Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Funny, that's not how I read that line at all. While Moore could be an attrition candidate for obvious reasons, as well as Woodard after hearing repeatedly that he just might not ever play at Texas, that makes sense.

But considering IT was the first to bang the drum about JSN, I read those comments as basically, we're taking 3, and it will be 4 if we can flip him. That's what I read into those comments. Particularly after they stressed how they were happy other sites were throwing cold water on the JSN info. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 7

Interesting subtext in this paragraph as well.

LV Bunkley-Shelton, Junipero Serra (Gardena, CA): Fittingly, LV-BS fits in the Josh Moore mold. Moore fit pretty well into the Reggie Hemphill-Mapps mold. So we have similar skill-sets, hyphens galore, and maybe a curse or two. Bunkley-Shelton is a vertical H or Z who would be an unfair match-up on bigger defensive personnel. Since visiting he's said all the right things and he's clearly done his homework on the school. There's a thing or two we're watching behind the scenes on this one. 65%

I have it on good authority that Demas wants to see how this season unfolds and is far from fully committed to aggy. According to this source, Demas feels a sense of regret for shutting things down so early and is giving serious thought to the idea of playing in Austin. 
Apparently the idea of playing in the Big 12 and for a more current NFL style of play is peaking his interest. This unnamed source suggests that Demas only committed to aggy as a placeholder and with the promise that he would get to fuck Candi every third Tuesday.

This post is untruthful. It was Wednesday’s.

1 minute ago, squeegeedegg said:

LV Bunkley-Shelton, Junipero Serra (Gardena, CA): Fittingly, LV-BS fits in the Josh Moore mold. Moore fit pretty well into the Reggie Hemphill-Mapps mold. So we have similar skill-sets, hyphens galore, and maybe a curse or two. Bunkley-Shelton is a vertical H or Z who would be an unfair match-up on bigger defensive personnel. Since visiting he's said all the right things and he's clearly done his homework on the school. There's a thing or two we're watching behind the scenes on this one. 65%

Believe its been said hes a grades risk

Just now, RGBIII said:

Believe its been said hes a grades risk

I meant the Josh Moore and Hemphill Mapps comparison.  Both one and done?  LVBS is far and away a different player and clearly a superior talent (to my eyes, yeah opinions and what not) to either of those guys.  He's worth pursuing regardless of grades risk.  I was more intrigued by the first part of the paragraph anyway.

3 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

The behind the scenes thing they are watching is grades. However, I would assume that once his grades are in order, all the vultures will come swooping in.

5 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

I meant the Josh Moore and Hemphill Mapps comparison.  Both one and done?  LVBS is far and away a different player and clearly a superior talent (to my eyes, yeah opinions and what not) to either of those guys.  He's worth pursuing regardless of grades risk.  I was more intrigued by the first part of the paragraph anyway.

I wouldn't shit all over Josh Moore's talent. The guy had some great plays last year in limited action, and he killed it in practice and now is a year down the road in the S&C program. Dudes a stud, losing him would be a loss. 

Woodard was a stud in HS, but it looks like he's not going to be able to beat out the guys around him. That is NOT the case with Moore. 

• Like 3

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I wouldn't shit all over Josh Moore's talent. The guy had some great plays last year in limited action, and he killed it in practice and now is a year down the road in the S&C program. Dudes a stud, losing him would be a loss. 

Woodard was a stud in HS, but it looks like he's not going to be able to beat out the guys around him. That is NOT the case with Moore. 

Don't get me wrong.  Not shitting on Moore, I see his talent .  Regardless, his future is up in the air until someone with authority says it isn't.

Talent wise, I see LVBS as a very possible 5 star.  JSN also offers versatility that Moore doesn't

Woodard is a different story.  Feel bad for him, the competition is truly loaded

Attrition at loaded positions is bound to happen. We happen to be loaded at WR and DB so nothing would surprise me there. 

I’m surprised Don Duvernay hasn’t transferred yet, I heard he was looking at a couple in state schools. Maybe he’s waiting to get his degree first. 

1 hour ago, Get ln My Van said:

I have it on good authority that Demas wants to see how this season unfolds and is far from fully committed to aggy. According to this source, Demas feels a sense of regret for shutting things down so early and is giving serious thought to the idea of playing in Austin. 

Apparently the idea of playing in the Big 12 and for a more current NFL style of play is peaking his interest. This unnamed source suggests that Demas only committed to aggy as a placeholder and with the promise that he would get to fuck Candi every third Tuesday.

Didn’t Demas also set the volleyball for the Princely spike???

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Four WRs seems unnecessary to me in this class, but I'm also not a big fan of Hester

IT seems to be higher on Hester than some other places. I have a hard time seeing the staff taking Hester’s commitment until they determine if JSN is flippable. I see no reason why they couldn’t slow play Hester until they figure out the JSN situation.  It’s not like Hester has other top schools knocking down his door. 

1 hour ago, Get ln My Van said:

I can tell this is a real update and not a fake one because piqued is misspelled and obviously no self-respecting Surly native would do that 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

or '21 kids.

Jonah Miller is an OT (#29 OT) at Bijan's high school, so I would imagine we have a good inroad there, but I doubt we would push for/accept a commitment from him this early. That's the only '21 AZ offer, so would assume he's talking about Bijan or hinting at Ransom/Ringo, but have no idea ($9.95).

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Funny, that's not how I read that line at all. While Moore could be an attrition candidate for obvious reasons, as well as Woodard after hearing repeatedly that he just might not ever play at Texas, that makes sense.

But considering IT was the first to bang the drum about JSN, I read those comments as basically, we're taking 3, and it will be 4 if we can flip him. That's what I read into those comments. Particularly after they stressed how they were happy other sites were throwing cold water on the JSN info. 

Woodard has been hurt back to back years as well which hasn't helped--correct? 

14 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Woodard has been hurt back to back years as well which hasn't helped--correct? 

Yes Woodard injured at least twice.... 

Last December sprained shoulder or collarbone??  -- and Jones fracture to left foot this summer

Edited by LTtxfan