Jerry Falwell Jr. "may" have a thing for 20 something cock

Gil Bang

14 hours ago, Anastasis said:

She seems nice....

Liberty University graduate claims Jerry Falwell Jr.'s wife Becki climbed into bed and performed oral sex on him when he stayed at their home after band practice with their son in 2008

The former student said on some occasions he’d stay up drinking whiskey and playing music with Trey and would crash in the guest bedroom of the Falwell’s home next to Trey’s bedroom.

He said on one occasion in either August or September 2008, he stayed over and heard giggling next to him and found Becki in the room, but got her to leave.

A few nights later he stayed the night again at the Falwell’s home and Becki came into the guest bedroom where she climbed into his bed and took down his pants.

'I was like, "uh, what are you doing?"' he said. The man claims she proceeded to give him oral sex.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8672437/Ex-Liberty-University-student-claims-Becki-Falwell-performed-oral-sex-him.html

One time at Band Camp...

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Thread about famous hypocritical shitbag evangelical man’s sexual behavior turns into slut jokes about the women.

Yep. Seems about right.

In fairness they are both hypocritical evangelical shitbags who enjoy deviant sexual behavior behind closed doors.  I for one applaud and encourage both of them to pursue whatever gets them off with other consenting adults, but think they both need to be called out if they are going to condemn others for similar behavior.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Thread about famous hypocritical shitbag evangelical man’s sexual behavior turns into slut jokes about the women.

Yep. Seems about right.

Well.....she's a hypocritical slut, see. Not sure why you feel she deserves to be treated any differently than her cuck husband. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Man, look at him. That is the face of a self-loathing alcoholic living an obvious lie. A man who leads a flock of people who would wish him dead if they knew his truths. I'd almost feel sorry for him if he wasn't so vile for condoning and even encouraging the hatred of so many people just like himself.  

I don't know if what I am thinking has legs or not, but it just came to mind, and seems plausible.  And I am sure that the things I discuss below isn't the only thing driving these sad assholes, but I would be curious to see what you people thought about the hypothesis.   And I am not making excuses for people who are not only practicing hypocrites, but make their livelihoods off of being two faced.      I am more trying to understand the root cause of why these people are the way they are, and how can we change things to hopefully start producing less of them?  

I fully believe that these people are a product of the world they grew up in.   It's not all nature, it's more nuture.  And the following is a piece of the puzzle. 

I've been going over this in my head a bit, before I read the above quote.   There was a discussion earlier about how many of these Trump enablers are cucks, like Manafort, Stone, Falwell, etc.

So the idea of that being a common factor in these guys, but they are all different too.  Some like Stone and Manafort are impervious to blackmail.  In fact I am sure they, like Trump, use extortion as a tool of business on a daily basis.   Then you have Falwell, Lady G and others who are susceptible to blackmail.  So that's not the common part of the thread.

I am figuring that most all these men, like Trump, are like they are due to some sort of sexual insecurity/unhappiness.  Several factors could bring this on:

1) How they were raised to view sex.  Or what sex is for.  Like with Trump, it's definitely more a power play, like all rapists.  But with Falwell, I can only imagine being brought up in his father's shadow, expected to carry on the family rep as christian leader.   So all these guys were mind fucked early on by whacked out parents who raised little angry confused fascists.

2) Penis size.  Or shape.   Mushroom, egg, pencil.

3) Gender confusion and rage/sadness at not being able to identify as what they really want to be.  Or even fucking explore it.

So they mix that into a world that is competitive, and their whole worth is based on how they stack up next to other white males.  That's who they want to impress, no one else.   That explains:

1) Misogyny

2) Racism

3) Nationalism

4) The thirst for power and money, because those are the things they can increase, since they can't lengthen their penises.  

I'm sure this isn't a strictly Republican thing, but I think there are more under that tent.    

One thing I feel very strongly about is we as an American society (on the whole) do a horrid job of teaching our kids about relationships, sex and marriage.  These guys are prime examples of that.   

As Brisket spoke earlier, everyone should be able to get their kink on.  But if there were no boundaries to cross over, no taboos, would we then invent some?  This all plays into that too.  It's a fascinating look at human nature.  

TL;DR  Trumpkins feel inadequate sexually.  To compensate they concentrate on trying to convince others in their Venn circle that they are superior to others outside of that circle.  This can extend down into the masses.  That group that lives in the lower percentile of penis size and intelligence.  Men who compensate with big loud trucks or an all camo wardrobe, whatever.  

Yep. Seems about right.

If the story was Falwell climbing in bed with his daughter’s female h.s. band friend and going down in her saying ‘young guys don’t know how to satisfy you’- you’d be going Def-Con 10 about statutory rape.

I luv your posts generally chick - but most Falwell stories are about her fucking various peeps and him sometimes watching her fuck. How you expect a lighter treatment of her - the actual fucker - versus him - the sometimes watcher -is bewildering.
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

In fairness, there have been more and better jokes about Jerry being a watcher.

And I ain’t joking about her sexual liberties. I’m a fan. I think the world would be a happier place if folks felt free to fly their freak flag without being judged.

gf and I were talking about that very thing last night

Man, if the former college kid's story is accurate, that's abusive on her part. I get all the jokes and whatnot, but his version is that he really didn't seek or want that, which is possible...and I see how he can feel like he was subjected to predatory behavior. That's not "ah cool she lets her freak flag fly." It's just gross and wrong.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

The pool boy is on CNN giving and interview right now and dishing. Fully sexual relationship backed and buttressed by blackmail. 

Dude keeps saying he just wants to cut ties and pull away from the Falwells

Edit: Falwell is a mega cuck confirmed

Edited by Captainant

Man, if the former college kid's story is accurate, that's abusive on her part. I get all the jokes and whatnot, but his version is that he really didn't seek or want that, which is possible...and I see how he can feel like he was subjected to predatory behavior. That's not "ah cool she lets her freak flag fly." It's just gross and wrong.
It's called sexual assault.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Yep, I see it the same way I see the double standard when female HS teachers fuck male HS students.  For some reason, that's dismissed as "lucky bastard, should have kept his mouth shut", while the converse is roundly criticized as an abusive power play, at a minimum.

Never mind that female HS students are usually far more emotionally mature than male HS students.  Sure, they aren't a walking gonad oozing testosterone, but that doesn't mean there can't be emotional abuse piled high.

Now consider the slightly older college kid at a "Christian" university, and let's note that the students are generally pretty bought into the concept.  They have been lectured over and over again about pre- and extra-marital sex, among other things.  She assaulted this kid and it not only confused him but sent him into depression, because he has been taught that he's now going to hell.

I'll cop to a smirking thought and response or two as well, that's the locker room side of the discussion, but in reality, she's a predator and belongs in prison, if this story is true.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yep, I see it the same way I see the double standard when female HS teachers fuck male HS students.  For some reason, that's dismissed as "lucky bastard, should have kept his mouth shut", while the converse is roundly criticized as an abusive power play, at a minimum.

Never mind that female HS students are usually far more emotionally mature than male HS students.  Sure, they aren't a walking gonad oozing testosterone, but that doesn't mean there can't be emotional abuse piled high.

Now consider the slightly older college kid at a "Christian" university, and let's note that the students are generally pretty bought into the concept.  They have been lectured over and over again about pre- and extra-marital sex, among other things.  She assaulted this kid and it not only confused him but sent him into depression, because he has been taught that he's now going to hell.

I'll cop to a smirking thought and response or two as well, that's the locker room side of the discussion, but in reality, she's a predator and belongs in prison, if this story is true.

Yeah, all of this.  I mean, had a woman like that made a move on Brisket in college...it would have been awesome.  But I wasn't dealing with a disparate power dynamic or heavy Christian morality/guilt at that time.

But on these guys' cases....yeah, it was assault.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A probe into Falwell's tenure has been announced.  Do you think they'll let him watch them as they probe?

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2020/08/31/liberty-university-board-pledges-full-commitment-to-spiritual-mission-and-launches-independent-investigation/

Liberty University Board pledges full commitment to spiritual mission and launches independent investigation

August 31, 2020 : By Office of Communications & Public Engagement 

Liberty University’s Executive Committee, acting on behalf of its Board of Trustees, issued the following statement today:

This past week challenged all of us to the core. While we had been willing to extend grace and understanding to Jerry Falwell, Jr. before, once the revelations about his past personal life came more fully to light, we acted swiftly and decisively to ask for his immediate resignation, which we received.

Some may say that all the signs were there for a long time before last week. It’s certainly fair to say that there were questionable comments made, worrying behavior, and inappropriate social media posts, but all the signs were not there until the start of last week. While we still didn’t know the full scope of the matter, we have learned enough about the past to know that we had no choice but to take the leadership of Liberty University in a new direction.

We are also committed to learning the consequences that have flowed from a lack of spiritual stewardship by our former president. One of the leading forensic firms in the world has been retained by Liberty University’s Board of Trustees to conduct a thorough investigation into all facets of Liberty University operations during Jerry Falwell, Jr.’s tenure as President, including but not limited to financial, real estate, and legal matters.

Throughout these past few weeks, we knew we were being lifted in prayer by the entire Liberty University community. For this we are especially grateful, as we know it was by the Lord’s grace that we were able to put aside emotion and make the decisions that were necessary and essential for bringing calm to the storm. We thank all those who extended prayerful support!

“Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.” Matthew 8:26b

Of course, moving forward, we are very mindful that we must seek leaders who demonstrate a full commitment to the spiritual mission of Liberty University by words, actions, and example. That is why, in addition to starting a search for a new president, we are also reviewing options to establish a new role in the top leadership of the University for someone who will serve as a spiritual coach, mentor, and guide to help ensure that every member of the University leadership fulfills his or her spiritual responsibility to live out the Christian walk expected of each and every one of us at Liberty.

Lastly, we are charging Jerry Prevo to use the full range of his presidential authority to implement any changes necessary to improve the ongoing operations of the University, and to enrich the spiritual mission of Liberty University, not only for its students but also for every executive, administrator, faculty member, and the entire staff, and for a prospective new president, as well.

We ask for continued prayers as we all manage this transition and for a continued commitment by us all to fulfill our spiritual mission here at Liberty University today and always.

• Like 1

Statistically speaking, there's gotta be 1 or 2 Falwell donors on this website, no?  Not necessarily to Liberty University, but certainly to the Falwell empire in its myriad incarnations over the decades?  

6 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The fact that this dude is complaining about a hot milf blowing him and being sexually "aggressive" is 100% confirmation that ol Jerry was involved in some of the festivities. . 

yeah, I suspect that the cabana boy may have caught a little shrapnel from Jerry's explosions. I declared decades ago that I was a "two balls, four walls" kinda guy, and that philosophy has served me well. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just the public articles about his real estate dealings alone revealed enough to ruin him if Liberty wants to do something about it.

This. They are only gonna look at the sex/student aspect of it. The monetary improprieties have been open and obvious for so long that too many people have too much to lose if that gets (more) exposed.

Any chance the firm is Pepper Hamilton??
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

image.gif.fe983180200be7d0d6b7a1c0430338f5.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The fact that this dude is complaining about a hot milf blowing him and being sexually "aggressive" is 100% confirmation that ol Jerry was involved in some of the festivities. . 

That is not at all how that works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

If they’re serious about getting a forensic accounting of how Jerry Jr. handled Liberty’s finances, then he’s completely screwed.   I suspect it’s more likely a toothless CYA move by the board and then they’ll quietly move on, but maybe he pissed off the wrong people for good.  

Just the public articles about his real estate dealings alone revealed enough to ruin him if Liberty wants to do something about it.

100% this. The less public scrutiny of Liberty's financials the better. Maybe they are regretting the payout to Jerry and will look to claw some of that back, but even that is questionable. They will follow the Baylor method of pretend you're doing something until the next college scandal distracts everyone and you can get back to bidness.  Because right now bidness is good in the religious scam industry. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

That is not at all how that works.

Exactly. And that’s another reason why it’s dangerous to make slutty MILF and cuck jokes about these situations.

This woman - and Falwell Junior - are actual sexual predators.

The jokey, bawdy bro-dude attitude is legitimately harmful to young men who are victims. The reporting rate for sexual abuse and assaults are low for women - they’re extremely low for men.

Guys putting out the message of “Wish that happened to me in college/high school/middle school!” make real male victims feel weak or weird or ashamed that they don’t feel turned on and braggy about “banging that hot slutty MILF”.

So they push down the trauma and don’t report what happened and it causes them serious damage.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

If they’re serious about getting a forensic accounting of how Jerry Jr. handled Liberty’s finances, then he’s completely screwed.   I suspect it’s more likely a toothless CYA move by the board and then they’ll quietly move on, but maybe he pissed off the wrong people for good.  

It’s pure CYA. Their statement announcing the investigation even lies about the extent of his misconduct was previously known. It just finally reached a boiling point and they decided they couldn’t tolerate it boiling over. They’ll wrap this investigation in six months with no substantial findings.

13 hours ago, trauma babe said:
On 8/29/2020 at 12:54 PM, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

It's called sexual assault.

yeah I was hesitant to call it that in my context of growing up in Dallas 'burbs where sexual assault would occur against high school girls only on days ending in y, and it was never ever acknowledged... other than to celebrate it or shame a girl accusing  anyone. And then the idea of it happening to a guy -- holy shit not possible 

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans

10 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I'd say it's pretty good odds that pool boy was being paid by Liberty; either outright or via fraudulent reimbursement to the Falwells. Plus, this is all we are aware of today---there may be other pool boys that haven't stepped forward yet.

6 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

It’s pure CYA. Their statement announcing the investigation even lies about the extent of his misconduct was previously known. It just finally reached a boiling point and they decided they couldn’t tolerate it boiling over. They’ll wrap this investigation in six months with no substantial findings.

Falwells son is still in senior leadership at liberty and he was reported to be heavily involved in the university contracts with vendors. If he’s still employed there, there won’t be any financial shenanigans uncovered in their report.

13 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

yeah I was hesitant to call it that in my context of growing up in Dallas 'burbs where sexual assault would occur against high school girls only on days ending in y, and it was never ever acknowledged... other than to celebrate it or shame a girl accusing  anyone. And then the idea of it happening to a guy -- holy shit not possible 

It's almost impossibly rare for the context of a situation to make sexual assault not sexual assault. But I know what you're saying.

He's totally innocent, but now threatening a reporter.  I suspect poolboy was on the payroll at Liberty in some fashion:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-falwell-legacy-insight/how-jerry-falwell-jr-mixed-his-personal-finances-with-his-universitys-idUSKBN25V27L

After parting ways with President Jerry Falwell Jr in the wake of personal scandals, Liberty University has hired a firm to investigate “all facets” of Falwell’s tenure, including the school’s financial and real estate operations.

There may be much to untangle.

Falwell, who took over as president of Liberty in 2007 after years as a lawyer handling its real estate interests, intertwined his personal finances with those of the evangelical Christian university founded by his father.

He put his two sons - and their wives as well - on the university’s payroll. He arranged the transfer of a multi-acre Liberty facility to his personal trainer. He enlisted a friend’s construction company to manage an ambitious campus expansion costing hundreds of millions of dollars.

And before becoming school president, Falwell set up two companies that enabled him to cut property deals with one of the many nonprofit entities affiliated with the university, Reuters found. In each of the deals, Falwell played multiple roles with potentially conflicting interests: He was an officer of the university, a board member for the nonprofit selling the land, and a private developer who could profit from the transactions.

“It’s very worrisome to have these sorts of financial arrangements going on and they deserve intense scrutiny,” said Michael Bastedo of the University of Michigan School of Education.

In 2001, property records show, Falwell set up a private company while he was a lawyer for Liberty, used it to buy an undeveloped tract of land from the school, and then developed a strip mall on the plot. The company sold the property five years later at a significant premium.

In 2005, property records show, Falwell again acted as a private businessman when a university nonprofit affiliate and a company he operated joined together to sell land to a third company - controlled by Falwell’s real estate partner.

Spoiler

And in 2012, in a project Falwell launched as Liberty’s president, the university spent more than $2 million to build a tunnel that links the campus to another shopping plaza near campus. Falwell is a part owner of that shopping plaza.

Falwell told Reuters that each of these transactions benefited Liberty University. None was inappropriate in any way, he said.

He stepped down last week after Reuters reported that a business associate alleged a years-long affair with Falwell and Falwell’s wife, Becki. The associate, Giancarlo Granda, says the relationship involved him having sex with Becki Falwell while Jerry Falwell looked on. Becki Falwell declined to comment; Jerry Falwell has denied involvement in the relationship, which he says was between his wife and Granda only.

Falwell’s departure marked a dramatic fall for one of the most powerful figures in America’s evangelical Christian movement. In 2016, Falwell’s endorsement of Donald Trump was widely credited as helping propel Trump to the U.S. presidency.

Falwell said in interviews that Liberty will pay him $10.5 million as part of a severance and retirement package. Liberty declined to comment on the terms or the amount.

Liberty’s board of trustees subsequently announced it was hiring “one of the leading forensic firms in the world to conduct a thorough investigation” that will examine the school’s operations under Falwell, including financial and real estate matters. It declined to name the firm.

The outside investigation may not examine the 2001 and 2005 deals that Falwell handled while he was a Liberty lawyer, however. Asked about those transactions, a Liberty spokesman said: “At this time, the forensic investigation is limited to Jerry Falwell’s term as president.”

After initially referring questions to his legal and public relations representatives, Falwell called Reuters late Wednesday afternoon and said he looked forward to the Liberty investigation. “I welcome it because it will prove that all you guys are liars,” he said, referring to members of the media. “You got nothing.”

He also warned Reuters not to question his two adult sons, both of whom still have jobs at Liberty. “Trust me,” Falwell said during the call, “you do not want to mess with me, OK?”

Liberty employed a private firm - JF Management - formed by Jerry “Trey” Falwell III, Falwell’s elder son, to manage university properties. The company received more than $58,000 in compensation in 2017, according to the school’s most recent public filing of tax form 990 with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Trey Falwell also serves as a Liberty vice president, with total compensation from the university of $189,000 a year, according to the tax filings.

Falwell’s other son, Wesley, drew compensation in 2017 from Liberty of $54,744, the filings show. Laura Falwell, Wesley’s wife, earned $57,751 that year from Liberty, and Sarah Falwell, Trey’s wife, earned $63,315.

None of the Falwell children or their spouses could be reached for comment. In a statement released by Falwell’s lawyer, Falwell said: “Trey, Wesley, and their spouses get paid fair value for their work and have performed that work very well.”

A school spokesman told Reuters that examining the Falwell family’s dealings with Liberty is “within the scope of the forensic investigation.”

Company insiders - in this case, Jerry Falwell - aren’t legally barred from conducting personal business transactions with the nonprofits they run, such as those identified by Reuters. But some governance specialists say such deals can raise concern about conflicts of interest or potential breaches of fiduciary duty. Nonprofit entities, such as Liberty and most other universities, are meant to serve charitable, educational or religious interests. Under tax laws, their proceeds cannot be used for the private benefit of individuals.

Eric Chafee, a law professor at the University of Toledo in Ohio, said Falwell’s real estate deals predating his presidency are worthy of further scrutiny. “These sweetheart land transactions are certainly eyebrow-raising,” he said.

The tax-exempt Liberty relies on hundreds of millions of dollars in Pell grants and government-backed student loans. Liberty students received $618 million in federal taxpayer loans and aid in a single year, according to a 2018 audit report.

QUESTIONABLE CONDUCT

The allegations of a sexual affair were the latest in a string of personal disclosures about Falwell. Weeks earlier, he had posted a photo of himself on Instagram with his pants unzipped and his belly exposed, his arm around a pregnant woman. Falwell said it was meant as a joke; even so, he took an indefinite leave of absence from Liberty not long after.

A Liberty spokesman said “no determination has been made” about whether the investigation will examine the personal conduct of either Jerry or Becki Falwell. But the spokesman said the school “will investigate any allegations that fall within its Title IX policies prohibiting sexual discrimination and sexual harassment and its Human Resource policies addressing sexual misconduct, as well.”

Initially, the examination appears to be focused more on business dealings, however.

As Liberty University president, Falwell oversaw a dramatic growth in the school’s revenues, due in part to the popularity of its distance learning programs. In 2018, its assets topped $2.8 billion.

He also presided over a $1 billion construction spree at its Lynchburg, Virginia, campus, adding new buildings that included a library, dorms and a gleaming sports arena that was scheduled to open this year.

Central to the campus construction boom has been a long-time Falwell friend, Robert Moon. In 2013, Moon formed a company called Construction Management Associates, or CMA - with the help of a $750,000 start-up loan from Liberty. CMA was then tapped to manage huge portions of the campus building spree. The university’s most recent public 990 filing shows CMA received more than $64 million in revenue from Liberty during 2017.

Moon’s business has also been a “substantial contributor” to the university, making gifts to Liberty, the 990 filings show.

Asked last year about CMA’s growing business with Liberty, Moon told Reuters that “using a trusted construction manager as the owner’s agent is a method being employed at lots of campuses to complete major projects.” He said that CMA had helped save Liberty “millions,” that the company had repaid its Liberty loan with interest, and that CMA’s revenues are largely “passed through the trade contractors for their labor, materials, equipment and supplies.”

A Liberty spokesman said the construction activities and contracts in which Falwell was involved, including the role of CMA, is “within the scope of the forensic investigation.”

EARLY DEALS

A Reuters examination of land records revealed that companies personally founded by Falwell cut property deals with one of the many nonprofits affiliated with the university as early as 2001. Falwell orchestrated those deals even as he was a Liberty official and a trustee for the nonprofit from which his companies bought the land, the Liberty Broadcasting Network.

The television network, LBN for short, carried sermons of Falwell’s father, the Rev. Jerry Falwell. It also promoted Liberty University, operated from the school’s campus, and offered Christian family-oriented programming. But LBN, a university affiliate, wasn’t particularly successful and required loans from Liberty to stay afloat.

LBN owned properties in the area, and Jerry Falwell Jr was a trustee for those holdings. When LBN began to sell its assets, at least two of the properties ended up in deals involving Falwell, Reuters found.

One was a 1.4 acre vacant lot just across the highway from Liberty’s campus, at 3920 Wards Road. In April 2001, LBN sold the lot for $327,000 to a newly founded limited liability company. The purchaser, Gateway Country Plaza LLC, operated from a Liberty University building, corporate registration records show, but Gateway didn’t belong to the school. Rather, it was a for-profit real estate holding firm and was partially owned by Falwell himself. Falwell signed as “member/manager” on its financial documents.

Once the Falwell-led firm owned the property, it erected a building there at an estimated cost of $153,000, according to a city permit. By 2002, the vacant lot had become a strip mall.

After the shopping strip was developed - with further investment by Falwell’s company - the property value soared. By 2006, Falwell sold the property for $2.7 million, more than eight-fold what his company had paid for the undeveloped tract five years earlier.

In statements to Reuters last year, Falwell defended the deal, arguing that LBN lacked the money or expertise to develop the land itself. He said his company “paid fair market for this property” and invested $1.7 million to build the mall. He did not provide documentation for this figure.

In 2005, Falwell engineered another deal involving Liberty-owned land and a separate private entity he controlled, called Eastern Heights LLC, according to records filed in Lynchburg City Court. Eastern held land next to a parcel owned by LBN. Railroad tracks separate the land from Liberty’s campus.

Eastern and LBN together sold the parcels for $1 million. Falwell signed the deed of sale on behalf of Eastern, property records show.

The buyer: Swift Creek Capitol, a company controlled by Chris Doyle, a friend and business partner of Falwell. Doyle has brokered or co-invested with Falwell in several private property ventures.

Falwell was involved in various sides of the Swift Creek transaction. He wrote up the deed itself, as “Jerry L Falwell Jr, Attorney-at-Law.” He signed the deed he created, listing himself as Manager of Eastern Heights LLC. He was an owner of Eastern Heights, the for-profit co-seller. And he also was in private business with Doyle, the buyer. In addition to investing in property with Falwell, Doyle has also worked as a real estate broker for Liberty University, where Falwell oversaw the property holdings.

In a statement to Reuters, Doyle said he is honored to have worked with the Falwells. “My business dealings and personal relationships are private matters,” he said.

In another matter that linked Liberty business with Falwell’s own, the university spent millions on a project that connected the campus to a nearby shopping plaza.

In January 2012, school president Falwell announced that a new pedestrian tunnel, paid for by Liberty, would let students and staff leave the campus from another exit. The tunnel cost the school around $2.2 million, a Liberty official told the local newspaper - a figure confirmed by a person familiar with the project. The tunnel runs beneath railroad tracks that made it perilous to cross from campus to the stores.

Falwell and his business partner Doyle owned part of the shopping plaza near where the tunnel exits.

In a statement to Reuters last year, Falwell said the tunnel helps ensure the safety of students who otherwise had to cross railroad tracks to get to the shopping area. It was “the only workable” location for the tunnel, Falwell said.

Moreover, he said, the pedestrian tunnel did not help the shopping plaza but hurt it. The reason, Falwell explained: Students would sometimes park at the mall and clutter the area.

A Liberty spokesman told Reuters that the university knew about Falwell’s ownership interest before the tunnel project was launched. The school has said the tunnel offers “easy and safe access to restaurants and stores along the busiest corridor in the City of Lynchburg.”

Chafee, the professor at the University of Toledo, said that, given the nature of Falwell’s presidency at Liberty, the school’s investigation should examine deals like these.

“There was so much control and domination by Falwell in regard to the transactions that were undertaken,” Chafee said.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

55 fucking years I've been on this earth, and I've never, ever met a white man called "trey".  WTF is this shit?

How is that possible? I went to school with one. In addition to the already mentioned Gowdy, there's ESPN broadcaster Wingo, former Texas QB Holtz, South Park creator Parker off the top of my head.

25 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

How is that possible? I went to school with one. In addition to the already mentioned Gowdy, there's ESPN broadcaster Wingo, former Texas QB Holtz, South Park creator Parker off the top of my head.

I'll take "four people I've never MET" for $500, Alex

• Hook 'Em 1