Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

So if you're a recruit, why would you sign with a school that you know is going to immediately shit can the staff that recruited you?

This notion of we have to keep Tom Herman around until after signing day is insulting to everyone involved.

Unless, of course, he really is staying.

Yes. Absolutely. If we are firing him keeping him around another minute is a bad idea. If we aren't then we are doing a shitty job supporting him for next season, though I guess CDC's vague statement of confidence is better than nothing.

37 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Independant

Ohio State and whoever else takes defensive players from Texas because they don't want to play on shitty defenses in a league where all the defenses are shitty. The style of play in the big 12 is like a 7 on 7 scrimmage, holding is allowed and normal hits get you thrown out of the game. Not a fun place to play DL. 

You can fire the coach an infinite amount of times and the league isn't going to change. It's been this way for 12+ years.

The ACC was dead garbage 8 years ago. Seems they have a program in their crap conference who shares their state with an SEC program who's doing okay for themselves.

And you played yourself again with another post. 

"The Big 12 can't play defense like the SEC. To prove that point here's a quote where someone points out Nick Saban said you can't really play defense anywhere anymore."

You're not a very bright guy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I guess the Auburn decision makers and BMD's were not concerned with NSD1.  Apparently they are not sniveling pussies when it comes to canning dead weight in their football program.  

To be fair, their class is already ranked last in the SEC, and Malzahn has been on the hot seat since 2017. If they weren't sniveling pussies, wouldn't he have been fired a few years earlier? 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I believe most football coaching searches aren't driven by just the AD but everyone else. Only at Texas do we make that process 10x more difficult than it should be.

Only at Texas do we hire an AD from a school that’s smaller than our school of liberal arts who suggests hiring Sonny Dykes with a straight face. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I believe most football coaching searches aren't driven by just the AD but everyone else. Only at Texas do we make that process 10x more difficult than it should be.

that's because we don't have one t. boone pickens. we have 10x that, and it results in a coaching search by committee. it's crazy to me not to let the athletic director do his job. if he does a bad job doing that job, then get another one. but this circus we have every time we need a new coach is fucking embarrassing. 

48 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I have nothing to add really, other than stating that "Crystal Conte" is a childish but nevertheless fantastic addition to the Surly lexicon.  

The ability to be childish on Surly is part of its' entertainment since I am sure many here must be adults in all the other parts of their lives due to having responsibilities for others. Unlike Herman that thinks he can be childish as part of taking care of his responsibilities. 

I am on the train that it's been done for some time, and this is all pissing time away. This back-n-forth debating what Bobby or Ketch says is a f*in beating. Urban is not coming without some of his assistants, and they are still playing. 

As I said previously, I will own up to my potential delusion if we are in the same boat in January, but nothing passes the eye test of this shit-show to me unless it is "Urban to Texas". Nothing else makes sense. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

The implication being that CDC is an indecisive pussy, @closetojumping?

How many football coaches has he hired as an AD, anyway? David Baliff at Rice? I honestly don't know, but it's foolish to think Hartzell, Eltife, and the BMD's aren't gonna be involved in this call with the capital investment we/they've made. 

Patterson was named TCU HC in 2010 and De Conte was AD in 2009 so he had a hand in that hiring. He also hired many coaches in other sports there that have been very successful and won national coach of the year awards. Why hire a guy with a track record of success if you're going to undercut him and not let him do his job? It's so bad I can't tell if he fucked up and didn't cover tracks and deny the Meyer rumors of his own volition or if he was forced into that inaction by the meddling jackasses? 

Now it's to the point he looks feeble and has idiots calling him "crystal" when before this year he's had almost nothing but success stories for over a decade. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

Patterson was named TCU HC in 2010 and De Conte was AD in 2009 so he had a hand in that hiring. He also hired many coaches in other sports there that have been very successful and won national coach of the year awards. Why hire a guy with a track record of success if you're going to undercut him and not let him do his job? It's so bad I can't tell if he fucked up and didn't cover tracks and deny the Meyer rumors of his own volition or if he was forced into that inaction by the meddling jackasses? 

Now it's to the point he looks feeble and has idiots calling him "crystal" when before this year he's had almost nothing but success stories for over a decade. 

Patterson was hired as HC in 2000.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

I am on the train that it's been done for some time, and this is all pissing time away. This back-n-forth debating what Bobby or Ketch says is a f*in beating. Urban is not coming without some of his assistants, and they are still playing. 

As I said previously, I will own up to my potential delusion if we are in the same boat in January, but nothing passes the eye test of this shit-show to me unless it is "Urban to Texas". Nothing else makes sense. 🤘

I respect this and you may very well be right.  My best guess is Tom is our coach in 2021.  *ducks from the flying Mcribs

Just now, Hermanator said:

CDC had nothing to do with Patterson's hire @ TCU. He's been HC since 2000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Patterson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Patterson has been the head coach at TCU since 2000. 

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Gary Patterson has been TCU's HC since 2000. Chris Del Conte had nothing to do with hiring him. In fact, the only FB coach CDC has ever hired was David Bailiff at Rice.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Wat

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Patterson was named TCU HC in 2010 and De Conte was AD in 2009 so he had a hand in that hiring.

Wrong. Patterson and Schlossnagle were already at TCU when he was hired. He had absolutely nothing to do with either hire.  He's a fundraiser who is paralyzed by indecision in a job that is way too big for him. Shaka out front shoulda told you. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

7797710-1x1-large.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Wrong. Patterson and Schlossnagle were already at TCU when he was hired. He had absolutely nothing to do with either hire.  He's a fundraiser who is paralyzed by indecision in a job that is way too big for him. Shaka out front shoulda told you. 

But, our high-level UT decision makers and money should just hand CDC the keys bc he hired David Bailiff back in the day @ Rice. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

That is what I wanted at the time.

I would have recommended it for half of what they paid Korn Ferry.

I was banging the pot pretty hard to hire Briles. Of course, I had no idea he was running a rape-friendly program at the time. Dodged a bullet there.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

They opted out because Tom Herman is an asshole and none of them want to play for him.

So do his players hate him or love him? I keep getting mixed signals from the rumor mill.

Maybe the love to hate him or it is one of those love-hate relationships.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic