Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

10 hours ago, justhookit said:

There’s a lot to unravel here. Age of kids? How often do you take the trash out? Pics of wife? Maybe you should take the trash out more often. Maybe she’s hot.

Kids are 7 and under, but one is Autistic and still in diapers.  Makes for a lot of trash daily, so we average about one bag of trash a day.  Trash goes out often as a result.  Wife is from Ohio, that's all I'll say, so I'll spare you the pics.

On August 8, 2019 at 2:44 PM, ulukinatme said:

I've owned 4 cell phones over the last 20 years, all of them still operational and in good condition when they were shut off.  My wife goes through one or more cell phones a year, usually breaking them or some feature magically fails on the device like the mic stops working.  Last night she decided to lose her phone while shopping in Wal-Mart late at night for school supplies.  She comes home defeated after spending about half an hour walking around with a manager while she's calling my wife's number trying to find it. 

She wants to take my phone back to the store to try and continue the search, to which I say "Hell no" because I need my phone for work and can't have her losing or destroying mine too (Wised up and started getting protective cases for her phones, but I don't use one).  I decide to go back and search the Back to School aisles myself.  It's midnight, and I've got mud and drywall dust on me as I was patching holes in the walls before bed, but fuck it...gonna find that phone if it hasn't been stolen.  I spend close to an hour in the store between asking employees if they've seen the phone and searching aisles.  Makes it really tough to hear a ringer because the floor waxer is in operation for quite awhile.  I eventually give up because I need the sleep, so I offer the manager a $50 reward if anyone finds it because at this point I'm probably just going to buy a $100 used phone for her on Ebay.  She's only had this phone for 3 months and I'm not buying her a new one.  I finally get to sleep about 2am when all is said and done.

Fast forward 4 hours later and I get a call from the manager, they found the phone on a folding table in women's clothes.  "Oh yeah, I was looking at tank tops after I looked at the school supplies," my wife says.  She offers to drive down and get the phone, but I decide to be nice and do it myself.  Get back to the store and pickup the phone, manager refuses to take the $50 reward after several attempts because of company policy.  I promise to leave a good word for her GM in the morning.  I get back home and get another hour of sleep before I have to be up for work.  Wife wakes up later to take care of the kids, not even a fucking thank you for going to get her phone.

Pics of manager?

We close on our house at 9:00 am, Monday, August 12th, Year of Our Lord 2019.

This timeframe is pretty thoroughly etched on our family's collective consciousness for a wide variety of reasons.

Now, to understand the kinds of last minute details that are unique to our particular circumstances, you have to remember that we are not just hippies, we are also minimalists. 

My wife, in fact, is a professional minimalist. She's been getting paid to do the Marie Kondo thing since even before Kondo published her first book. People give her gobs of cash to teach them how to organize their lives.

Meanwhile, we are moving to a tiny home. 364 square feet. We just do not have a lot of stuff. Everything we own will fit in a 4' x 8' U-Haul, which conveniently enough, is the largest trailer our Rav4 can pull.

Enter the reason this story is in this thread: College Station being the shithole it is, installation of the correct trailer hitch for our car dragged on until finally, I got fed up waiting on the U-Haul guys, bought the equipment, and since I was working on Saturday, asked my wife to take it to our regular mechanic to install.

She got it there early Saturday morning, assured me it would be done before I got off work, and went about her day.

Her day included taking our daughter to the Tarantino flick in the middle of the afternoon. It's a three hour flick. The mechanic shop closes at 4:00 pm.

Yeah, fortunately, they open at 7:00 tomorrow. I rented a truck for the night to get our stuff out of the house, and we'll swap out into the trailer bright and early. Hell, we might even make it to our closing on time.

But somebody's gonna have to bribe me to keep me from blabbing to her clients, that's for damn sure.

I hate when my otherwise reasonable wife makes this thread...

I have reported on this topic before for the exact same situation. 

Her:  “i think it’s time for a new pillow.”  

Me:  “There’s one in your closet.”

Her:  “Where?”

Me:  “Look up.”

Her:  “How long has that been there?”

Me:  “Does it matter?  You say you need a new pillow, it is there. Knock yourself out. 

Her:  “Well, I don’t always look up.”

<a few weeks go by>

Her:  “I think it’s time for a new pillow.”  

I look up. Still there. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

She likes to re-arrange the plants in the back yard.  She'll dig one up, put it in a planter and then......just leave it to die for some odd reason.  When I expel a decent amount of energy doing something, I'm sure as hell not gonna stop there, I'll see it thru til the end.  Nope, not her.  Dead plants in dead pots, one right after another.  Away to the compost pile once again.

Not this time.  Window over sink in kitchen faces into back yard.  I hung the plant from a hook in the covered patio, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THAT WINDOW.  She looks out that window into her beautifully manicured back yard daily.

There's no possible way she will not remember to water it right?

38 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

She likes to re-arrange the plants in the back yard.  She'll dig one up, put it in a planter and then......just leave it to die for some odd reason.  When I expel a decent amount of energy doing something, I'm sure as hell not gonna stop there, I'll see it thru til the end.  Nope, not her.  Dead plants in dead pots, one right after another.  Away to the compost pile once again.

Not this time.  Window over sink in kitchen faces into back yard.  I hung the plant from a hook in the covered patio, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THAT WINDOW.  She looks out that window into her beautifully manicured back yard daily.

There's no possible way she will not remember to water it right?

Needs a copy editor. 

Wife (looking at a Bob Melvin Manager of the Year commemorative pin): That’s not very impressive.

Me: Why do you say that?

Wife: A team only has one manager. 

Me: There’s more than one team. 

Wife (light turning on): Don’t say anything 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, After irth said:

Me:  “Does it matter?  You say you need a new pillow, it is there. Knock yourself out. 

<a few weeks go by>

I look up. Still there. 

if she already had it then it is not new, whether it has been used or not. lord knows there are tons of fucking clothes and shoes in the closet with tags on them that have already been replaced by something else of indeterminable difference from the shit that is already there.  but the shit with tags on it still cannot be considered new any more if they have been there for a month or more    

Edited by Dennis Taylor

15 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This timeframe is pretty thoroughly etched on our family's collective consciousness for a wide variety of reasons.

Now, to understand the kinds of last minute details that are unique to our particular circumstances, you have to remember that we are not just hippies, we are also minimalists. 

My wife, in fact, is a professional minimalist. She's been getting paid to do the Marie Kondo thing since even before Kondo published her first book. People give her gobs of cash to teach them how to organize their lives.

Meanwhile, we are moving to a tiny home. 364 square feet. We just do not have a lot of stuff. Everything we own will fit in a 4' x 8' U-Haul, which conveniently enough, is the largest trailer our Rav4 can pull.

Enter the reason this story is in this thread: College Station being the shithole it is, installation of the correct trailer hitch for our car dragged on until finally, I got fed up waiting on the U-Haul guys, bought the equipment, and since I was working on Saturday, asked my wife to take it to our regular mechanic to install.

She got it there early Saturday morning, assured me it would be done before I got off work, and went about her day.

Her day included taking our daughter to the Tarantino flick in the middle of the afternoon. It's a three hour flick. The mechanic shop closes at 4:00 pm.

Yeah, fortunately, they open at 7:00 tomorrow. I rented a truck for the night to get our stuff out of the house, and we'll swap out into the trailer bright and early. Hell, we might even make it to our closing on time.

But somebody's gonna have to bribe me to keep me from blabbing to her clients, that's for damn sure.

to be fair, closing at 4:00 pm is bull shit.

7 minutes ago, AM Wood said:

to be fair, closing at 4:00 pm is bull shit.

364 square feet is the bullshit part. I’m one of those people that actually like my wife, but confine us to the size of our living room going forward and that would likely change quickly.

2 hours ago, Brew said:

364 square feet is the bullshit part. I’m one of those people that actually like my wife, but confine us to the size of our living room going forward and that would likely change quickly.

I'd be ok with it if we were having sex constantly but this is a wife we're talking about, so.....

• Haha 1

I look up. Still there. 

Mine bought $75 worth of pillows last week. And I can’t sleep on any of them. Too damn soft.

22 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Have you posted about the tiny house in the Hobbies thread? I enjoy reading about those. I've been following the fellow that is building a schoolbus into a home. Also, the UHaul on Texas across from Walmart does not have the best service, so yeah, the mechanic was your best shot anyway.

Crimsonlonghorn-the only option you have now to rectify the tax situation is obvious: you have to burn down the barn.

Okay, maybe burning down the barn isn't a good plan, but anyone who has ever watched a World War II movie knows you have to hide the living quarters behind a sham wall.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
grammar fail

This shit pisses me off.

Dishwasher is leaking. Of course wife blames the builder, which she helped choose but it was a distant friend. Yea, may be a plumber issue but it was built 5 years ago.

She is pissed because I told her to call a plumber, she says "you never do these things!!!"

I work 30 miles away, she works from home but doesnt understand that if I call a plumber, I have to call her for a good time for him to come, then call him back to say okay or counter offer another time and go through these phone call gymnastics again.

Rage rage rage

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, markstanco said:

This shit pisses me off.

Dishwasher is leaking. Of course wife blames the builder, which she helped choose but it was a distant friend. Yea, may be a plumber issue but it was built 5 years ago.

She is pissed because I told her to call a plumber, she says "you never do these things!!!"

I work 30 miles away, she works from home but doesnt understand that if I call a plumber, I have to call her for a good time for him to come, then call him back to say okay or counter offer another time and go through these phone call gymnastics again.

Rage rage rage

You're not wrong and I'm with you, but the other option is that you call the guy, schedule a time, then take off work to meet him at that time to make sure he doesn't fuck your wife.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, markstanco said:

This shit pisses me off.

Rage rage rage

JFC, I hate this.  My wife works from home.  Constantly doing shit with the animals, getting on FB, busy not doing laundry, etc.  She can pick up the phone and make a phone call during about 95% of her day, while I can do it maybe 10%.  "WHY CAN'T YOU CALL!!??"  is what I get.  FTS.

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

This shit pisses me off.

Rage rage rage

If it's so inconvenient for her, tell her she can wash the dishes herself for the next week or two while you put it on your to-do list.  Bet she'll get motivated to let that plumber "come" then...

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Spent a few days before school starts at JW Marriott in SA. 

Boy coughed a few times during the night.

"You need to google secondary drowning."

source.gif

Beware, it's probably that new strain of cancerized ebola AIDS.  Those JWs are toxic death traps.  Shoulda sprung for a better hotel.

2 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

JFC, I hate this.  My wife works from home.  Constantly doing shit with the animals, getting on FB, busy not doing laundry, etc.  She can pick up the phone and make a phone call during about 95% of her day, while I can do it maybe 10%.  "WHY CAN'T YOU CALL!!??"  is what I get.  FTS.

I am honestly surprised you are still married.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Brew said:

Shit, I had to leave a 500 sqft place I shared with a dog because it was too crowded.

Good luck not murdering each other.

Finally convinced the lady to watch Game of Thrones. We both thought it was dumb first few episodes, then got hooked. I’m all excited to start the later episodes in season one and see her reading wiki on her phone about the show. I knew what she was doing but it was too late. She wiki’d the entire ending and all the spoilers. She did this shit with Breaking Bad. I’m like what’s the damn point of watching the show now?? She says she still wants to watch even though she knows every fucking thing that will happen. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by hundredTT

Finally convinced the lady to watch Game of Thrones. We both thought it was dumb first few episodes, then got hooked. I’m all excited to start the later episodes in season one and see her reading wiki on her phone about the show. I knew what she was doing but it was too late. She wiki’d the entire ending and all the spoilers. She did this shit with Breaking Bad. I’m like what’s the damn point of watching the show now?? She says she still wants to watch even though she knows every fucking thing that will happen. 🤦‍♂️
I have a friend who does that before going to the theater to see a movie. I'll ask him if he's want to see (whatever) and he said he already read the Wiki plot and knows how it ends. I told him he was a dumbass.

Finally convinced the lady to watch Game of Thrones. We both thought it was dumb first few episodes, then got hooked. I’m all excited to start the later episodes in season one and see her reading wiki on her phone about the show. I knew what she was doing but it was too late. She wiki’d the entire ending and all the spoilers. She did this shit with Breaking Bad. I’m like what’s the damn point of watching the show now?? She says she still wants to watch even though she knows every fucking thing that will happen.
Probably a smart thing to at least wiki through thrones. I caught on about season 4 or 5 and still have no idea whos who and what really happened

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
1 hour ago, hundredTT said:
Finally convinced the lady to watch Game of Thrones. We both thought it was dumb first few episodes, then got hooked. I’m all excited to start the later episodes in season one and see her reading wiki on her phone about the show. I knew what she was doing but it was too late. She wiki’d the entire ending and all the spoilers. She did this shit with Breaking Bad. I’m like what’s the damn point of watching the show now?? She says she still wants to watch even though she knows every fucking thing that will happen. emoji2357.png

Read more  

Probably a smart thing to at least wiki through thrones. I caught on about season 4 or 5 and still have no idea whos who and what really happened

Hahah my brotha. I feel like I’ll be the same way because we were confused as fuck and aren’t good with names and usually just go with it lol. But the principal stands that she googles everything beforehand, inpatient ass ha. Happened with Stranger Things as well, try not to be bitch  about it and luckily I’m not a nerd enough to really let it affect me. But shit is still is annoying haha. I know some people lose their shit over spoilers haha. My nephew came home opening night of avengers end game and told me all about it, I was like wtf, than gave myself 10 seconds to not be a total  loser hahah. Watching it now actually haha. 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

Hahah my brotha. I feel like I’ll be the same way because we were confused as fuck and aren’t good with names and usually just go with it lol. But the principal stands that she googles everything beforehand, inpatient ass ha. Happened with Stranger Things as well, try not to be bitch  about it and luckily I’m not a nerd enough to really let it affect me. But shit is still is annoying haha. I know some people lose their shit over spoilers haha. My nephew came home opening night of avengers end game and told me all about it, I was like wtf, than gave myself 10 seconds to not be a total  loser hahah. Watching it now actually haha

role playing lol GIF by Hyper RPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
7 hours ago, hundredTT said:
Finally convinced the lady to watch Game of Thrones. We both thought it was dumb first few episodes, then got hooked. I’m all excited to start the later episodes in season one and see her reading wiki on her phone about the show. I knew what she was doing but it was too late. She wiki’d the entire ending and all the spoilers. She did this shit with Breaking Bad. I’m like what’s the damn point of watching the show now?? She says she still wants to watch even though she knows every fucking thing that will happen. emoji2357.png

Read more  

Especially helpful when the screen is pitch black for an entire episode.

• Like 4