Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
11 minutes ago, victory88 said:
And we continue to show why we’re a fucking 2nd rate program.  CDC and the athletic department had since the ou game to figure this out.  I’m not spending another dime on this program as far as tickets go.   Meanwhile, ou, aggy, and even fucking LSU somehow find ways to compete for the CFP.  Recruiting is dead and the next guy walking in is going to have to deal with a split fan base.  Somehow aggy was able to get themselves into an actual conference, hire a coach with a championship ring, boost their facilities, recruiting, and compete for a playoff spot.

fuck Herman, fuck cdc, fuck this program.  

Read more  

What are they supposed to do? If he doesn't want to coach, he doesn't want to coach. By all accounts they have offered, and offered, and offered.

Yeah. Unless CDC lowballed Urban, wouldn’t let him hire his own staff, or did some stupid shit like this, I’m not sure you pin this CDC. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Octavian said:

@Caddox have you heard anything new on your end?

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

Will be interested to see how RGL and CeddyB respond to the latest IT scoop (they're already being confronted), whether that's going silent, hedging/reeling it back or quadrupling down. 

usual suspects 90s GIF

Ketch

I've checked in with a couple of sources in the last hour and will continue to do so, but I wanted to pass along a few notes.

a. Urban Meyer has not given Texas an answer.

b. As we've been saying all week, and as recent as last night, the single biggest hurdle that has to be cleared is related to his health and I just communicated with a high-level source that said it remains the biggest issue with Meyer.

That hasn't magically gone away just because Texas is praying for it do so. How do we handicap the situation? I'm not sure. Maybe nerves are increasing and it's leading to a little panic. 

As of Sunday afternoon, there's not bad news to report as much as there's nervousness about the current situation that is probably sinking in.

Stay tuned.

• Hook 'Em 5

Basically what all of this tells me is that I need to smoke a brisket next weekend, and that I’m not the only person who didn’t like Chuy’s outside of their “buy a drink and get the appetizer bar free” deal on Tuesdays, back when I did my short stint in Austin.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Dilligas said:

Damn im thinking now that CDC and all fans are crossing their fingers, sacrificing goats, praying to whatever god they believe in that Herman somehow “gets” it and goes on a spectacular run next year. Otherwise we are well and truly fucked.

He will be going on that run alone. Fuck Herman.

2 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Will be interested to see how RGL and CeddyB respond to the latest IT scoop (they're already being confronted), whether that's going silent, hedging/reeling it back or quadrupling down. 

1 minute ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

And Caddox 

@Caddox. What is the chatter on the BMD GroupMe chat you're on? Surely you've been seeing activity on there given the recent news. Bonus points for any updated prediction from the "I'd be shocked if Urban isn't on the UT sidelines next year" guy. 

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

At this point, until CDC comes out and endorsed Herman with support, I’m planning on him being fired.

If nothing is said, CDC can go fuck himself.

I don't get all the CDC hate. From what we know, it looks like he did all anyone could do. ("Hey, UM, here's $60 for 5 years, a blank check for assistants, carte blanche for facilities, with both the administration and the BMC's in lock-step behind you. Whatta' ya say?") Maybe it was health; maybe it was other things. Whatever, you can't just make UM coach here if he doesn't want to. There are some folks on here who are mad and like little bitty chillrens they've got to blame it on somebody. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Yeah. Unless CDC lowballed Urban, wouldn’t let him hire his own staff, or did some stupid shit like this, I’m not sure you pin this CDC. 

Why would anyone think CDC would tell Urban Meyer what he can and can't do when Urban had all the leverage in the world on us? This board needs to place its anger at someone so I guess CDC will be that person for now. 

Just now, Rip76 said:

Ketch

I've checked in with a couple of sources in the last hour and will continue to do so, but I wanted to pass along a few notes.

b. As we've been saying all week, and as recent as last night, the single biggest hurdle that has to be cleared is related to his health and I just communicated with a high-level source that said it remains the biggest issue with Meyer.

That hasn't magically gone away just because Texas is praying for it do so. How do we handicap the situation? I'm not sure. Maybe nerves are increasing and it's leading to a little panic. 

As of Sunday afternoon, there's not bad news to report as much as there's nervousness about the current situation that is probably sinking in.

Stay tuned.

If Ketch is saying it isn’t done, it’s probably done.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Like I said earlier, I'll go down with the ship. Until its not Urban Meyer in Burnt Orange, im all in on the train. His demeanor on Fox yesterday wasn't some fucking smoke screen, and the team getting COVID today isn't a coincidence. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but there seems like too much smoke here.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

I don't get all the CDC hate. From what we know, it looks like he did all anyone could do. ("Hey, UM, here's $60 for 5 years, a blank check for assistants, carte blanche for facilities, with both the administration and the BMC's in lock-step behind you. Whatta' ya say?") Maybe it was health; maybe it was other things. Whatever, you can't just make UM coach here if he doesn't want to. There are some folks on here who are mad and like little bitty chillrens they've got to blame it on somebody. 

I agree.  Not sure what else he could have done.  I’ll wait to pass judgement after Herman’s replacement is named. 

Edited by JOSEYWALES66
  • Hook 'Em 1

[mention=2002]Caddox[/mention]. What is the chatter on the BMD GroupMe chat you're on? Surely you've been seeing activity on there given the recent news. Bonus points for any updated prediction from the "I'd be shocked if Urban isn't on the UT sidelines next year" guy. 

giphy.gif
  • Haha 1

Look it appears to be a no, but just remember UM himself denied he was going to tOSU himself multiple times and it still happened.  We haven’t heard from UM and there is no opening.  Weird shit is afoot and we don’t have a complete story.  Most of us won’t donate to 9.995ers for a reason.  Let’s just chill and wait.  If he’s out, we can make our decisions, many of us to reprioritize, but I will wait until the season is over and for this to play out first. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Ketch

Stay tuned.

Ketch trying to squeeze a few more drops out of the teat before it’s dry?

4 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

We're going to put our faith in 9.95ers looking to blame someone since their info was yet again wrong. So now they can sell their angry user base on CDC being the reason things didn't happen. 

In all probability, Urban probably took the weekend and figured out staying at Fox was the best thing for him. We're a fucking mess. It will take a long time to unfuck the 10+ years of mediocrity surrounding this program. We have 3 major recruiting rivals that have way more sustained success than us who can cherrypick the best players in the state away from us because each can rightly say they will put you in the league, whereas Texas will not. Maybe he just doesn't have the stomach for that compared to a cushy network job. 

We are going to have to pray either Herman figures it out (unlikely) or the buyout happens and the Plan B guy can come in and hit the ground running. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Ketch

Stay tuned.

Who would pay this guy?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Damn im thinking now that CDC and all fans are crossing their fingers, sacrificing goats, praying to whatever god they believe in that Herman somehow “gets” it and goes on a spectacular run next year. Otherwise we are well and truly fucked.

If "getting it" includes handing over pretty much all gameday duties to his assistants, if the rumor of what happened for the game this past weekend is true, then yeah he gets it. He'll be getting vodka G2s all next year to an undefeated record.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Look it appears to be a no, but just remember UM himself denied he was going to tOSU himself multiple times and it still happened.  We haven’t heard from UM and there is no opening.  Weird shit is afoot and we don’t have a complete story.  Most of us won’t donate to 9.995ers for a reason.  Let’s just chill and wait.  If he’s out, we can make our decisions, many of us to reprioritize, but I will wait until the season is over and for this to play out first. 

This is true. The sliver of hope. Saban denied Bama allegations too before he took the job.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Ketch

Stay tuned.

I'm desperate but no way I believe this fat fuck.

• Like 1

I still love all y’all though. Holy shit Colt and Giants beat Seattle and Wentz from Eagles got benched for Hurts who promptly went in there and scored a TD. 

keeping Wentz on the field while hurts was on the bench is exactly why you fucking fire Herman like SC did Muschamp. You hire SLOWLY unless you bag a unicorn like Meyer and you fire quickly. There was no fucking need to evaluate Herman at season’s end unless you are clueless about football, fans and recruits. You fire him early. Fuck the optics. We look even shittier now. God bless America. Fuck fuck fuck

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic