ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

Can't say I blame him.  Would be cool to get Wes Anderson to draw up a play using stop motion/animatronics puppets.  But he has virtually nothing to do with UT, much to their chagrin.  

How about F. Murray Abraham?  Or Bruce McGill?  I see him on South Congress every now and again.  

I'm guessing they'll play it safe and go with Clemens.  

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Can't say I blame him.  Would be cool to get Wes Anderson to draw up a play using stop motion/animatronics puppets.  But he has virtually nothing to do with UT, much to their chagrin.  

How about F. Murray Abraham?  Or Bruce McGill?  I see him on South Congress every now and again.  

I'm guessing they'll play it safe and go with Clemens.  

I'd love to see Clemens up there. He'd be perfect for gameday especially with the Astros winning the WS this weekend.

5 hours ago, Tex48 said:

I think he was on DKR's team for a season but never played. He's still a huge Horns fan.

I can attest.

[CSB]Wife and I were driving back home from Houston and had a uhaul in tow with a new refrigerator.  Wife reminds me we needed a couple of twin mattresses for our son's room and since we had the uhaul, could we stop at Gallery furniture.  Long story short, we stopped, we got some pretty mattresses for cheap, I went to take a piss and there was all of this 2005 National Championship memorabilia in the shitter, including a signed VY jersey.[/CSB].

The dude loves the Horns.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, I think a Clemens tie-in with Astros World Series win is starting to make more sense.

They could also just go for who's "hot" right now and pick Brenne Brown.  She's nice and all, but if somebody could explain to me why exactly she's famous?  I have no idea what she does.  She does research and writes on education?  Seems very generous with her time and treasure anyways.  

Most young people watching wouldn't recognize Bruce McGill even though he still works a ton in Hollywood.  And he doesn't mind being bugged about "Animal House" but you telling me you couldn't sell 10,000 burnt orange shirts with "Delta Tau Chi" on them on Gameday?  And they come back from commercial break and he's just gone from the set, "whereabouts unknown."  

Gary Clark, Jr. is hotter than hot right now as well.  I think he's known well enough by enough age brackets.  Not a UT guy, but certainly one of the more famous Austinites.  

Duplass Brothers are funny and likable.  But I'm guessing they're on location somewhere, since they make a movie about every 60 days.  

And the QB dude from "Varsity Blues" lives in the Hill Country.  He'd obviously be very up on high school recruiting as it pertains to college football.  

should be a blast.

If we are being intellectually honest GD isn’t in Austin this week because of Texas. They wouldn’t be there at this point in the season if TCU had a loss. So to that end I can see them going with a currently relevant yet not tied to either school Texan.

Or hell they could even go this route

28dcbfe7a70801a62db7988e833f9796.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1