Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

11 hours ago, BearSchlong said:
13 hours ago, Armybrat said:
My brother built a house there in 1971 - he just sold it earlier this year. Hope you weren't banging my niece.

Is she named Jill? If so, it was her friend that I banged.

No, but I'll ask if she had a friend named Jill.

lulz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luke duke said:

Just because the meat was thawed, doesn’t mean that it was bad.

always thinking..looks like you coulda had steaks for lunch and ribs for dinner. but its been open since sunday afternoon...50+ hrs in a probably 80+degree garage? wouldnt touch

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

There is 100% probability that if my wife is cooking anything the smoke alarm will go off.

FIFM

Can't get her to understand:

1.) you probaly shouldn't use all the burners at once

2.) if you do attempt multiple burners, there will be a much larger margin for error if they are not all set on High.

23 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

There is a 100% probability that if my wife is boiling anything it will spill over onto the stovetop.

Why might you ask?

Because Facetron

Pro Tip: Put a wooden spoon on the top of the pot. Stops that overflow from happening.

3 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

True, however you must be unclear on the title of this thread.  I've suggested many remedies and very few have been received.  

Yeah, my bad. Just maybe when you see her starting to boil something, slide a spoon on top to prevent a mess. Or goose her with it, just whichever. 

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

GO out to water the front yard this morning.  Come back in and smell something funny, yet frighteningly familiar.  Head to kitchen.  Shake head. Head to bedroom to tell wife who's brushing her teeth, "You left the damn gas on the stove on overnight.  Thank God we're not dead. Yet."  

Had exact same thing happen.

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

GO out to water the front yard this morning.  Come back in and smell something funny, yet frighteningly familiar.  Head to kitchen.  Shake head. Head to bedroom to tell wife who's brushing her teeth, "You left the damn gas on the stove on overnight.  Thank God we're not dead. Yet."  

jesus christ.

5 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

There is a 100% probability that if my wife is boiling anything it will spill over onto the stovetop.

Why might you ask?

Because Facetron

Same.

My wife is so inattentive to the pots she starts boiling on the stove, that when the smoke detector goes off and the kids say "Mommy's cooking!"

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I told my wife that the light switch in the garage was multi-functional, that it could turn the light both on *AND* off.

She told me that I was an asshole.

I should have linked the timer switches on prime day.  Those were my solution.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SNU8EUM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Couldn’t get the DVD player to work and was trying different HDMI ports. The wife kept shouting out for me to try port HDM12 or HDM13. I could not figure out what the hell she was referring to, until I realized she was mixing up I for a 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was out of town last weekend and my wife invited her sister's family over to swim in the pool.  We've only been in the house a little while and my wife doesn't know anything about the pool controls.  This was the first time she used the pool without me there.  She wanted to run the hot tub, so she calls me.  It was a too-long and very frustrating conversation that ended with me screaming at her and asking to talk to my brother in law so he could do the controls, but at one point I asked her if the fountains were running.  The reason I asked her this was to verify that she had moved the valves in the right way so that all of the suction and all of the return was flowing through the heater and the hot tub like it was supposed to. We have these two little water features that are just jets that spew little fountains of water up a foot or so.  If the fountains were going that meant she did not have the valves set right.  She kept answering me talking about the bubbles in the hot tub (which I also had to explain to her how to operate).  I was telling her, "The fountains!  The two little jets of water on the step platform!"  Silence.  "Where we set the baby's seat!" Silence.  "The fountains!" Silence. She still had no fucking idea what I was talking about.  "Jesus!  Let me talk to *brother-in-law*!!"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I was out of town last weekend and my wife invited her sister's family over to swim in the pool.  We've only been in the house a little while and my wife doesn't know anything about the pool controls.  This was the first time she used the pool without me there.  She wanted to run the hot tub, so she calls me.  It was a too-long and very frustrating conversation that ended with me screaming at her and asking to talk to my brother in law so he could do the controls, but at one point I asked her if the fountains were running.  The reason I asked her this was to verify that she had moved the valves in the right way so that all of the suction and all of the return was flowing through the heater and the hot tub like it was supposed to. We have these two little water features that are just jets that spew little fountains of water up a foot or so.  If the fountains were going that meant she did not have the valves set right.  She kept answering me talking about the bubbles in the hot tub (which I also had to explain to her how to operate).  I was telling her, "The fountains!  The two little jets of water on the step platform!"  Silence.  "Where we set the baby's seat!" Silence.  "The fountains!" Silence. She still had no fucking idea what I was talking about.  "Jesus!  Let me talk to *brother-in-law*!!"

That's what mobile app controllers are for.  Some guy got tired of his wife calling him while he wasn't home and said FUCK THIS, and created it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mine ordered some "line caught king salmon" from Washington. Been hearing about how excited she was about it for a few days. A big fedex box showed up this morning containing six 6oz frozen filets packed on dry ice. Total cost $99. All I could say was, "I wonder if we're going to think this $50 a pound salmon is worth it after we eat it." ffs

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Mine ordered some "line caught king salmon" from Washington. Been hearing about how excited she was about it for a few days. A big fedex box showed up this morning containing six 6oz frozen filets packed on dry ice. Total cost $99. All I could say was, "I wonder if we're going to think this $50 a pound salmon is worth it after we eat it." ffs

Vital choice?

On 7/18/2018 at 7:28 PM, ernest_t_bass said:

Ordered pizza for supper.

W - I like it when they cut it in squares.  You get more pizza.

Yep.  My wife does the same thing. 

Me: You want a small or medium gluten-free, cage-free, free-roaming, no antibiotic, hand-crafted, cheese pizza for yourself?

Atom splitter:  How many slices come on the medium?

Me: (confer with TTech grad taking order) Uh, they're saying 8, babe.

Atom splitter:  Ooh, that's too many.  I'll take a small. 

• Like 3

When you’re traveling ...and you’re in Palestine, TX, ... and you’ve already shown her the joys of the Best Western... and your wife says, “Let’s just take it easy tonight.  Maybe tomorrow, we’ll go out.”

A) you want more?

B) you wanted it harder?

C) your boyfriend in Palestine isn’t home, huh?

D) show me a place that’s actually open tomorrow...and that’s where we’ll eat. 

On 7/20/2018 at 1:27 PM, Chopper said:

I dare you to grind it up and make salmon croquettes.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, After irth said:

When you’re traveling ...and you’re in Palestine, TX, ... and you’ve already shown her the joys of the Best Western... and your wife says, “Let’s just take it easy tonight.  Maybe tomorrow, we’ll go out.”

A) you want more?

B) you wanted it harder?

C) your boyfriend in Palestine isn’t home, huh?

D) show me a place that’s actually open tomorrow...and that’s where we’ll eat. 

giphy.gif

On 7/20/2018 at 4:23 PM, deadshank said:

Yep.  My wife does the same thing. 

Me: You want a small or medium gluten-free, cage-free, free-roaming, no antibiotic, hand-crafted, cheese pizza for yourself?

Atom splitter:  How many slices come on the medium?

Me: (confer with TTech grad taking order) Uh, they're saying 8, babe.

Atom splitter:  Ooh, that's too many.  I'll take a small. 

Proud to have bilked you UT geniuses out of your cash, sir.

44 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Yesterday my wife saved HUNDREDS of dollars while shopping at JC Penney.  She showed me the receipt and everything.  HUNDREDS.  I'm thinking of buying a boat, maybe 2 

That's the $ she's going to spend on tax-free day.

Edited by Nolacycling

On 7/19/2018 at 10:32 PM, uoftorange said:

That's what mobile app controllers are for.  Some guy got tired of his wife calling him while he wasn't home and said FUCK THIS, and created it

Hell, my next pool in my next house is going to be tricked out with all of the automatic controllers. I hate fucking with those valves myself, much less trying to tell my wife how to do it. 

On 7/20/2018 at 7:27 PM, Chopper said:

$44 / lb for us OCD detail freaks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, miguelito said:

Yesterday my wife saved HUNDREDS of dollars while shopping at JC Penney.  She showed me the receipt and everything.  HUNDREDS.  I'm thinking of buying a boat, maybe 2 boats.

Like clockwork man.  Like clockwork.  She always comes home with a bunch of stuff, starting the conversation with, "I saved....".  Last week she came home with this because it was on sale.  I said that'd be great if our boys were 3 years old; they're 6 and 11.  Her counter was that the 6 year-old needed core exercise.  I told her crunches were free.  Tone.

See the source image

• Like 3
  • Haha 1