Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Good morning! So sleepy!

Shit.  Chloroform wearing off... 

9 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

That's what happens when you stay at a Best Western

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Oh shit! That’s where I am!? Good catch!

Free breakfast ends @10 better hurry. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Not at all. I wish every good thing in this life for him. That's fucking boring.

Best westerns? If anyone has a thought?

For a Few Dollars More

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (which I just now for the first time noticed is missing an Oxford Comma)

• Like 1

Just now, Kennythetiger said:

I’ve posted quite a bit last year about this, but last year my girlfriend and I drove from the Rio Grande to the Milk River. Tried to follow the Goodnight Loving Trail as best we could. 

My family’s ranch is on it. Posted this on the ranch thread in the Daily Texan. 

73A267F7-C016-4AF0-9FA9-B428F62170C5.jpeg

AE3B5BE2-6BCF-42A1-88FC-12B2138789A9.jpeg

28E19803-78E3-4F0E-B67A-E2D17D94168A.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You guys might want to catch this segment on Fox where Urban is talking about the disparity between the playoff teams and everyone else. Might explain a bit why Urban may not be ready to jump back in. 

Is the disparity going to lessen somehow on its own? Not sure why that would delay his decision if he's planning to coach again. I think I'm good with whatever he decides. I'm about ready to start the "Matt Campbell or bust" thread.

Edited by Bevo14

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

You guys might want to catch this segment on Fox where Urban is talking about the disparity between the playoff teams and everyone else. Might explain a bit why Urban may not be ready to jump back in. 

I did. He’s ready to bring Texas back! 😃 Or he wants to be on the committee that selects. 

Just now, mdmost said:

Good segment. However, if he takes a team and puts them in that elite group and wins another natty, he would be called the greatest coach of all time. 

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Good segment. However, if he takes a team and puts them in that elite group and wins another natty, he would be called the greatest coach of all time. 

That is what gives me hope that he may yet take the Texas job and is just waiting for the smoke to clear with Herman.

• Hook 'Em 1

Brady talking about expanding the playoff and rotating the big bowls as playoff games to keep them involved and relevant. Gee, great idea ... exactly what I was pushing for 30 years ago. Unreal.

Edited by wood

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You really think he doesn't believe he could turn that around and make Texas one of those teams? I'm sure he thinks he could.

the AFI top 10 list will disappoint many.

How the West was Won?

Magnificent Seven?

noop.

Hollywood's cynical bitchassedness is no more evident than the failure to preserve the innovative experimental processes like Cinerama, Vistavision, IMAX, etc.  More than half of the 70mm IMAX domes have been demolished or converted to giant flat digital projection touted as "better" and "the most advanced in the world".

How the West was Won was 1 of only 2 films made with the 3-strip Cinerama process.   There may be a couple of people on this board who saw it in the theater in 1962 in Cinerama.

Anyway, Westerns....

https://www.afi.com/afis-10-top-10/

The Searchers '56

High Noon '52

Shane '53

Unforgiven '92

Red River '48

The Wild Bunch '69

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid '69

McCabe & Mrs. Miller '71

Stagecoach '39

Cat Ballou '65