SL1500_.jpg

I picked up the 6 probe version from Amazon a couple years ago.  Worked fine the first few cooks, but I'm getting some erratic readings more and more often.

I wish Thermoworks would have have made a 4 probe version of the Smoke instead of the Signals.  I miss the handheld receiver.  I don't want to always look at my phone to see the temps.  It also seems a little buggy.  I had to power it off a couple of times the first time I made BBQ because it kept either switching probes around on the display or not reading them at all.  I've had my Smoke for a couple of years without an issue other than an air temp probe going bad and that happens.

Edited by kevwun

Anyone use a wireless meat thermometer like the Meater?  Saw a guy I watch on Youtube use it (Guga Foods) and it looks pretty slick.  Monitors internal as well as external temps and no wires.  Looks a lot easier than something like Signals, and a bit cheaper as well.  Or is there something better out there?  I will pay for quality, but the idea of getting rid of the wires is appealing to me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H8WTFHW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=sousvideevery-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07H8WTFHW&linkId=ea484062d5f01f621e6618f2c5ae6008#customerReviews

I know a guy with one, and we eat together often.  I fucking hate it.  It's really THICK, easily the size of a pencil, or even thicker.  I don't like poking 1/2" holes in whatever I'm cooking, but that's just me. 

I really like this guy, but he always goes for flashy shit. "it costs a fortune and comes in a cool box?  Sign me up"!

Motherfucker actually bought the yeti bucket.  Like a home depot orange bucket, but 10 times more expensive. 

If you rotisserie, a Meater or similar wireless is the only way you can track realtime IT. That said, many people in the FB Kamado Joe group had issues with Meater randomly losing connection and being very unreliable early on, I haven't followed enough to know if it's better now.