Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Rip76 said:

This mention of John Harbaugh is interesting.

Harbaugh is the opposite of Gary Kubiak when it comes to completely managing a football operation. Dude is a solid evaluator across the board of all of this coaches. Recruiting is the question, because I don't have many others on the guy. Sure as shit won't be any turtle-ing, dude goes for the throat. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I'm fully convinced when people say "Texas is not committed to winning", they are referencing bagman and how recruiting has changed.  

I say it and am referring to the overall culture of the school and its administration. Im very much hoping that changes with Hartzell, people claim it has, but they also claimed CDC was one of the best hires in the school's history. 

Just now, Caddox said:

I say it and am referring to the overall culture of the school and its administration. Im very much hoping that changes with Hartzell, people claim it has, but they also claimed CDC was one of the best hires in the school's history. 

I get that. But it's one thing for us fans to say it, and another for a guy like -hypothetically- Urban Meyer. In what ways is the university "not committed to winning" that would affect an Urban Meyer? How would it hold him back?

13 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Just google Clemson, Alabama, Texas A&M, UGA, Ohio State, Oregon football facilities.  Then google Texas longhorn football facilities.  Up until 3 years ago, our locker room looked like something out of the 80s.  Our weight room had some fresh paint and mats added to it.  There are high schools with better weight rooms than Texas.  Ask any recruit that takes an official visit to aggy and then Texas.  They are light years ahead of us with it comes to facilities for the players to train, lounge, watch film, hang out in.  Clemson has a damn private basketball court just for their players to hoop at.  

This has been a problem for a long time.  I'll give Herman credit, he got the ball rolling on getting the process started.  But the Texas athletic department should be ashamed of themselves for letting our facilities fall this far behind.  The fucking bubble is barely holding up together.  Look at the indoor fields of the schools mentioned above.  With all the money they have, they've been sitting on it doing jack shit.  

well to be fair we have to save up for our buyouts...

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Just google Clemson, Alabama, Texas A&M, UGA, Ohio State, Oregon football facilities.  Then google Texas longhorn football facilities.  Up until 3 years ago, our locker room looked like something out of the 80s.  Our weight room had some fresh paint and mats added to it.  There are high schools with better weight rooms than Texas.  Ask any recruit that takes an official visit to aggy and then Texas.  They are light years ahead of us with it comes to facilities for the players to train, lounge, watch film, hang out in.  Clemson has a damn private basketball court just for their players to hoop at.  

This has been a problem for a long time.  I'll give Herman credit, he got the ball rolling on getting the process started.  But the Texas athletic department should be ashamed of themselves for letting our facilities fall this far behind.  The fucking bubble is barely holding up together.  Look at the indoor fields of the schools mentioned above.  With all the money they have, they've been sitting on it doing jack shit.  

It's not just athletics, the fountain on the east mall hasn't worked for years. The Speedway upgrade is nice but if you walk around campus you will notice that a lot of stuff is getting a tad worn out.

Dude has been on all sides of the ball

LOL at Matt Campbell who is playing for a Big XII title this weekend with far less talent than we have thinking Texas is a rebuild. His best recruiting class in his entire stint at Iowa State is going to be 20 spots lower than Texas' worst class under Herman. The "journalist" that wrote that is completely full of shit.

One of the stupidest things said on this thread, and that's saying something.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

We do need to upgrade. Mack went from The Bubble to this:

spacer.png

Every SEC team except Georgia has a better indoor facility. 

Here's what Virginia Tech is building:

FFF-1114-AB_300x169.jpg

Here's the Ohio State setup:

spacer.png

Colorado:

IPF.jpg

Washington:

HEZNNHOCDJPARBU.20130912201540.jpg

We have a bubble with shitty lighting.

image-asset.jpeg?format=500w

fb_bubble_800.jpg

It was cutting edge back in the day but that day is long gone.

• Hook 'Em 2

not to keep shitting on facilities.  Our biggest rival and recruiting competitor has fucking boat raced us while our athletic department cared more about how many taco bell commercials they could fit in a single game.

What our little brother offers recruits...

Spoiler

hydro1.jpg

hagner1.jpg

8880187.png?fit=bounds&crop=1200:630,off

TEXAFBSTA_0165_ChristyRadecic.jpg

hallway4.jpg

TEXAM_FBTRN_0012_TerryWier.jpgimage6-1-600x400.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I get that. But it's one thing for us fans to say it, and another for a guy like -hypothetically- Urban Meyer. In what ways is the university "not committed to winning" that would affect an Urban Meyer? How would it hold him back?

If we hire UM, we could no longer claim the school isnt committed to winning. 

13 minutes ago, Caddox said:

CDC is a much better hire than his two predecessors and hardly anyone alive remembers any AD before that.

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

not to keep shitting on facilities.  Our biggest rival and recruiting competitor has fucking boat raced us while our athletic department cared more about how many taco bell commercials they could fit in a single game.

Hide contents

hydro1.jpg

hagner1.jpg

hallway4.jpg

Again, all of this is keeping in line with what we know about the importance of football to the University of Texas. 

12 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

This mention of John Harbaugh is interesting.

4 years ago (before they drafted Lamar Jackson and got back to relevance) I was pounding the table and saying offer him 10 year and 100 million.  I maintain the same idea here- if Urban says no- I'm going to Baltimore and seeing if he can stand the idea of recruiting, and if he can tell him to pull off the college football equivalent of what he's done at Baltimore and I will pay him $10,000,000 a year, he will have a job for life, and it will be pretty easy as long as he can maintain staff and organizational focus.

And as a former special teams coach that's not an innovator that's his strong suit.  You know- Mack Brown if he was also a competent football coach.  The ceiling for him is enormous, and the only way I could see his hire being fucked up is if he can't get coordinators and assistants that can recruit.  I think CDC- even if he has to sit at the kids table wearing a dunce cap- should be able to help with that. 

If I can figure this all out its a beyond obvious play.  Get it done big money boosters. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

spacer.png

FFF-1114-AB_300x169.jpg

spacer.png

Colorado:

IPF.jpg

Washington:

fb_bubble_800.jpg

I don't think it was ever cutting edge, but it was certainly serviceable.  Now it looks... really bad.  Personally I don't care how it looks, but if player recruits, and coaching recruits do care, then perception becomes reality.

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Hide contents

hydro1.jpg

hagner1.jpg

hallway4.jpg

I can't see any trophies. Which one of these is the hall of champions?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

ND under Kelly may be ND's ceiling at this point. I get we have been shit for a decade now but the ceiling at Texas is a step above the ceiling at ND simply due to geography (and maybe some academic shit).

While Kelly > Turtle, I can't get too damn excited about him as our new HC

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

Independant

Ohio State and whoever else takes defensive players from Texas because they don't want to play on shitty defenses in a league where all the defenses are shitty. The style of play in the big 12 is like a 7 on 7 scrimmage, holding is allowed and normal hits get you thrown out of the game. Not a fun place to play DL. 

You can fire the coach an infinite amount of times and the league isn't going to change. It's been this way for 12+ years.

As of last weekend:

517413046_Week14DRating.jpg.b038caeca6d2ccd9f9cef66e636303d2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

spacer.png

FFF-1114-AB_300x169.jpg

spacer.png

Colorado:

IPF.jpg

Washington:

fb_bubble_800.jpg

TCU:

SamBaughSFW.jpg

Cj9wva2UUAED5ro.jpg

8690320.jpeg
sambaugha.jpeg

CDC knows how to do this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If they lose to Clemson, they will not drop out of the top four.

If Clemson boat-races them ND could easily fall out of the Top 4. Of course that might mean aggy gets in.

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

So that's what it looks like when it's not just John Travolta taking a private tour of aggy's Hall of Champions!

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic