How Fox News works

retread

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This isn't a mistake.  They know that outrage fuels clicks.  Watch The Social Dilemma if you haven't already.

Yeah I've been meaning to get around to that one.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

That's how I feel about Facebook.  Every time I hear a conservative cry about being silenced on Facebook or Twitter I can't roll my eyes hard enough.  I don't know what I ever clicked on to get this shitty algorithm, but I'm constantly having to click "show me less" or "hide" on every suggested video that pops up in my feed because it's always Dan Bongobongo, Charlie Kirk, Ben Shapiro, Benny Johnson, and even DJT, Jr.

The very video above popped up with the title "Dan Bongobongo ends Geraldo's TV career with an EPIC BOMB!" or something stupid and exaggerated like that.

I get a kick out of some of those video titles...  wreckt, destroyed, career ending.  Jesus, who comes up with that shit?  12 year olds?  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tom said:

That's how I feel about Facebook.  Every time I hear a conservative cry about being silenced on Facebook or Twitter I can't roll my eyes hard enough.  I don't know what I ever clicked on to get this shitty algorithm, but I'm constantly having to click "show me less" or "hide" on every suggested video that pops up in my feed because it's always Dan Bongobongo, Charlie Kirk, Ben Shapiro, Benny Johnson, and even DJT, Jr.

If you click “hide” enough, you start getting vapid vaguely inspirational quotes about how you’re a strong, independent woman.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Tom said:

The very video above popped up with the title "Dan Bongobongo ends Geraldo's TV career with an EPIC BOMB!" or something stupid and exaggerated like that.

Quit Facebook. 

• Hook 'Em 8

I heard a good description of that show. It's like they understand what a joke is, and what joke structure is, but don't understand how to plug in the correct words to make an actual joke. "... and then Hillary Clinton said, 'But that's not Hunter Biden, that's Nancy Pelosi!'. Ha ha ha ha ha!!". 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I heard a good description of that show. It's like they understand what a joke is, and what joke structure is, but don't understand how to plug in the correct words to make an actual joke. "... and then Hillary Clinton said, 'But that's not Hunter Biden, that's Nancy Pelosi!'. Ha ha ha ha ha!!". 

It's not easy trying to make angry, fearful people laugh.

12 hours ago, Mole said:

If you click “hide” enough, you start getting vapid vaguely inspirational quotes about how you’re a strong, independent woman.

Jesus Christ...do you follow my step-sister too?

Edited by Gooby

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Two observations:

Beck is claiming intellectual lineage of current day right wing thinking to Galileo/science.  A balm for the hurt feelings in the audience.

Carlson looks confused again.  He's going to have to get used to it, since his list of guests is the bottom of the barrel.

Judge batshit Pirro just said “No one, and I mean no one supports the police” 

as she spoke to millions of people who do in fact, back the blue. 

She said only 17 black people were killed by police out of 10K arrest this year (or some similar figure). That’s not that big of a deal she says. Um....Maybe because black people are not upset police are killing people as much as they are killing black people 3 times more you gaslighting cunt. 

51 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Judge batshit Pirro just said “No one, and I mean no one supports the police” 

as she spoke to millions of people who do in fact, back the blue. 

She said only 17 black people were killed by police out of 10K arrest this year (or some similar figure). That’s not that big of a deal she says. Um....Maybe because black people are not upset police are killing people as much as they are killing black people 3 times more you gaslighting cunt.

How many were killed without ever being arrested, Jeannie?

Here’s one:

Edited by WhatTheBuck

You gotta love Fox News “spin” on the Chauvin verdict.  They are saying this has nothing to do with race and they have Brit Hume on there going on about how we are the least racist country in the world and its offensive for Biden to have said there is systemic racism in this country.  He went on to say that we were racist in the 1960’s and before but not anymore.  It’s kind of amazing and their viewers will eat it up. 

9 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

He went on to say that we were racist in the 1960’s and before but not anymore.  It’s kind of amazing and their viewers will eat it up. 

So he was saying the parents of Fox News viewers were racists, but they are dead, so there's no more racism anymore.

Those parents being The Greatest Generation.

Shame those FNC viewers don't understand what he was saying.

52 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You gotta love Fox News “spin” on the Chauvin verdict.  They are saying this has nothing to do with race and they have Brit Hume on there going on about how we are the least racist country in the world and its offensive for Biden to have said there is systemic racism in this country.  He went on to say that we were racist in the 1960’s and before but not anymore.  It’s kind of amazing and their viewers will eat it up. 

Just saw some of Tucker's opening.  I'm not lying when I say I feel like I would literally strangle him if he said any of that shit to my face.  And I'm not even a black person who should be that offended.  It's high time we go after these type of MF's. He literally made a plea to release the capital rioters but ZERO about Floyd's death/justice. 

If something terrible happens to that guy I'll throw a party.  Complete piece of fucking shit.  How anyone can watch that and nod along, I'll never know.  Also the DT thread had nobody willing to espouse those views...but you know a lot of MF's have these exact thoughts.  I almost feel worse than I did before the god damn verdict was read. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This right here is the Fox spin.  Floyds murder wasn’t about race.  Yet they don’t say anything else about it like the cop was a piece of shit that murdered someone on film and deserves to be in prison for the rest of his life.  They seem to leave that part out.  You would think they would be harping on the reasons we need police reform because this wasn’t about race but the police appear to be out of control and could do this to anyone no matter what their skin color is, but no, nothing about that.  They are saying the other news media is making this about race, the Dems are making this about race.  Its just blame a bunch of people but don’t address the issue.  F em.  

• Hook 'Em 1

"No mob has the right to destroy our cities.  Not under any circumstances.  Not for any reason."

-Tucker Carlson

Uh, isn't Washington, D.C. still considered a city?  Or was he being clever, "Mobs can't destroy our cities...but our Federal Districts, Protectorates, and the Northern Mariana Islands are fair game." 

Edited by Lobo

On 4/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Shocked. Shocked I tell you...seven minute video, quite good.

"What they have created is a market for crazy."

I was watching  Stelter’s show Sunday when he played his interview with Turnbull who really put it where the goats could get it. Mind you, as a member of the Australia’s Liberal Party, he is in league with conservatives.

So I tried to watch a little Fox News to see how they were covering the Chauvin conviction.  I made it through two minutes of Laura Ingraham talking about how Biden and Harris lied to the nation in their address today because we're not really a racist nation and systemic racism isn't a thing.  

I'm sure she has black friends, though.

I will continue to say that as long as Fox News exists and about 40% of the country believes it, we're still completely fucked.

• Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So I tried to watch a little Fox News to see how they were covering the Chauvin conviction.  I made it through two minutes of Laura Ingraham talking about how Biden and Harris lied to the nation in their address today because we're not really a racist nation and systemic racism isn't a thing.  

I'm sure she has black friends, though.

I will continue to say that as long as Fox News exists and about 40% of the country believes it, we're still completely fucked.

They are great with writing out the talking point and then making sure every anchor and host say it over and over again day after day.  Today’s talking point is act like a snowflake and be offended that anybody has the nerve to say this country is racist.  You will hear them say this over an over again for the next few days/weeks if they feel it is resonating.  If not, they will come up with something else.  Earlier tonight Josh Hawley was on railing against the big corporations and how they take jobs away from Americans and send them overseas and they are getting involved in politics like the GA Election laws.  I find this interesting when these are the same POS that just gave the big corporations the huge tax break.  Let’s see how biting the hand that feeds them works out.   The Pillow Guy can’t fund the Republican Party forever.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

He’s just grifting on the olds who are dying out anyway. 

But the thing is; Fox has had the market on olds for over 20 years.  They keep being replaced by more loathsome people.

Today's olds weren't old when they started watching Fox towards the end of the Clinton administration.  And Fox has plenty of people in their 40's-50's watching as well.

Shit, just typing all that out was depressing.

• Hook 'Em 1

But the thing is; Fox has had the market on olds for over 20 years.  They keep being replaced by more loathsome people.
Today's olds weren't old when they started watching Fox towards the end of the Clinton administration.  And Fox has plenty of people in their 40's-50's watching as well.
Shit, just typing all that out was depressing.
That's no shit. I have been in plenty of resturants, hotels, and bars that had Fox News on in the background. Sure in small towns, The Woodlands, Fredericksburg, but also Austin and San Antonio. For a big % of the country its just news.

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Just saw some of Tucker's opening.  I'm not lying when I say I feel like I would literally strangle him if he said any of that shit to my face.  And I'm not even a black person who should be that offended.  It's high time we go after these type of MF's. He literally made a plea to release the capital rioters but ZERO about Floyd's death/justice. 

If something terrible happens to that guy I'll throw a party.  Complete piece of fucking shit.  How anyone can watch that and nod along, I'll never know.  Also the DT thread had nobody willing to espouse those views...but you know a lot of MF's have these exact thoughts.  I almost feel worse than I did before the god damn verdict was read. 

If I were to ever kill someone, it would definitely be Tucker Carlson. He better hope I don't snap and go postal.