Alex Jones

Hornius Emeritus

I also heard early Alex Jones, on the radio in the late 90s. I honestly thought it was a bit, like an Evil Wrasslin character.

I knew a girl who broke up with her boyfriend because the dude started parroting Jones. I was amazed that anybody thought he was real.

I was also the same guy who took a job in College Station not long after. All those stories couldn't be real, can they?

• 4 weeks later...

Lulz Surly: when the fuck is Jones, Donald, Rudy, Bannon, Flynn etc etc going to fucking find out??? 

Surly lawyers: well it's a complicated process, the law is actually working as it's supposed to, if you read the articles....

Maga freaks: Listen, Mr. United States Law Dog. Law don't go around here. Savvy?

Surly lawyers:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/22/2023 at 7:43 PM, BevoAbyss said:

Then something called the "internet" arrived and Jones was able to find a national and global audience for his unhinged conspiracy theories, InfoWars, etc

It coincides with his Bohemian Grove infiltration, which is what really made him a national name, because all of the sudden a conspiracy theorist got inside the Sooper Sekrut Republican hangout that Nixon hated, and a generation of fanbois was born.

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I heart Maya very much. She did a great job at trial.

Thankfully I know her from things that have nothing to do with her day job, and yeah, she's awesome, and not somebody you would want to cross.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:18 PM, Chad Fuck said:

That’s 11 years of Alex suffering. I’m cool with that.

yeah, suffering all the way to the bank.

On 10/22/2023 at 6:12 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I can make an educated guess as to this:

For many years into the future, Alex Jones' life is going to be a series of interrogatories to answer under oath, requests for production, motions to compel responses to same with attorneys fees and sanctions for failure to respond or respond truthfully, and depositions about what he's done with his money.  Add in lawsuits against his friends, family and any business associates he gave any substantial sum of money.  And lots and lots of attorneys fees.

That won't be pleasant at all, even for a psychopath like him.

Oh noes, he's going to have to sit for depositions and pay attorneys. How unpleasant. 

• Rage+1 1

On 10/22/2023 at 6:12 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I can make an educated guess as to this:

For many years into the future, Alex Jones' life is going to be a series of interrogatories to answer under oath, requests for production, motions to compel responses to same with attorneys fees and sanctions for failure to respond or respond truthfully, and depositions about what he's done with his money.  Add in lawsuits against his friends, family and any business associates he gave any substantial sum of money.  And lots and lots of attorneys fees.

That won't be pleasant at all, even for a psychopath like him.

He choose long ago to be a huge cunt, it was his choice. So fuck him. I hope the finding out part only gets worst for him

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

• Hook 'Em 3

When I was in grad school at UT in early 1990s, Alex Jones was fringe lunatic on a "community access" channel on local Austin TV, an ultra low-budget set-up with a handful of cult viewers. The local Marxists also had a show. I used to see him around UT and the Drag on occasion, looking for anyone to listen to his BS. Then something called the "internet" arrived and Jones was able to find a national and global audience for his unhinged conspiracy theories, InfoWars, etc. Eventually having Trump as a guest on his radio program, streamed online, if I recall.

That, 25-30 years later, Alex F*cking Jones is advising Trump and leading a violent insurrection to overthrow democracy just shows how utterly deranged are a huge portion of Americans, 35-45%. A collapse of epic proportion as our basic education systems are being overwhelmed by the insanity of online conspiracy theories, anti-science BS, religious fanaticism, and cult worshipping. 

We're in big trouble! 

Bumping this because I was really disappointed that Austin Access really sucked when I moved back.   It was fucking awesome in the 80’s when you had nothing to do but get stoned and watch.  

Edited by CTC2

When I was in grad school at UT in early 1990s, Alex Jones was fringe lunatic on a "community access" channel on local Austin TV, an ultra low-budget set-up with a handful of cult viewers. The local Marxists also had a show. I used to see him around UT and the Drag on occasion, looking for anyone to listen to his BS. Then something called the "internet" arrived and Jones was able to find a national and global audience for his unhinged conspiracy theories, InfoWars, etc. Eventually having Trump as a guest on his radio program, streamed online, if I recall.

That, 25-30 years later, Alex F*cking Jones is advising Trump and leading a violent insurrection to overthrow democracy just shows how utterly deranged are a huge portion of Americans, 35-45%. A collapse of epic proportion as our basic education systems are being overwhelmed by the insanity of online conspiracy theories, anti-science BS, religious fanaticism, and cult worshipping. 

We're in big trouble! 

Remember when the internet was going to democratize knowledge? And now look where we are. Thanks to the web, people may actually be more stupid, if that's possible  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

We're in big trouble! 

My question is, are Maga-tards more deranged now thanks to the internet, or were they always this level of stupid?  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

My question is, are Maga-tards more deranged now thanks to the internet, or were they always this level of stupid?  

Billy Bob Thornton Goliath GIF by Amazon Prime Video

The key thing is that they are able to easily find one another thanks to the internet and social media, and they are easily able to reinforce their dumbshit views.  

They were always this stupid, but in the past, the crazies didn't have an audience approving of their craziness, and didn't have bot farms/influencers telling them it's okay to say and do stupid shit, and so it was easier for family/friends/co-workers to keep them in check.

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The key thing is that they are able to easily find one another thanks to the internet and social media, and they are easily able to reinforce their dumbshit views.  

They were always this stupid, but in the past, the crazies didn't have an audience approving of their craziness, and didn't have bot farms/influencers telling them it's okay to say and do stupid shit, and so it was easier for family/friends/co-workers to keep them in check.

They've always been crazy, but they had to seek each other out at gun shows on the weekends hours from home, or send self addressed stamped envelopes off to get a newsletter from someone.  

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

They've always been crazy, but they had to seek each other out at gun shows on the weekends hours from home, or send self addressed stamped envelopes off to get a newsletter from someone.  

1234.  Now they can get that craziness reinforced 24/7 by taking 10 seconds to pull out their phones and load their favorite social media app.

At least back in the day, the crazies had to work at being crazy.

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Remember when the internet was going to democratize knowledge? And now look where we are. Thanks to the web, people may actually be more stupid, if that's possible  

I just read that "OsAMa BiN LaDeN maDe SoME gOoD pOiNTs!!1" is currently hot right now with Gen Z on TikTok. We're truly in the dumbest fucking timeline.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 4 weeks later...

He says Austin is becoming Los Angeles and there's crime all over the place, because Austin fired a bunch of police and then a third of the Austin police quit.

Lots of New World Order stuff.

White liberal women over 45 with cucked husbands are destroying the country.

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, Restless Native said:

I agree, Alex. Austin is terrible. You should move. We have people to help you pack.

Fuck people. Let's use the Reptilians.

Pound for pound, they are stronger than people, and can move him more quickly.

We will have to make sure the sun is out though...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He says Austin is becoming Los Angeles and there's crime all over the place, because Austin fired a bunch of police and then a third of the Austin police quit.

Lots of New World Order stuff.

White liberal women over 45 with cucked husbands are destroying the country.

My Aunt in Houston asked me at Thanksgiving if I still feel safe living in Austin with all the violent crime since all the cops quit.  She looked genuinely concerned.

I think about 1/3 of the country now pictures Austin as the inside of a New York subway car circa 1987 -- just brown people, graffiti, switchblades, and crack everywhere.

Whatever it takes to keep them from moving here, I guess.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 7:05 PM, Bullneck said:

Man whose lies about the families of murdered children cost him a billion dollar verdict white knights for a man who tried to overthrow America's democracy based on lies that cost Fox News three quarters of a billion dollars and Rudy Giuliani a 140 million dollar verdict.

• Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

• 1 month later...

The families of Sandy Hook school shooting victims voted overwhelmingly in favor of a plan to wrap up Alex Jones’ bankruptcy proceedings by liquidating the right wing talk show host’s assets.

Jones’ general unsecured creditors—comprised mostly of Sandy Hook families holding about $1.5 billion in defamation judgments against the famed conspiracy theorist—voted 100% in favor of a Chapter 11 plan that would methodically liquidate and redistribute his property and cash, while preserving potential legal actions against parties affiliated with Jones and his Infowars program.

An official committee appointed to represent Jones’ unsecured creditors notified the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas on Feb. 16 that of 23 liquidation plan ballots distributed to creditors, it received 21 back—all supporting the committee’s liquidation proposal.

The vote indicates the creditors’ preference over a competing plan submitted by Jones that would allow him to reorganize by preserving parts of his media empire and paying the group at least $5.5 million a year over 10 years. His plan would provide additional creditor recoveries out of disposable income from Jones’ bankrupt Infowars parent company, portions of Jones’ personal income, and the proceeds from selling various personal assets.

No ballot tabulation for Jones’ plan has been submitted to the court yet.

The parties are scheduled to hold plan approval hearing in late March.

Jones filed for Chapter 11 protection in December 2022, after being hit with state court judgments for repeatedly calling the 2012 massacre of elementary school students and teachers a hoax. Bankruptcy Judge Christopher Lopez ruled last year that Jones can’t discharge the defamation awards because those debts stemmed from intentional and malicious conduct.

Jones is represented by Crowe & Dunlevy PC and Jordan & Ortiz PC.

The creditors’ committee is represented by Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP.

The case is In re Alexander E. Jones, Bankr. S.D. Tex., No. 22-33553, notice filed 2/16/24.

To contact the reporter on this story: Alex Wolf in New York at awolf@bloomberglaw.com

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Does this mean he actually is entering the FO phase or are there more appeals to come?

Judge has to approve any plan of reorganization.  A minimum requirement is that one class of creditors has to approve the plan, a class of creditors that will take a haircut under the plan or is impaired. 

Generally speaking, secured creditors are not impaired unless they were under secured as of the petition date (collateral worth less than debt). That leaves unsecured creditors. 

I don't know what other impaired creditors may exist that might approve or object to the plan. 

This is a nice start, though. 

I find it difficult to believe that a judge will approve a plan that lets Jones live lavishly while delaying payment to the Sandy Hook plaintiffs.

But often, legitimate businesses are permitted to operate as normal or close to it while funding a chapter 11 plan.  But those creditors getting hosed are voluntary meaning they extended some form of credit to the debtor and deserve to take a haircut, while these creditors are involuntary.  Then again the amount owed is somewhat arbitrary. 

As a general observation, a bankruptcy judge can be pro-debtor or pro-creditor, and most start a case as the former because that's the purpose of it.  But they can turn on the debtor for a variety of reasons, mostly related to a sense of abuse of the bankruptcy code.  This would seem to be a good candidate for that. 

@Chad Fuck can confirm or deny the accuracy of this. There are some special provisions related to small businesses that are implicated here that I don't know much about, but I think the above is generally accurate. 

• Like 1

Judge has to approve any plan of reorganization.  A minimum requirement is that one class of creditors has to approve the plan, a class of creditors that will take a haircut under the plan or is impaired. 
Generally speaking, secured creditors are not impaired unless they were under secured as of the petition date (collateral worth less than debt). That leaves unsecured creditors. 
I don't know what other impaired creditors may exist that might approve or object to the plan. 
This is a nice start, though. 
I find it difficult to believe that a judge will approve a plan that lets Jones live lavishly while delaying payment to the Sandy Hook plaintiffs.

But often, legitimate businesses are permitted to operate as normal or close to it while funding a chapter 11 plan.  But those creditors getting hosed are voluntary meaning they extended some form of credit to the debtor and deserve to take a haircut, while these creditors are involuntary.  Then again the amount owed is somewhat arbitrary. 
As a general observation, a bankruptcy judge can be pro-debtor or pro-creditor, and most start a case as the former because that's the purpose of it.  But they can turn on the debtor for a variety of reasons, mostly related to a sense of abuse of the bankruptcy code.  This would seem to be a good candidate for that. 
[mention=699]Chad Fuck[/mention] can confirm or deny the accuracy of this. There are some special provisions related to small businesses that are implicated here that I don't know much about, but I think the above is generally accurate. 

Agree with this take. It’s been a long long while since I’ve dealt with what is essentially a personal bk masking as a corporate bk. I will say there is a tremendous amount of scrutiny on the SDTX BK court right now. So this judge is going to be very deliberate (slow) in processing this case. It will draw the kind of attention the Judges there don’t want. SDTX already has a rep of being friendly to debtors - too friendly in a lot of people’s eyes. Bad publicity from this could cause problems. I know the law shouldn’t be influenced this way, but bk courts are particularly sensitive to it for myriad reasons.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If you have money, you never have to face consequences. US statute 8.00.8.S

You can postpone but you can't usually entirely avoid, see, eg, 100M in prejudgment interest for dotard. Delay has benefits and drawbacks. 

• 3 weeks later...

The left has misunderstood what my intention was in posting this meme. I am taking about the road warrior collapse that has already begun because of the policy's of The Great Reset. I am taking about Cannibalism as defined as the consumption of another human's flesh. 10 days without food and over 80% of people start eating each other. You guys want to bring down civilization so I just wanted to warn you.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
mo info
  • Haha 1

Sandy Hook was a hoax - Won't back down or try to clarify comments, even if it costs him hundreds of millions.

Imply some gay stuff - "Whoa, whoa, whoa, hang on, that's not what I meant!"

What an alpha.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Yeah....have you seen Alex these days?

yjlK6qDVHVWMOF0ZkzLfdY1VmuUr9LcUKe_-8u1a

That's what folks in the meat biz call a "roaster pig."

Alex, I got bad news....if it gets down to people shopping for live meat, you're front-and-center of the display case.  Oh, and you're dumb enough to think you're the only one with slaughtering equipment.  Fat and dumb -- yep, that's what you want in livestock.

• Haha 1