Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

10 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Texas is in frequent contact with Louisiana prospect Midget Amputee Gangbang.  The coaching staff is reaching out from all angles as they turn up the heat in this recruitment.  Sources say LSU is also interested in Midget Amputee Gangbang and may try to cut out our knees from under us, but they’re expected to come up short in that effort.

So at the home visit, does Kelly say he's here for the Gangbang?

7 hours ago, realgreggym said:

Yes. I was. I don't know who he was talking about.

Yes, you compared Deonta Foreman being a low 3 star people didn’t want to Akana, who is the #79 prospect in the entire country that some people think is overrated and has a low ceiling. Do you think those two situations are at all similar? The only similarity I see is that your response to both would be “Trust the corches!!!” 

19 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Texas is in frequent contact with Louisiana prospect Midget Amputee Gangbang.  The coaching staff is reaching out from all angles as they turn up the heat in this recruitment.  Sources say LSU is also interested in Midget Amputee Gangbang and may try to cut out our knees from under us, but they’re expected to come up short in that effort.

Shark Tank Writing GIF

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yes, you compared Deonta Foreman being a low 3 star people didn’t want to Akana, who is the #79 prospect in the entire country that some people think is overrated and has a low ceiling. Do you think those two situations are at all similar? The only similarity I see is that your response to both would be “Trust the corches!!!” 

Wrong. I pointed out a situation where posters thought that coaches wasted a scholarship, and the posters were wrong. That was my point. And I will trust the coaches over 99% of the posters every time.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, realgreggym said:

Wrong. I pointed out a situation where posters thought that coaches wasted a scholarship, and the posters were wrong. That was my point. And I will trust the coaches over 99% of the posters every time.

We fucking know, dipshit. You're still stanning Shawn Watson's offensive scheme. You might as well try to tell us water is wet or that you don't relate to millennials.

You can google stanning to find the definition, dingus. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Even if some folks don't think Akana has a NFL 1st round draft pick ceiling, I think Akana is worth high floor take becuz none of the other EDGE's UT has on campus & are recruiting '23 class is a high-motor speed rusher that Akana is.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The next fucking moron who wants to whine about Akana's ceiling should be beaten with lead pipes until unconscious, and when they deliriously come to, they should be shown a picture of this guy, and then beaten again until unconscious. Rinse and repeat until the first thing they say when they wake up is "VAN FILLINGER VAN FILLINGER!"

image.thumb.png.5f6ffb07947a16526e4be1526c432b2c.png

These were too good not to post. Just a friendly reminder. Fillinger had 41 tackles, 9.5 TFL and 5.5 sacks as a redshirt freshman last year. 

On 7/18/2019 at 9:36 PM, markstanco said:

Okay, gotta ask. I click on this thread daily because I enjoy it. But I cant recall Van Fillinger coming up. Per 247C he is #373 and a 3 star looking at regional schools mainly like Utah, byu, colorado, BSU, etc. A few roll your eyes offers from michigan and tosu.

Can somebody tell me why this guy is a great get? I'm in no way discounting him, he may be great but I am obviously missing something. A team full of #373's in the country equals kansas state.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:17 PM, markstanco said:

Then why is he #373 and not sitting in front of nick sabens desk. That's my point. Like I said he may be a badass, but none of the blue bloods seem to care nor do the agencies.

On 7/18/2019 at 11:45 PM, markstanco said:
On 7/18/2019 at 11:37 PM, lemonandaturd said:
Yes, and tell that Markstanco dude why this is a good thing.  

Also tell that dumbass markstanco why he is at 373 and this is an awesome get.

On 7/18/2019 at 11:51 PM, markstanco said:
On 7/18/2019 at 11:03 PM, Chili dog said:
People probably asked Saban why he took Josh Jacobs. OU offered late and Texas never offered. I’m pretty sure he was a 3*. Sometimes you have to watch the film (highlights) and do your homework. 

Sweet, so saban hit on a 3 star, and you already have van playing on sundays. You are absolutely missing my point.

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, jeevsie said:

Not a fair comparison.  He plays Edge, not EDGE.

At least he’s not an edge. 

47 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We really need the Pirate to beat LSU this weekend.  Tired of seeing guys like Toviano and Simmons getting Fong'd to LSU and that asshole Kelly.

I’d like to actually see Toviano show up in Austin. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

These were too good not to post. Just a friendly reminder. Fillinger had 41 tackles, 9.5 TFL and 5.5 sacks as a redshirt freshman last year. 

Now I remember why I don’t like that mother fucker (markstanko)

Edited by Chili dog
Identification
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

There's a reason that his name is a participle. A thread getting "Stanko'd" is a thing.

Yeah, I don’t see him as much on the recruiting board. I know the name and that he’s obnoxious. I just couldn’t remember what had happened between him and me until I saw Burt’s post. 

Five-star linebacker Anthony Hill talks Texas contact, Sark visiting for game, Texas A&M official visit

Hudson Standish

Spoiler

Five-star linebacker Anthony Hill talks Texas contact, Sark visiting for game, Texas A&M official visit

Hudson Standish

The Texas 2023 class has been full of major recruiting victories including the nation's No. 1 player Arch Manning, five-stars Johntay Cook and Derek Williams, along with major priorities Malik Muhammad and Cedric Baxter. However, the biggest loss for the Longhorns on the recruiting trail was undoubtedly on July 30th when Denton Ryan five-star linebacker Anthony Hill committed to in-state rival Texas A&M on an unofficial visit after narrowing it down to just the Longhorns and Aggies.

Texas made it clear though that they would recruit Hill until through the whistle and subsequently turned up the heat following week two of the college football season.

Horns247 made the trip to C.H. Collins Stadium in Denton to talk with Hill about his recruitment after Denton Ryan's 56-0 drubbing of district opponent Saginaw.

"We have a really young team this year so after an early setback we're finally starting to get into a rhythm," he said. "We've gotten better each week and a game like this where the younger guys took over in the second half really helps to build confidence."

Earlier in the week DeSoto five-star wideout and Texas commit Johntay Cook caused a stir when he tweeted to Hill "It ain't too late" and the public momentum continued yesterday with both Steve Sarkisian and linebackers coach Jeff Choate showing up to Hill's thursday night game against Saginaw.

"I wasn't surprised to see them at the game because Coach Sark and Coach Choate let me know that they were coming by to see me the other day," he said. "It was great to say what's up to them because they're both cool people. I'm still locked into Texas A&M but those coaches, Arch, and Johntay are all staying in touch with me."

In addition to the recruits in the Texas 2023 class recruiting him to Austin, some of Hill's closest friends are making an impact early in the season for Texas in Ja'Tavion Sanders, Austin Jordan, and Ryan Watts.

"I was so proud of Austin (Jordan) getting out there and playing vs. Alabama. That's my guy and honestly he was balling," said Hill. "In addition to JT (Sanders) and Austin, there are a lot of my True Buzz teammates at Texas as well. Ryan Watts I've known him for a long time, so getting to see those guys play made me really happy."

Hill will use an official visit to Texas A&M this weekend for the Aggies' home matchup against top 15 Miami.

"I just want to see Texas A&M play hard really," said Hill. "I feel like everything will come into place if they just play hard and the defense starts to fly around to the ball."

It'll be a tough task for Texas to flip Hill from Texas A&M, but Steve Sarkisian and company have proven that they'll hang in tough recruiting battles for elite prospects until all papers are signed as evidenced by their work last season on Kelvin Banks, Terrance Brooks, Cam Williams.

At 6-foot-2, 225 pounds Hill is ranked as the No. 17 prospect in the nation according to 247Sports. Hill also ranks as the No. 1 linebacker in the country and the No. 3 recruit from the state of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

"I just want to see Texas A&M play hard really," said Hill. "I feel like everything will come into place if they just play hard and the defense starts to fly around to the ball."

Translation: "Nobody looks like they want to fucking be there, they said I'm the missing piece, but if no one else wants to put in the effort, why would I?"

• Hook 'Em 5