ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

4 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

How does the board feel about Deon? He seemed really likable in the interview.

Interesting.  

I  told MRS. LAGA4 this morning that I never was a Dion fan,  but I had to give him credit for working up the ranks in coaching.  

I think he started out coaching HS for free,  then tried to start his on HS and copy IMG,  but that didn't work out.

But to his credit he kept coaching and seems to be learning the trade.   I think he really likes to coach and has a good chance to be successful.  

I'll bet he's a very good recruiter.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Curious where Gameday goes for 11/12

TCU at Texas? 6:30 game on ABC.

Bama at Ole Miss? 2:00 CBS.

Show UCF at Tulane Love? Doesn’t appear to be on TV though.

UGA at Miss State? 6pm ESPN

North Carolina at Wake? 6:30 ESPN2

or another random game?

Edited by TexEx15
  • Like 1

This is a great question as you’d think they would lean towards whatever home team has the most upside. None of the teams hosting that you mentioned are in the playoff hunt so this seems to be a real wildcard.

Wonder what will be the (fucking almost always Big Ten…zzzz) Big Noon game of the week.

This is a great question as you’d think they would lean towards whatever home team has the most upside. None of the teams hosting that you mentioned are in the playoff hunt so this seems to be a real wildcard.

Wonder what will be the (fucking almost always Big Ten…zzzz) Big Noon game of the week.

Oregon is hosting Washington. That’ll be a ranked on ranked rivalry and Oregon will be moving up to 7 or 6 this week. But they did just go there not that long ago.

Our game seems like the most important as far as the playoffs go. 
They went to AppSt and JacksonSt. Playoff teams aren't their concern.

Wouldn't be surprised if they went to Tulane for the UCF game.

Edit: You look over there and it's all about taking too much time to verify next week's schedule and getting beat by mdmost.

On Fowler’s Nightcap Recap on Instagram both Fowler and Herbie seemed to be under the impression Gameday would be in Austin

Not sure of the context as I have not seen the video, but they’ll definitely be calling it. They could have been referring to that.

I wouldn't say charm has had a whole helluva lot to do with it.  /cormac

I had just moved back to Austin from grad school in California.  And drove my truck to some parking garage and then rode by bike home so I'd have a close-in free spot for after the '99 Nebraska game.  and as I rode my bike home, literally almost hit Kirk Herbstreit.  /csb          We won that game, and because of some broad, I bought a copy of "Blue" by Third Eye Blind that same week.  We broke up shortly thereafter but Third Eye Blind persists.  Playing Longhorn City Limits before Gameday.  Circle of Life, simba.  

I would think they'd still do LBJ Fountain.  Plus it looks really cool at night.  Only other location I remember is from 2008 (I wanna day) when they did it in 6-pack/Littlefield Fountain but it's too removed from the pre-game brew-ha-ha these days.  

53 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Who do yall think is the guest picker this week? I wouldn't be surprised if it was McConaughey. Someone on reddit said it should be Mattress Mack. I think he would be perfect because he played for the Horns and DKR.

DIdn't know this.  It should definitely be him.  Gambling angle there too, which they love.

1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

Who do yall think is the guest picker this week? I wouldn't be surprised if it was McConaughey. Someone on reddit said it should be Mattress Mack. I think he would be perfect because he played for the Horns and DKR.

Wasn’t Matthew on there fairly recently?  Natalie Portman once roamed your sidelines, didn’t she?  I nominate her. 

2 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Wasn’t Matthew on there fairly recently?  Natalie Portman once roamed your sidelines, didn’t she?  I nominate her. 

I think he was the guest picker back in 2019 vs LSU. I want someone who went to UT or is major fan of the university. I liked Glen Powell because he attended the university and was from Round Rock. He bleeds burnt orange.

Edited by Tex48

7 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

I think he was the guest picker back in 2019 vs LSU. I want someone who went to UT or is major fan of the university. I liked Glen Powell because he attended the university and was from Round Rock. He bleeds burnt orange.

Glen Powell would make sense. How was the guest picker back in September?

edit: Powell was the guest picker in September. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

2 hours ago, Tex48 said:

Neil deGrasse Tyson would be pretty cool. He got one of his graduate degrees here

Edited by Zone Read