Texas opens as a 10.5 point underdog v Oklahoma

TexasMan

Thanks to [mention=421]Elmer_Fudd[/mention] for this Instagram post
GameDay crew discussion on betting line of Texas vs blOU, followed by jokes about Aggy not winning big games at Kyle Field.....

Holeeeee shit, thanks for the motivation Kirk! Orlando should play this dumbass shit talking our defense on repeat all week.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Did you read the OU 247 article smart ass?  That's what it was in response to.

Can you read the fucking edit I made 2 minutes before you even posted? Calm the fuck down, dipshit.

Edited by wood

Every year, I tell myself, "This is the year I don't drink during the ou game." This year, I'm using reverse psychology on myself, and I've already bought my pre-pregame 6-pack of dark beer, my pregame rum and my in-game whiskey. I've also got some Royal Madre sativa to chill my out during commercial breaks. I've even got a couple of bumps of you know what ready if an emergency comes up. And some blubirds. So I think it is a safe but I will be drug and alcohol free for this game. Finally.

• Like 2

We're underdogs pretty much every year to these meth-riddled, trailer dwellers, and I fully expect us to win. Sam ain't gonna let us lose. Plus we get CJ back, Rojo is a monster, Smith and Duv will go wild. My only concern is can Jamison and Cook step it up? Gonna be a close game as usual, but this team doesn't quit, and our o-line is fucking stout. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We're underdogs pretty much every year to these meth-riddled, trailer dwellers, and I fully expect us to win. Sam ain't gonna let us lose. Plus we get CJ back, Rojo is a monster, Smith and Duv will go wild. My only concern is can Jamison and Cook step it up? Gonna be a close game as usual, but this team doesn't quit, and our o-line is fucking stout. 

Yeah man.

OU is soft as shit. We are going to beat the fuck out of them.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Every year, I tell myself, "This is the year I don't drink during the ou game." This year, I'm using reverse psychology on myself, and I've already bought my pre-pregame 6-pack of dark beer, my pregame rum and my in-game whiskey. I've also got some Royal Madre sativa to chill my out during commercial breaks. I've even got a couple of bumps of you know what ready if an emergency comes up. And some blubirds. So I think it is a safe but I will be drug and alcohol free for this game. Finally.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Phenomenal strategy. Only thing you left out was the postgame hooker.

29 minutes ago, Pancho said:

ESPN's SP+ predicts ou has a 77% chance to win vs Texas yet a 68% chance to win against Baylor. 

wtf?

S&P is screwy w/r/t Texas and has been for a couple of years. There was a long thread at IT about it, but basically the way Texas has played generally under Herman (not a ton of explosive plays, playing up/down to opponent, etc) it is really hard to predict what you are going to do week in and out.

now that Bill C is at ESPN I don't think they are releasing the underlying numbers to Football Outsiders anymore, so I can't point out some things specifically to try and explain it, sorry

Edited by NoName

19 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

OU fans think refs calling (or not calling) holding is to their detriment? That’s rich. 

OU is 129/130 in penalty yards, averaging 90.75 penalty yards per game with 33 penalties recorded over 4 games.  

The Texas average is 53 ypg with 24 penalties recorded over the last 4 games, 10 of those coming from the attempted robbery in Morgantown.

• Like 2