Alex Jones

Hornius Emeritus

I like how Alex goes on that guy’s TV show and claims that all TV personalities worship Lucifer, and the host of the TV show that Alex is spewing this shit on just nods and looks genuinely concerned about all those satanic TV hosts running around out there. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I like how Alex goes on that guy’s TV show and claims that all TV personalities worship Lucifer, and the host of the TV show that Alex is spewing this shit on just nods and looks genuinely concerned about all those satanic TV hosts running around out there. 

As if the guy ranting on his show and pawing at the ground with smoke coming out of his ears while he yells about gay frogs would not be the TV Host I'd suspect of being possessed by Lucifer.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

If Alex genuinely believed it, you'd think he'd go around attacking these satan worshipers.

19 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I worked at a local PBS station in the 80s. We had to sign our timesheets with baby's blood. The baby hated it.

Had you worked at an NPR station, you would have been required to drink it, so you had that going for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
24 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Let's check in with our friend Alex and see how things are.

Oh.

Drought and high winds is too reasonable of a cause.  Let's channel MTG's space lasers (Jewish or ha-goyim) and turn up the crazy.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Let's check in with our friend Alex and see how things are.

Oh.

Man, he's slipping and getting lazy. He left a lot of meat on that bone. 

Everyone knows Hawaii officials in Maui know Obama was born in Kenya and are involved in the conspiracy to cover it up. Biden used the energy weapon to take out a bunch of the officials that knew this, plus burned all the records that would have proven it. The people that knew, but survived have all been properly scared and we'll never hear from them again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, THAT explains your exorbitant spending while the families of murdered children you slandered for profit haven't seen a dime you owe them. Thanks clearing up that misunderstanding.

“If anything, I like to go to nice restaurants. That is my deal. I like to go on a couple of nice vacations a year, but I think I pretty much have earned that in this fight," he said, urging his audience to donate money for his legal expenses.

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/us/alex-jones-spent-over--in-july-sandy-hook-families-who-sued-him-have-yet-to-see-a-dime/ar-AA1gInMT?ocid=sapphireappshare

• Hook 'Em 1

This dude is the biggest piece of shit there is. He truly has no redeeming qualities. He's awful to look at. His voice is what I imagine a fetus hears during its abortion. His nature boils down to an utter lack of regard for other humans as anything other than tools for his own aggrandizement and profit. He should be wrapped in plastic and strung up by his feet in a public square on a hot day for everyone to watch him suffocate.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 2/23/2023 at 9:59 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I assume that he was talking about a 341 Creditors Meeting.

The criminal DOJ was not there, and if they were, they weren't asking about his cat.

However, the bankruptcy trustee is a DOJ employee or representative and they do ask about all scheduled and otherwise known assets, which might include an expensive pet.

I never had it come up, because most of my debtors used the Texas exemptions, which are up to 50k of miscellaneous personal property, including pets.

In any event, Jones' personal bankruptcy would not involve the seizure of pets or any other property until something goes horribly awry for him.  Which is highly likely.

They just have to value the bankruptcy estate for other purposes.

the bankruptcy trustee is not a DOJ employee; that's the US Trustee.  bankruptcy trustee is just another lawyer working at a firm which makes money by finding assets to administer on behalf of the unsecured creditors.  US Trustee's office isn't at most 341s, usually only see them if there's serious tax debt or a means test issue. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 9/17/2023 at 1:27 PM, elfenix said:

the bankruptcy trustee is not a DOJ employee; that's the US Trustee.  bankruptcy trustee is just another lawyer working at a firm which makes money by finding assets to administer on behalf of the unsecured creditors.  US Trustee's office isn't at most 341s, usually only see them if there's serious tax debt or a means test issue. 

True in consumer and farmer cases, but in a Chapter 11, the UST actually conducts a 341, I believe.  Most 11's are so complex, there's probably not a hell of a lot that can get done at just s 341.  But it could be the beginning of a bankruptcy fraud case.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Didn’t he move all his money to his ex and kids ?

That's not legal.

If these debts has been held subject to discharge, then they would have been paid off, somehow, probably partially and over a long period of time by his bankruptcy plan, and that would be it.

Now, the bankruptcy won't affect them at all.   He'll probably prefer to dismiss them and take his chances with fraudulent transfer and collection suits in Texas courts.

These judgment creditors will be harassing him for the next 20 years and slowly, surely bleeding the fat fucking pig dry.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Every 6 months there's a news article about Alex Jones losing a court case, and the entire internet celebrates. There's a steady stream of people on Twitter/Reddit/Surly chiming in with takes like "oh yeah, I'm a bankruptcy lawyer, and I can tell you he's really fucked now".

...but the thing is - he isn't. Is he living in a shitty 1 bedroom apartment? Is he driving a 20 year old Altima with no hubcaps? Is he flipping burgers down at Jack in the Box to make ends meet? Nah, he's not. He was rich as fuck before and he's gonna stay rich as fuck for the rest of his life, no matter what. He and his lawyers will just keep kicking the can down the road forever. Face it, justice works completely differently for rich people.

I fucking promise you, 6 or 9 months from now we'll be right back on this thread after reading the latest news article about how he's been fucking around and not paying and judge is really laying the hammer to him THIS TIME.

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

he keeps on weaseling himself out of it and is living pretty good and taking like 5 vacations a year

Jones — who’s worth an estimated $14 million despite claiming financial hardship — went through $93,000 in July alone. His expenses included nearly $8,000 in housekeeping costs and $6,700 for a Texas lake house he uses as a second home, according to an expenditure report filed with a Connecticut bankruptcy court. Jones also spent $5,600 on his boats and vehicles that month.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/back_page/alex-jones-blew-93k-in-a-month-on-dining-and-vacations-as-sandy-hook-victims/article_fb9b9f2f-4f87-54f7-9053-f78fb292402d.html

the system is set up if you have $$$ you can wiggle your way out of most of these messes 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's not legal.

If these debts has been held subject to discharge, then they would have been paid off, somehow, probably partially and over a long period of time by his bankruptcy plan, and that would be it.

Now, the bankruptcy won't affect them at all.   He'll probably prefer to dismiss them and take his chances with fraudulent transfer and collection suits in Texas courts.

These judgment creditors will be harassing him for the next 20 years and slowly, surely bleeding the fat fucking pig dry.

Question - when there's a big civil judgement is there like a performance bond or some other financial risk instrument an appellant has put put up for the plaintiffs while they work through their various appeals?

On 10/21/2023 at 10:43 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Question - when there's a big civil judgement is there like a performance bond or some other financial risk instrument an appellant has put put up for the plaintiffs while they work through their various appeals?

Yes.  When there's any judgment of any size, if the appellant (party appealing) wants to "stay" or temporarily halt efforts to collect a judgment, they must file a bond in at least the amount of the judgment (usually judgment plus post-judgement interest, and maybe attorneys fees).  Trump filed one in the Carroll case.

The fun part is that no one grants these like bail bonds, on a percentage, You almost always have to put up the cash, either directly deposited with the court or with a financial institution who issues a bond or similar instrument to the court.

I don't remember hearing about it, but I guess Jones appealed the TX and CT verdicts?

Unfortunately, here, the bankruptcy prevents collection actions during the pendency of the bankruptcy, so he probably didn't attempt to post any bonds in those appeals, not that he could have.  The bankruptcy does, however, impose some limitations on his ability to transfer assets without committing bankruptcy fraud.  Unfortunately, it doesn't impose too many restraints on what he/his companies can do with current income.

An underlying assumption of knowledge here:  Once you have a judgment from a civil court, unless it's a small amount or a Fortune 500 defendant, you are probably going to have to continue judicial proceedings to collect that judgment, including discovery (depositions, production of documents, etc.) of the identity, location, and recent "disposition" of any assets.  It's quite a pain in the ass, unfortunately.

And if you have a multi-million or billion dollar judgment against anyone, it's going to be a pain in the ass getting all of it. See Texaco filing bankruptcy in light of the Pennzoil case; see also Smith International filing bankruptcy in light of the Hughes Tool Co. patent judgment and many other examples.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Maybe worth mentioning here, but any time you file a bankruptcy, your assets become part of the bankruptcy estate, which is managed at least theoretically by the bankruptcy Trustee for the benefit of creditors.  That means, typically, that you can't buy, sell, or obtain credit without the consent of the Trustee or his/her designee.  And any sneaky-snake transactions subject you to the usual state-law remedies (fraudulent transfer) some extra bankruptcy remedies, and criminal prosecution for bankruptcy fraud, which is srs business.

In Chapter 11 proceedings, though, the debtor remains in possession of these assets (really probably all Chapters, at least until they are sold), and can continue to operate the business of the debtor under light court supervision (creditors and other interested parties are able to object to management and spending decisions, but it tends to be kind of a "business judgment rule" thing where the debtor entity continues to spend at its usual high, if not profligate, rates, ostensibly to run the business for the benefit of the creditors).

This of course makes a certain amount of sense when the debtor in possession is J&J and a whole lot less sense when the debtors are Alex Jones and Free Speech Systems.  More often than not, creditors are going to be better off with J&J as an ongoing business dedicating some of its revenue to satisfying credtors than in a fire-sale liquidation.  Not necessarily true of Jonesco.

So that kind of explains why Jones has been permitted to run his businesses like a drunken sailor.  Because that's the way they always have been run and have made a fairly astonishing amount of money.  I do believe there have been some efforts to rein in his personal and business spending that have been successful.

Also, I believe these rulings are related only to his personal bankruptcy, so these judgment creditors will be able to pursue Jones to the grave.  However, they probably do not apply to his business(es) that are in bankruptcy.  So, FSS, which I am virtually certain is in Chapter 11, may make a provision in its plan to pay, say 50% of the judgments over the next 10-20 years, but any unpaid balance they can still chase Jones himself for.  That might be the best of both worlds for the plaintiffs:  be relatively assured of some money at least, while they harasseth and eat out the substance of Alex Jones.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Maybe worth mentioning here, but any time you file a bankruptcy, your assets become part of the bankruptcy estate, which is managed at least theoretically by the bankruptcy Trustee for the benefit of creditors.  That means, typically, that you can't buy, sell, or obtain credit without the consent of the Trustee or his/her designee.  And any sneaky-snake transactions subject you to the usual state-law remedies (fraudulent transfer) some extra bankruptcy remedies, and criminal prosecution for bankruptcy fraud, which is srs business.
In Chapter 11 proceedings, though, the debtor remains in possession of these assets (really probably all Chapters, at least until they are sold), and can continue to operate the business of the debtor under light court supervision (creditors and other interested parties are able to object to management and spending decisions, but it tends to be kind of a "business judgment rule" thing where the debtor entity continues to spend at its usual high, if not profligate, rates, ostensibly to run the business for the benefit of the creditors).
This of course makes a certain amount of sense when the debtor in possession is J&J and a whole lot less sense when the debtors are Alex Jones and Free Speech Systems.  More often than not, creditors are going to be better off with J&J as an ongoing business dedicating some of its revenue to satisfying credtors than in a fire-sale liquidation.  Not necessarily true of Jonesco.
So that kind of explains why Jones has been permitted to run his businesses like a drunken sailor.  Because that's the way they always have been run and have made a fairly astonishing amount of money.  I do believe there have been some efforts to rein in his personal and business spending that have been successful.
Also, I believe these rulings are related only to his personal bankruptcy, so these judgment creditors will be able to pursue Jones to the grave.  However, they probably do not apply to his business(es) that are in bankruptcy.  So, FSS, which I am virtually certain is in Chapter 11, may make a provision in its plan to pay, say 50% of the judgments over the next 10-20 years, but any unpaid balance they can still chase Jones himself for.  That might be the best of both worlds for the plaintiffs:  be relatively assured of some money at least, while they harasseth and eat out the substance of Alex Jones.

Twice is correct.

A bit more detail - Jones threaded the needle and was able to file FSS under the relatively new sub V provision of chapter 11 which was created during covid for small businesses and is more debtor friendly. Jones will soon attempt to confirm a debtor friendly sub V plan for FSS which will call for a shorter plan term and lower payout rate than the creditors want. That part is unfortunate but the good news is the over $1.1 billion judgment against him personally cannot be discharged and, unless the discharge finding is flipped on appeal, will never go away unless settled or satisfied in full.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

While I respect y'alls expertise and appreciate your willingness to educate me (although I how I never personally need any of this knowledge), I'm really only here for the finding out portion of Alex Jones's life.

You got any of that for me?

I'll take anything... heckling at a restaurant? Pissing on his shoes at a urinal?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, tchookem said:

While I respect y'alls expertise and appreciate your willingness to educate me (although I how I never personally need any of this knowledge), I'm really only here for the finding out portion of Alex Jones's life.

You got any of that for me?

I'll take anything... heckling at a restaurant? Pissing on his shoes at a urinal?

Well, I can make an educated guess as to this:

For many years into the future, Alex Jones' life is going to be a series of interrogatories to answer under oath, requests for production, motions to compel responses to same with attorneys fees and sanctions for failure to respond or respond truthfully, and depositions about what he's done with his money.  Add in lawsuits against his friends, family and any business associates he gave any substantial sum of money.  And lots and lots of attorneys fees.

That won't be pleasant at all, even for a psychopath like him.

• Like 3
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

For many years into the future, Alex Jones' life is going to be a series of interrogatories to answer under oath, requests for production, motions to compel responses to same with attorneys fees and sanctions for failure to respond or respond truthfully, and depositions about what he's done with his money.  Add in lawsuits against his friends, family and any business associates he gave any substantial sum of money.  And lots and lots of attorneys fees.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1

Thank you. That really helps.

I'm still gonna piss on his dick if we're next to each other at a trough.

31 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Negged! God damn lawyers! If you do something bad, you should pay all of the damages right away. Like in weeks or months!! 

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, tchookem said:

Thank you. That really helps.

You might get your chance, if you go to federal prison that is.  Cheesedick, who just cut a deal in Atlanta, was with Jones on Jan. 6th.  That part of all this isn't done, and there is reportedly a grand jury operating in DC.  It only makes sense that he would cut a deal in Fulton County if he also already had or was planning to on the Federal side of things, and remember he was an co-conspirator on the Trump Jan 6th charges.  As much as I want to see the guy broke, seeing him broke and in prison sounds a bit better.  Here's to hoping that is sooner than later.  

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, tchookem said:

While I respect y'alls expertise and appreciate your willingness to educate me (although I how I never personally need any of this knowledge),

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

22 minutes ago, tchookem said:

Wait, if it’s not Alex Jones, you don’t piss on their dick?

• Like 1

When I was in grad school at UT in early 1990s, Alex Jones was fringe lunatic on a "community access" channel on local Austin TV, an ultra low-budget set-up with a handful of cult viewers. The local Marxists also had a show. I used to see him around UT and the Drag on occasion, looking for anyone to listen to his BS. Then something called the "internet" arrived and Jones was able to find a national and global audience for his unhinged conspiracy theories, InfoWars, etc. Eventually having Trump as a guest on his radio program, streamed online, if I recall.

That, 25-30 years later, Alex F*cking Jones is advising Trump and leading a violent insurrection to overthrow democracy just shows how utterly deranged are a huge portion of Americans, 35-45%. A collapse of epic proportion as our basic education systems are being overwhelmed by the insanity of online conspiracy theories, anti-science BS, religious fanaticism, and cult worshipping. 

We're in big trouble! 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1