Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Feel like it's gotta be Chang. Semi-negative in that he is a cog in the machine that BC gets a lot of credit for, and not fully negative because it's not BC himself. It'd give us more room to hold onto BC longer term too because we'd be able to continue increasing his title/role/pay without much need for creativity.

5 minutes ago, ajfranz95 said:

Still meh. I'm aware of the hell that will be brought should I be wrong. 

I know you said it's not a position coach, but I'm still clinging to hope that you're discretely referencing Mehringer. Mostly because his haircut makes me angry.

Feel like it's gotta be Chang. Semi-negative in that he is a cog in the machine that BC gets a lot of credit for, and not fully negative because it's not BC himself. It'd give us more room to hold onto BC longer term too because we'd be able to continue increasing his title/role/pay without much need for creativity.
That was my first thought.

Just now, 303longhorn said:

His username here is the exact same as his instagram/247/utexas email/etc... It's clear he wasn't aiming for anonymity, or I would have used some discretion. 

naw, fuck that.

lots of us googled the username and found the guy. only you thought it was prudent to out him.

don't be shitty, outing who people on the internet is shitty 100% of the time. no matter how hard or easy it was to find who he is.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gordogg24p said:

Yeah that pasted post didn't sound like it would be Samples.

Just now, DaysOff said:
2 minutes ago, gordogg24p said:

That was my first thought.

Could be but he, Tory or BC would be a bigger than a semi loss. Chang has been with Coach since his days in Ohio, it would be one hell of an opportunity to get him to leave.

14 minutes ago, ajfranz95 said:

QUICKLY

Apropos of nothing written above (Broughton or Rogers) there's going to be an interesting development headed your way. It's not positive but it won't be as negative as the Person As make it out to be. We'll add color when we can. For now set it aside and take in VB Day.

Animal, vegetable, or mineral?

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

ION - do we think VB is savvy enough to be waiting until the coaches pressers are done at b12 md to own the twittersphere? I read between 12-1 upthread but that has come and gone.

Seen on spurstalk from TFLoss that OB is saying around 3 since VB has summer classes.

29 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Well I wish Casey Horney the best of luck as OC at Mt. Vernon. 

Gotta say, I'm a little bit surprised.  I really thought he was going to intern in Sparty's athletic training department. 

6 minutes ago, gordogg24p said:

tumblr_m1s7on92rM1r4tbvwo1_250.gif

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NoName said:

naw, fuck that.

lots of us googled the username and found the guy. only you thought it was prudent to out him.

don't be shitty, outing who people on the internet is shitty 100% of the time. no matter how hard or easy it was to find who he is.

(FYI, not that hard to back track into who you are either...but don't see me outing you here, do you?)

Edited by NoName

24 minutes ago, ajfranz95 said:

QUICKLY

Apropos of nothing written above (Broughton or Rogers) there's going to be an interesting development headed your way. It's not positive but it won't be as negative as the Person As make it out to be. We'll add color when we can. For now set it aside and take in VB Day.

VB day?  Very best!

Anyway, while we're waiting, a couple things:

Carrington started following Dominic Richardson and Jacobe Covington (Ringo's teammate, also a cornerback) on Twitter.

IT has floated this name as potential RB we're interested in, as we descend into plan Bs and plan Cs at the position: https://247sports.com/Player/Ikaika-Ragsdale-46046830/

Just now, 303longhorn said:

Not hiding it. Austin Vojta, look me up! Sincerely sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but again, sharing info from pg 1 off Google seems hardly a foul worth getting upset over.

you missed the point entirely.

it isn't that you can't find it - or that it was hard or easy to find. doesn't matter if it was page 1 or 100 on google. 

outing who people on the internet is shitty. full stop. it is one thing if his name is "Mack.Brown" or "MackBrown82751" and he signs all of his posts "- Mack Brown"

don't post people's info on the internet, period. come on. this isn't a tough concept to understand.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Carrington started following Dominic Richardson and Jacobe Covington (Ringo's teammate, also a cornerback) on Twitter.

I'd be all for poaching Richardson from TCU. I think he's gonna be good. 

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT has floated this name as potential RB we're interested in, as we descend into plan Bs and plan Cs at the position: https://247sports.com/Player/Ikaika-Ragsdale-46046830/

Definite all-name team potential. A Bishop Gorman kid with that meh of an offer list is usually not a great sign, though. It's definitely backup offer season at RB for the staff right now.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Anyway, while we're waiting, a couple things:

giphy.gif