8.26.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

20 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeesh. Still don’t like that Boyce is leading. Hopefully he’s improved a lot, but he was so bad last year, it’s hard to image him starting is a good thing. Sounds like our second corner position will need some help, no matter which of the three start. 

Boyd without the D.  Prove me wrong, Kobe.

25 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Cook is out for the 1st half of the La Tech game due to the targeting penalty from Georgia.  Boyce "starting" week 1 doesn't necessarily indicate anything about Boyce vs. Cook.

While true, pretty much every practice report has stated Cook hasn’t won the job, so this doesn’t seem like just a technicality where Cook would be named the starter, except for the suspension, but at least we’ll get to find out soon. I still have a hard time believing Cook can’t be at least solid considering how he looked last year.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

While true, pretty much every practice report has stated Cook hasn’t won the job, so this doesn’t seem like just a technicality where Cook would be named the starter, except for the suspension, but at least we’ll get to find out soon. I still have a hard time believing Cook can’t be at least solid considering how he looked last year.

That's true, although I've seen more reports saying that it was Jamison making a move than Boyce.  If Boyce is the starter over Jamison, I have more confidence in Cook taking over in the 2nd Half against La Tech.

16 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

What happened to Cook? Was he not a 5 star at some point during his recruitment?

He can't play the 1st half of La Tech. This isn't a hard concept to understand. Even with the struggles he has had against an elite WR core in fall practice, he would be the starter except he can't.

Edited by HtownHorn

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He can't play the 1st half of La Tech. This isn't a hard concept to understand. Even with the struggles he has had against an elite WR core in fall practice, he would be the starter except he can't.

You don't know that but sure. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

This is probably the worst idea I've had all season, but I gotta shake off the rust.  Why would we risk playing Washington against La. Tech?  I know we only have 2 "healthy" running backs, but we're playing f'ing La. Tech.  We could easily give Ingram 15-20 carries, and run 4 & 5 wide the rest of the time.  Using TE as an extra blocker, and Sam on a few designed runs.

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

This is probably the worst idea I've had all season, but I gotta shake off the rust.  Why would we risk playing Washington against La. Tech?  I know we only have 2 "healthy" running backs, but we're playing f'ing La. Tech.  We could easily give Ingram 15-20 carries, and run 4 & 5 wide the rest of the time.  Using TE as an extra blocker, and Sam on a few designed runs.

No way we play Washington at runnung back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

George Washington is dead, I regret to inform you.

Lol, that's what I get for doing most of my posting on the Politics board...I meant Whittington...obviously

Told'ya I need to shake the rust off.

Edited by DixonHur

23 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don't get it. You want to risk our starter against La Tech but not another RB?