Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Does anyone know where to get these cheeseburger rollers they have at QT and 7-11? With the proper fixins they ain't half bad. I want to get some to put in the freezer for midnight munchies.

1384392919768.jpg

to answer your question I have no idea.  but I crushed thousands of cheeburga big bites in hike school

Does anyone know where to get these cheeseburger rollers they have at QT and 7-11? With the proper fixins they ain't half bad. I want to get some to put in the freezer for midnight munchies.
1384392919768.jpg

I’ve hammered a lot of QT hot dogs to combat hangovers in my day. I’m not over them switching fancy mustards, though. Long live bistro mustard.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

1384392919768.jpg

Looks like something I stomped down the shower drain this morning. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RPM said:

1384392919768.jpg

Needs Cheetos.

• 1 month later...

I liked the microwavable cheeseburgers you used to get in the early 80's.  Every few years or so I'll see one and give it a try.  Few replicate the old ones, but I still like them.

283861-kroger-2.jpg

Edited by Loco
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Loco said:

I liked the microwavable cheeseburgers you used to get in the early 80's.  Every few years or so I'll see one and give it a try.  Few replicate the old ones, but I still like them.

283861-kroger-2.jpg

Man....I f'n loved those.  It was the early days of Sam's Club and microwave convenience.  My mom would by a case of those, and a case of the Minh egg rolls.  I'd nuke a couple of my choice after school for a snack....every damned day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Bumping this, because......while Mr. Gattis is subpar......Mr. Gattis pepperoni rolls are superior to Double Daves.  They are less dough-y, and the dough is seasoned with garlic and such.

Fight me.

I do the buffet about once a year for the nostalgia. Why have I never heard of these?

On 5/21/2019 at 5:53 PM, Landomatic said:

Fair enough.  I thought you were saying there’s no meat in it.  You are spot on with all of the above.

Do you live in Houston or Dallas?  Both have great Italian grocery stores (well I know Dallas does - pretty sure Houston does too) where you can pick up some guanciale.

Pretty sure Central Market has guanciale -- at least the newest one on Midway does.

36 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I do the buffet about once a year for the nostalgia. Why have I never heard of these?

Ditto.  I’ve never heard of or encountered a pepperoni roll at a Gatti’s.  That being said, there is no fucking way this mythical pepperoni roll is better than a DD roll.

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man....I f'n loved those.  It was the early days of Sam's Club and microwave convenience.  My mom would by a case of those, and a case of the Minh egg rolls.  I'd nuke a couple of my choice after school for a snack....every damned day.

Every bit of this.

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Every bit of this.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Ditto.  I’ve never heard of or encountered a pepperoni roll at a Gatti’s.  That being said, there is no fucking way this mythical pepperoni roll is better than a DD roll.

I preferred Gumby's pepperoni rolls, but that may be because they delivered them late at night and I was drunk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

DD pepperoni rolls are one of the most overrated food items I've ever had. It sounds great and looks great, but the taste doesn't match.

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

All I know is that they served a pan full of them at the buffet at the Anderson lane store today (I had an errand in the area, went for a plate of nostalgia).  Ain't no myth about it,

source.gif

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

along those same lines the microwave sausage biscuit was a staple of my childhood.  helped me grow up big and strong. 

1898b211-ce03-4077-b2da-ac67e17f3008_1.6

• Like 4

For breakfast, I prefer McDonald's to Whataburger. Sausage McGriddle and hash browns, perfect every time. Whataburger, on the other hand, fucks up the biscuit a good 50% of the time.

They may be the kings of the fast food burgers, but I do not like their breakfast.

I am willing to stipulate, of course, the possibility that it's just because aggy can fuck up anything, including Whataburger. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 4:56 PM, Brisketexan said:

All I know is that they served a pan full of them at the buffet at the Anderson lane store today (I had an errand in the area, went for a plate of nostalgia).  Ain't no myth about it,

source.gif

You used to not give a FUCK about discretion!

19 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

For breakfast, I prefer McDonald's to Whataburger. Sausage McGriddle and hash browns, perfect every time. Whataburger, on the other hand, fucks up the biscuit a good 50% of the time.

They may be the kings of the fast food burgers, but I do not like their breakfast.

I am willing to stipulate, of course, the possibility that it's just because aggy can fuck up anything, including Whataburger. 

McDonald's biscuits have turned into such a letdown ever since they went to all day breakfast. They used to be so good, and now they're just chewy balls of disappointment.

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong. The Jalapeño cheddar biscuit with sausage egg and cheese says “hello”. I think you warped your goddamn brain living in college station all those years.

At the right location, with the right sandwich maker, for the price, Subway isn't half bad.

It isn’t half good either. I can’t even stand the smell of this place anymore. And I have to pass 2 locations in the tunnels on the way to my favorite Lebanese restaurant.

10 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Wrong. The Jalapeño cheddar biscuit with sausage egg and cheese says “hello”. I think you warped your goddamn brain living in college station all those years.

It isn’t half good either. I can’t even stand the smell of this place anymore. And I have to pass 2 locations in the tunnels on the way to my favorite Lebanese restaurant.

He’s not wrong. It’s 60/40 my jalapeño cheddar biscuit has the consistency of a hockey puck. So disappointing. 

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

That has never, ever been my experience. Once or twice I wish the biscuit had more jalapeños.

Same here.  Not one hockey-puck-like one, ever.

Although I ALWAYS wish the biscuit had more jalapenos, but that's more a "me" thing than a "them" thing.