Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

16 hours ago, TXpride said:

None of that shit would matter if we were winning. Most people here loved the Mizzou thing at the time because we were kicking their ass.

Yes that is my point.  He is not winning so his act has worn thin.  I thought he looked like a fool at the Mizzou game.  You think Saban or any coach worth a damn would be doing that crap.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Recovering from a knee injury, shitty S&C program, needing the most coaching (our QB coaching blows) of all our QB’s currently but he’s the starter next year. It’s incredible how god damn stupid you can be while being the most judgmental prick on surly. 

I don't know about the judgmental part . . .

6 hours ago, CUM2TX said:

if Sam doesn't like Tom, why doesn't he audible more often?

Same Catch 22 we are all in.  He wants to win but kinda doesn’t.  

3 hours ago, futureman said:

that’s hot. 

my favorite thing about futureman is that I actually think he posted his ID photo as his avatar and that his name may literally be futureman

19 minutes ago, jinx said:

Same Catch 22 we are all in.  He wants to win but kinda doesn’t.  

my favorite thing about futureman is that I actually think he posted his ID photo as his avatar and that his name may literally be futureman

It's from bottlerocket. Which I didn't realize until a few weeks ago.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:45 PM, troph said:

Y’all know Texas is more likely to muck this situation up? Anyone banking on Meyer coming to Texas right now is a fool. And fools can be right (like a broken clock or a blind squirrel), but the odds favor us falling back on our “we’re Texas” pedigree and being the laughing stock of big time programs in this debacle (along with Michigan).

All this crap doesn't matter.  If he did decide to come, after whatever period of time it is, he'd wind up grabbing his head, heart, nuts or whatever else he could use for an excuse, claim health risks and be gone again.

Yes that is my point.  He is not winning so his act has worn thin.  I thought he looked like a fool at the Mizzou game.  You think Saban or any coach worth a damn would be doing that crap.
Let me dig around on insta and FB to find that pic of saban with a gold grill. BRB....

10 hours ago, thepop said:

I have a friend close to Sam, and while this topic hasn't been discussed, I do know that Sam is very open about his hate for Tom. If it wasn't for his love of Texas he would have probably left already.

Based on that, I have to think that there is a chance he could return if Urban comes in. Especially if this season doesn't end in a win over OU.

Sam is the 3rd best QB on this roster next year. If a new coaching staff is in place, there is no guarantee he's starting, and he shouldn't be guaranteed QB1. He's done his best, but Sam needs to move on.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

All this crap doesn't matter.  If he did decide to come, after whatever period of time it is, he'd wind up grabbing his head, heart, nuts or whatever else he could use for an excuse, claim health risks and be gone again.

Would that be after one or two championships?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Sam is the 3rd best QB on this roster next year. If a new coaching staff is in place, there is no guarantee he's starting, and he shouldn't be guaranteed QB1. He's done his best, but Sam needs to move on.

Lol. If Sam comes back he’d easily be QB1. In college, a bulldozer QB with an average arm can be almost unstoppable in the right system, other QB skills be damned. But his recent comments suggest he’s at peace with his college career and ready to move on. You’re looking at Thompson as the starter for the next 2 years at least.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, Woodrow Call said:

If Urban decides to coach again, there are probably only two schools that he'd seriously consider. Texas and USC. He'll want big resources and a major brand, although I don't believe the culture at USC is a good fit for him. He's already done Florida and Ohio State; OU and Alabama are not options; LSU is trashy and Baton Rouge is a hell hole; I wouldn't see him going to Michigan and facing his old program head to head.  Texas has the resources, the brand and is better culturally aligned with Urban. 

On 11/20/2020 at 9:47 AM, C-Man said:

Agreed. This is what I’m hanging my hat on.

If Urban is going to coach CFB again, the only school that will beat out Texas is Notre Dame. Texas has the fertile recruiting grounds for a fast turnaround and can pay 5x, but ND has the storied history, independent perks, strong team, and is closer to CUM's family (250mi). I believe it was also mentioned in this thread that ND was a possible landing spot after Urban left Florida. 

However, Brian Kelly signed an extension through 2024 in September. So that's a wash.

So if Urban returns to CFB it's USC or Texas. I doubt the woke admins at USC have the balls to hire Urban after Zach Smith. I also doubt CDC has the balls until he flops them on the table. 

On 11/21/2020 at 2:06 PM, futureman said:

hey, I’m on record as wanting urban here 100%.  it would make me a very happy man to have all of you to subscribe to my onlyfans and watch me get in there.  it’s just not going to happen, though.  he isn’t coming here and was never coming here.  hope and desperation has made all of you gullible little dipshits. 

Do you see him remaining retired through at least '21?

Or do you think he'll choose a different school over Texas if he returns to CFB?

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lol. If Sam comes back he’d easily be QB1. In college, a bulldozer QB with an average arm can be almost unstoppable in the right system, other QB skills be damned. But his recent comments suggest he’s at peace with his college career and ready to move on. You’re looking at Thompson as the starter for the next 2 years at least.

In the right system I would love to see Thompson excel man, he’s been the super rare team player in the transfer portal era. I hope he gets a chance and does well. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Seriously that's just dumb. Say what you will about his coaching and general attitude about things but no need to bring her into it. She obviously has her husband's back, wow what a huge surprise.

This. Whatever Michelle Herman does or doesn’t do on a daily basis has zero relevance when it comes to evaluating Tom Herman as a coach. It’s just people projecting their frustration with Tom. This site was in love with Michelle before 2019.

Has there been discussion of Ehlinger maybe coming back if we get Urban? The team has a lot of talent and could go a long way with a top coach. I wonder if Sam would consider sticking around to be part of returning Texas to the elite.
Please spare me the "he ain't staying and passing up millions." That's an obvious consideration. Some top flight college QBs have waited a year and include Peyton Manning and Matt Leinart. I think Vince only left because he thought Houston would draft him.
So there is a chance. I'm not predicting shit. I'm just wondering if there are any clues or good analyses.

i would think it would be best for him, his body and the team if this was his last season at Texas.  He's a tough guy, and let's be honest..right now the OL doesn't seem like it will be that much better heading into '21.  If you're going to get banged up..get paid for it.  

I have a friend close to Sam, and while this topic hasn't been discussed, I do know that Sam is very open about his hate for Tom. If it wasn't for his love of Texas he would have probably left already.
Based on that, I have to think that there is a chance he could return if Urban comes in. Especially if this season doesn't end in a win over OU.

He’s already accepted a Senior Bowl invite so I’m pretty sure that ship has sailed.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

This. Whatever Michelle Herman does or doesn’t do on a daily basis has zero relevance when it comes to evaluating Tom Herman as a coach. It’s just people projecting their frustration with Tom. This site was in love with Michelle before 2019.

You're putting too much sensible logic into this, whereas we're looking at the part where Fuck Tom and everything about Tom and that has to include his wife who is a little pistol and would no doubt jump on any one of our backs and take bites out of our heads and necks and whatever else in defense of her husband. And in case you haven't noticed, we're the ones she'd be defending him against.

I respect Michelle, I just don't trust her ass, so I'm gunna be on the offensive, and prepared. 

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

That’d require reading a defense

The language needed to audible to a better play may not even be in included in the offense. Could be a two-play audible system, in which a lot of times both plays are fucked. I dunno, haven't really taken a deep look into this year's offense. 

Edited by UncleBuck

"FUCK" is one of the widest-ranging words in the English language, in terms of intent.

Fuck #MensaTom may represent one edge of that range, and I agree with it, 100%.

Fuck Michelle certainly is close to the extreme opposite, to my preference. And for those of us who feel that way, I believe we are 100% correct. Stand by her man is what she is doing, and I expect no less of her than I would (and do) of Miz Long. I celebrate her acttions, if not the reasons for them.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

"FUCK" is one of the widest-ranging words in the English language, in terms of intent.

Fuck #MensaTom may represent one edge of that range, and I agree with it, 100%.

Fuck Michelle certainly is close to the extreme opposite, to my preference. And for those of us who feel that way, I believe we are 100% correct. Stand by her man is what she is doing, and I expect no less of her than I would (and do) of Miz Long. I celebrate her acttions, if not the reasons for them.

Right. As in "I don't give a fuck about Michelle Herman"

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Seems like a good time (either late today or early tomorrow) for another Urban to TEXAS hot nugget--   just something to really juice up the pressure on Turtle-Tom this Friday...  😁

I’m sure we could gin something up as long as truth or accuracy is irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

That’d require reading a defense

I’m sure you could teach Sam how to read defenses while playing for Tom herman lol. Running game working...check...let’s pass. Passing game working...check...let’s switch our receivers out this drive. Put Cade brewer out wide and let’s run a bubble screen. You just have to run a base defense and let Tom beat Texas himself. blOwU set the red river sack record blitzing 4 people all game. Sorry I ranted on you lmao. 

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

In the right system I would love to see Thompson excel man, he’s been the super rare team player in the transfer portal era. I hope he gets a chance and does well. 

i mean, outside of going into the portal, sure.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

The language needed to audible to a better play may not even be in included in the offense. Could be a two-play audible system, in which a lot of times both plays are fucked. I dunno, haven't really taken a deep look into this year's offense. 

Play clock does not allow enough time to flip through the binder for the correct call.

56 minutes ago, NoName said:

i mean, outside of going into the portal, sure.

Come on, he just put the tip in. You’ve never played just the tip? Futureman should really start playing that game with his own asshole, that way there’s no let down come show time when he can’t get his whole hand in. 

I don't see why it's necessary to villify a person that you want to see fired for good reason. For some, this seems to be more an excuse for vitriol than anything like an actual discussion. I don't see why it needs to spill from the Fire Tom Herman thread into any other possible venue. 

I was happy about the Herman hire. After beating Georgia, I thought we just might be where we wanted to be. But no, it's shitfights every week and failure too often. I want to move on. I'll even get behind Meyer. I don't hate Tom Herman.

Holier than thou? Maybe, but it doesn't feel like I'm clearing a very high bar to achieve holiness. 

To be clear: Fire Tom Herman. If Urban is available, I don't care if we win the conference. Herman is not the guy.

29 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Come on, he just put the tip in. You’ve never played just the tip? Futureman should really start playing that game with his own asshole, that way there’s no let down come show time when he can’t get his whole hand in. 

I’m going wrist-deep, bro.  the only question is whether or not you’ll get to see it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic