Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

The athletic department and the head of the entire UT admin just conducted a month-long courting of a potential coach, yet it's somehow their fault that Meyer doesn't want to return to coaching for personal reasons? Maybe sit this one out

Is Herman still employed? 

And we continue to show why we’re a fucking 2nd rate program.  CDC and the athletic department had since the ou game to figure this out.  I’m not spending another dime on this program as far as tickets go.   Meanwhile, ou, aggy, and even fucking LSU somehow find ways to compete for the CFP.  Recruiting is dead and the next guy walking in is going to have to deal with a split fan base.  Somehow aggy was able to get themselves into an actual conference, hire a coach with a championship ring, boost their facilities, recruiting, and compete for a playoff spot.

fuck Herman, fuck cdc, fuck this program.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:

I was sitting at an airport bar in 2008 when barry switzer announced ou was ahead of us in the bcs.

I'm sitting here thinking this feels pretty similar to that.

Both extreme low points in 12 years full of them.

I'll always love Texas, but if this news ends up being true (and I believe it is until something else is announced) I'm out for a while. With two young kids and a demanding job, it's already a stretch to make as much time to invest in this as I do. When I think about the returns on that time over the last 10 years...just can't justify it anymore.

Yep. Thinking about going back to school too. I don’t want to put the same amount of time in to football if we’re going to continue to suck balls.

Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So insiders all wrong 99% of the time but now everyone is flipping out because a insider said it’s over? Hahaha . 

I will wait for Urban to actually say he’s not coming because this changes every two hours when reality is nothing was ever gonna happen till after the Kansas game.

My guess is you’ll never hear a word from Urban. 

• Hook 'Em 2

if urban said no from the beginning then why did CDC let this shitshow go on for 6 weeks

Depends on whose info is correct. Leading up to this AM, CDC was organizing the whole thing. Come this morning, the big cigs were telling him to sit this one out and let then handle it. *Hopefully CDC’s been sitting on his backup plan this whole time.
Hopefully, it’s really not over yet.

*EDIT: hopefully CDC’s backup plan is worth a shit. Doubtful just because of what’s (not) out there. It most likely won’t move any needles, that’s for sure.

On 11/30/2020 at 2:22 PM, Hermanator said:

So what happens if he says no?

You can't keep Herman now in good faith as all this speculation and social media hounding of Meyer to Texas has completely lame ducked Herman. Any recruits know if he isn't going now he will be after next season pretty much no matter what. But there's no one else worth a shot to go after if Meyer says no, and definitely no one else worth paying the tens of millions to make Herman and his staff go away. 

By not coming out and saying they're 100 percent behind Herman and calling the social media stuff garbage the AD has put themselves in a horrible position where they've allowed social media to neuter their current coach without any backup plan worth a shit. Unless they feel like a Fickel or Campbell type hire is acceptable to pay all that buyout money and whole new contracts for a whole new staff. Which definitely doesn't seem like it would be to me.  

that's why you have to lie your ass off and be 100% behind the guy you have under contract publicly even if you aren't behind the scenes. I thought CDC was supposed to know this shit

This situation has come to fruition. CDC has completely botched this if Urban turns it down because now you have a head coach you completely neutered by not adamantly denying you're chasing after Urban and no back up plans that are worth the rich alumni paying $25 mil to get rid of Herman play whatever the cost for the new coaching staff. All he had to do was deny it at every turn and negotiate through back channel only and he wouldn't have a head coach who he can't raise the funds to fire yet is viewed by all potential recruits as a dead man walking who's boss just tried to replace him but botched it. 

The UT Admin deserves what they get here. They've played this with all the tact of a complete imbecile and have painted themselves into a corner dependant on one man saying yes. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Wasn’t Nahlin the one who used to do the blatantly false Big Cigar bit 10 years ago?  

People just need to accept the fact that the entire $9.95er industry is simply a bunch of conmen.  The ones that aren’t conmen are few and far between, and they’re the guys like Mike Roach who everyone hates and don’t last long because the whole point is people want someone to feed them drama, not “I don’t know” or whatever mundane reality is. 

Touts are not in the business of selling winners, they're in the business of selling touts.

Similarly, $9.95ers are not in the business of selling inside information, they're in the business of selling $9.95 subscriptions.

• Like 1

This looks like the end of the road, and if it is, then gentlemen (and ladies), it’s been an honor to have participated in this thread with you all. 

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that wastes his time with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Texas now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That posted with us upon Saint Urban’s  thread!

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So insiders all wrong 99% of the time but now everyone is flipping out because a insider said it’s over? Hahaha . 

I will wait for Urban to actually say he’s not coming because this changes every two hours when reality is nothing was ever gonna happen till after the Kansas game.

So night crew doesn’t get the night off?😟

And we continue to show why we’re a fucking 2nd rate program.  CDC and the athletic department had since the ou game to figure this out.  I’m not spending another dime on this program as far as tickets go.   Meanwhile, ou, aggy, and even fucking LSU somehow find ways to compete for the CFP.  Recruiting is dead and the next guy walking in is going to have to deal with a split fan base.  Somehow aggy was able to get themselves into an actual conference, hire a coach with a championship ring, boost their facilities, recruiting, and compete for a playoff spot.

fuck Herman, fuck cdc, fuck this program.  

What are they supposed to do? If he doesn't want to coach, he doesn't want to coach. By all accounts they have offered, and offered, and offered.

6 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

The athletic department and the head of the entire UT admin just conducted a month-long courting of a potential coach, yet it's somehow their fault that Meyer doesn't want to return to coaching for personal reasons? Maybe sit this one out

Herman should've been fired after OU. It was painfully obvious to everyone except CDC who fell for Tom's ccg bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

These recruits have been expecting Herman to be gone this whole time, most likely. Sucks we couldn’t give them something to look forward to.

I gotta believe he’s still gone. Any level of trust/confidence  is FUBAR after all of this. Keeping him now will ruin whatever is left of recruiting potential as he will always wear a lame duck label as long as he’s here. This was always the risk associated with going for the brass ring and missing it. Gotta hope for a good plan B to mitigate the damage.

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

Health has always been the one and only concern. If he doesn't coach here it is because he will not be coaching anywhere, ever. 

And I totally respect that. If he's done coaching, that's fine and we made him say no, which is all we can do. Mediocre football is going to suck, but it is what it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, CUM2TX said:

if urban said no from the beginning then why did CDC let this shitshow go on for 6 weeks

I think CDC probably did everything right but it just didn’t work out for reasons beyond his control.  Having said that, I think his job just got significantly much harder and suspect he is probably more disappointed than anyone on this Board.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Wasn’t Nahlin the one who used to do the blatantly false Big Cigar bit 10 years ago?  

People just need to accept the fact that the entire $9.95er industry is simply a bunch of conmen.  The ones that aren’t conmen are few and far between, and they’re the guys like Mike Roach who everyone hates and don’t last long because the whole point is people want someone to feed them drama, not “I don’t know” or whatever mundane reality is. 

That was Jesus, but I think they were somewhat on top of the Saban stuff.  Actually Eric still uses the cigar thing.

I gotta believe he’s still gone. Any level of trust/confidence  is FUBAR after all of this. Keeping him now will ruin whatever is left of recruiting potential as he will always wear a lame duck label as long as he’s here. This was always the risk associated with going for the brass ring and missing it. Gotta hope for a good plan B to mitigate the damage.

Not saying he isn’t gone, just saying recruiting has virtually been on pause for a month now with recruits expecting a coaching turnover. Saying I wish the situation had been fully resolved and they had Urban (something) to ponder.
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Quick question. All these "insiders" for days now have been saying health is not a concern. Now it is? Something doesn't smell right here. 

I would truly like to believe this is some kind of stealthy operation where Belmont is trying to feed false information to find the mole that’s been leaking all this shit. But ...

so in the end our BMDs can’t get it done. And when they do get shit done it’s the for the wrong mother fucking coach...

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

I think CDC probably did everything right but it just didn’t work out for reasons beyond his control.  Having said that, I think his job just got significantly much harder and suspect he is probably more disappointed than anyone on this Board.

Yeah I think we made Urban a great offer and it just wasn't meant to be

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

If CDC had done everything right, the search would have started after last year or at worst, immediately after blOU. The money was there after the Texas Tech game.

Instead Herman was given chance after chance he didn't deserve.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm confused how this is CDC's fault if Urban said no. Allegedly he was able to get BMDs on board to not only pony up the money to oust Herman, but also to make an absurd offer to Meyer.

If Meyer was a no since October and we kept trying, it's hard to fathom that CDC didn't start vetting some backup options. The problem with backup options is, those same BMDs putting up the money to get rid of Herman may have some strings attached to that money, such as the money is only good if Urban is the coach. So it's going to be difficult to oust Tom and have money for a backup.

Some of you think an AD can just make money appear out of thin air and Urban should accept whatever offer we give him. I feel that way too but let's be realistic for a hot minute here. 

For everyone saying CDC needs to go, do you fuckers not remember what a Texas game day experience was like under Patterson? CDC has made some excellent changes and, it remains to be seen, but his coach hires for other sports seem a step in the right direction and his ability to raise funds for new facilities on the promises of hope is pretty good. It may not pan out, but let's not pretend there is some giant pool of competent ADs out there that can get all of the unreasonable demands we have done.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, hookem48 said:

so aggy can money whip a national championship coach and we can't, yea different circumstance but that's all I'm gonna hear tomorrow when I go back to work from my staycation.

Oh we can money whip someone like Gus Malzahn that would probably suck here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic