ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

Rumor they might setup now at that East 23rd circle drive by Winship Theater which creates its own logistical issues.  But if they do their usual afternoon game review before throwing back to the primetime games (usually 6:00-6:30p)...then the LCL music will be an issue.  I love the backdrop of the LBJ Foundation and the football field kinda downhill, but they may want to change it up.  Only other place i could see it setup would be the big grassy area in NE corner of Dodds Way & Trinity.  Athletic Dept. controls that area on gameday (no Tailgate Guys or private setups) for hospitality areas for player's families and recruits.  And it'd have the NEZ and Midway in the background with crowds clustered on the sidewalk and roadway.  Another logistical headache too though.  

But load-in starts tomorrow, so I guess we'll know soon. 

Build-out happening as we speak at usual spot by LBJ Fountain.  Longhorn City Limits will cut a bit short so they can cut to 6:00p catchup broadcast.  Will be a wee bit chilly outside but a fun time in the morning and early evening.  I'm trying to get the Joint Chiefs of Staff to open for Third Eye Blind but getting some pushback.  damn Pentagon

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Undertaker should be our guest pick. Nuff said. He could chokeslam Dez and Bear for being dumbasses and tombstone Herbie.  

C78VgjSU8AAptOc.jpg:large

He grabs Dez by the throat and says "I am here to make your preseason national champion pick REST. IN. PEEAAAACEEEEE."

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:56 PM, YGIFS said:

Rumor they might setup now at that East 23rd circle drive by Winship Theater which creates its own logistical issues.  But if they do their usual afternoon game review before throwing back to the primetime games (usually 6:00-6:30p)...then the LCL music will be an issue.  I love the backdrop of the LBJ Foundation and the football field kinda downhill, but they may want to change it up.  Only other place i could see it setup would be the big grassy area in NE corner of Dodds Way & Trinity.  Athletic Dept. controls that area on gameday (no Tailgate Guys or private setups) for hospitality areas for player's families and recruits.  And it'd have the NEZ and Midway in the background with crowds clustered on the sidewalk and roadway.  Another logistical headache too though.  

But load-in starts tomorrow, so I guess we'll know soon. 

Way back when they setup in the South Mall by the Littlefield Fountain.  That was the 2008? Tech Game

• Hook 'Em 1

The 2008 tech game was in Lubbock, BLAKE!  Your shitty memory (and hands) is why we can't have nice things, BLAKE !!!

I kid.  I think it was Mizzou that was setup over there.  Yeah, they're doing LBJ Fountain again which I like, for Saturday.  They'll just shut down LCL a little bit early for the throwback to evening coverage.  As I said in my OP, it's the best and most ideal setup.  Looking forward to it, despite the chilly weather.  It also gets the tower in the backdrop and kind of a sense of how big and pretty the campus is.  Downside is you get some ugly ass north campus buildings in the backdrop too.  Should actually be a pretty kickass sunset shot about 530/545 tomorrow behind their set.  #longhornpeopleproblems 

• Hook 'Em 2