Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I'm not the one claiming to have inside information. I'm the one claiming to understand the politics of the situation enough to understand why it isn't going to happen.

Urban Meyer is a brutally damaged person with horrible ethics. One could call him "human scum." In fact, I find it difficult to consider him other than human scum.

Hiring such a polarizing personality as the face of the school's football program would be epic. And not in a positive way.

you are also the one who said::

Neither Jay Hartzell nor CDC would last long enough to see Urban coach his first game.

which in theory could literally be as soon as next weekend.so no, Texas isn't going to fire the new President or AD before the new coach coaches his first game.

you are the person who has claimed Texas doesn't have the political capital or $$$ to make this happen now...yet you also say that Texas in this scenario would fire a new president who has been on the job for 5? weeks AND the Athletic Director (making like $1.5+?) AND replace them pretty quickly (spending even more money)?

come on man.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I'm not the one claiming to have inside information. I'm the one claiming to understand the politics of the situation enough to understand why it isn't going to happen.

Urban Meyer is a brutally damaged person with horrible ethics. One could call him "human scum." He's a sociopath.

Hiring such a polarizing personality as the face of the school's football program would be epic. And not in a positive way.

You really want to die on this hill dont you

16 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Urban Meyer is a brutally damaged person with horrible ethics. One could call him "human scum." He's a sociopath.

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

15 minutes ago, NoName said:

you are also the one who said::

which in theory could literally be as soon as next weekend.so no, Texas isn't going to fire the new President or AD before the new coach coaches his first game.

you are the person who has claimed Texas doesn't have the political capital or $$$ to make this happen now...yet you also say that Texas in this scenario would fire a new president who has been on the job for 5? weeks AND the Athletic Director (making like $1.5+?) AND replace them pretty quickly (spending even more money)?

come on man.

"Texas" has no political capital. The individual administrators are the ones who have, or lack, political capital. And, I haven't said the money isn't there. It is. But it was only on Sept 1 that CDC announced the staff reductions necessary to handle the current budget problems created by the Covid pandemic. To lay off staffers, to then blow $40 mil on hiring a known sociopath would "raise some eyebrows."

Add to that, these news gems from not so long ago:

"University of Texas officials on Tuesday said they are freezing merit raises for all faculty and staff to mitigate any financial fallout from the coronavirus pandemic."

"UT also is reviewing large expenditures and said only those that are essential to the core functions of the university will be approved."

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200414/ut-cuts-summer-tuition-freezes-raises-for-faculty-and-staff

If Hartzell blows $40 mil to hire a known sociopath, the faculty would turn on him immediately.

Try to imagine the fallout when the first accusations of sexual assault (actual or fabricated) against one of Urban's players makes it to the press.

"Urban Meyer" has "shitshow" written all over him. Which is what sometimes happens to human pieces of shit.

Faculty pissed, the legislature just aching for places to cut spending, getting pilloried in the press for hiring that sociopath in the first place.

If Jay Hartzell made his first major decision as UT President the hiring of Urban Meyer, it would be his last major decision as UT president.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3

58 minutes ago, RVC2005 said:

Posting from a new handle since i dont want to out myself.  I am fairly connected to some big guys at the top, and there is real smoke to the Urban Meyer thought, and there has been contact, but not by CDC.  It is going to be a lot of money, but he will be wearing burnt orange.

The issue of money from the rich boosters is a non-issue. COVID has fucked a lot of people, but it has given next-level blowjobs to the wealthy. Their net wealth has skyrocketed during COVID, so skimming a bit off for a buyout wouldn't even be noticed compared to wealth before COVID. (They could even make a like donation to the school to shut up any faculty.)

24 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I used to give a fuck about this, but not anymore. We are all very familiar with sociopaths these days and I'd happily trade 3 to 5 good years and a shot at a national championship for 5 years of probation. We've basically been on TEN YEARS of probation, so I think that we all know what it feels like to suck.

BIG FUCKING DEAL !!

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Randolph Duke said:

"Texas" has no political capital. The individual administrators are the ones who have, or lack, political capital. And, I haven't said the money isn't there. It is. But it was only on Sept 1 that CDC announced the staff reductions necessary to handle the current budget problems created by the Covid pandemic. To lay off staffers, to then blow $40 mil on hiring a known sociopath would "raise some eyebrows."

Add to that, these news gems from not so long ago:

"University of Texas officials on Tuesday said they are freezing merit raises for all faculty and staff to mitigate any financial fallout from the coronavirus pandemic."

"UT also is reviewing large expenditures and said only those that are essential to the core functions of the university will be approved."

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200414/ut-cuts-summer-tuition-freezes-raises-for-faculty-and-staff

If Hartzell blows $40 mil to hire a known sociopath, the faculty would turn on him immediately.

Try to imagine the fallout when the first accusations of sexual assault against one of Urban's players makes it to the press.

"Urban Meyer" has "shitshow" written all over him. Which is what sometimes happens to human pieces of shit.

Faculty pissed, the legislature just aching for places to cut spending, getting pilloried in the press for hiring that sociopath in the first place.

If Jay Hartzell made his first major decision as UT President the hiring of Urban Meyer, it would be his last major decision as UT president.

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

Go back to bed Duke.   You are clueless as ever.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I used to give a fuck about this, but not anymore. We are all very familiar with sociopaths these days and I'd happily trade 3 to 5 good years and a shot at a national championship for 5 years of probation. We've basically been on TEN YEARS of probation, so I think that we all know what it feels like to suck.

BIG FUCKING DEAL !!

Hartzell and CDC are paid to "give a fuck about this." There is a reason they are running the show and people like you aren't.

There are far more important considerations when running UT Austin than just the football team.

Hiring sociopaths to win one or two more football games a year is what Baylor did. Hartzell and CDC (especially) isn't going to turn UT Austin into Baylor over the record of the football team. If they even hinted at doing so, they would have an instantaneous career crisis they wouldn't recover from.

Hiring a known sociopath to let the football team run wild and commit crimes with the protection of the athletic department, all to win one or two more football games a year is a bold move, to say the least.

Edited by Randolph Duke

Hartzell and CDC are paid to "give a fuck about this." There is a reason they are running the show and people like you aren't.

There are far more important considerations when running UT Austin than the football team.

You are underestimating how important winning football games is to the people with 9 figures+

• Hook 'Em 3

There are far more important considerations when running UT Austin than the football team.

The reason is because I don't have any money.

That's the most obvious reason.

BMDs do.

4 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

You have zero information on what the decision makers are thinking or what the plans are. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The notion that, if Urban Meyer were to make a phone call to UT's AD and say, "I'd like to coach your struggling football team" with all of the eager donors in tow, he'd get hung up on without a second's consideration because of politics and optics is so hilariously laughable it can only come from Randolph Duke.

I'm not even saying UT would hire him if Urban said he was interested (though they absolutely would), but they'd for damn sure give him the time of day.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I think if the $ from athletics that goes to academics dries up due to fan disinterest/apathy then the professors that might be griping will STFU.

Herman comes back next season (or even finishes this season out) and/or CDC hires some no name coach to replace him no one will give a fuck and then all of the $ that football spreads across the university dries up.

UT has to get football healthy again, otherwise a lot of other sports suffer as well as potential dollars into academics. The buyout dollars wouldn't come out of UT's books but BMDs. Urban would literally pay for himself in terms of rekindled interest in the program.

But I am fully prepared for Texas to fuck this up and let Herman completely set the program back another 10 years if he is allowed to finish the season.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I think if the $ from athletics that goes to academics dries up due to fan disinterest/apathy then the professors that might be griping will STFU.

Herman comes back next season (or even finishes this season out) and/or CDC hires some no name coach to replace him no one will give a fuck and then all of the $ that football spreads across the university dries up.

UT has to get football healthy again, otherwise a lot of other sports suffer as well as potential dollars into academics. The buyout dollars wouldn't come out of UT's books but BMDs. Urban would literally pay for himself in terms of rekindled interest in the program.

But I am fully prepared for Texas to fuck this up and let Herman completely set the program back another 10 years if he is allowed to finish the season.

Up until today, I thought that would be the plan.  But as you can see, recruiting can go in the shitter pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

The notion that, if Urban Meyer were to make a phone call to UT's AD and say, "I'd like to coach your struggling football team" with all of the eager donors in tow, he'd get hung up on without a second's consideration because of politics and optics is so hilariously laughable it can only come from Randolph Duke.

I'm not even saying UT would hire him if Urban said he was interested (though they absolutely would), but they'd for damn sure give him the time of day.

"During Meyer’s time with the Gators, Florida had at least 31 arrests involving 25 players. Many involved alcohol possession and disorderly conduct, but a dozen involved initial charges of felonies or violent misdemeanors."

And then there's Ohio State.

I have no doubt CDC believes it is possible to win with integrity. I firmly believe Jay Hartzell will trust the counsel of CDC.

But please, continue to convince yourselves otherwise. I find it comical.

1 hour ago, RVC2005 said:

Posting from a new handle since i dont want to out myself.  I am fairly connected to some big guys at the top, and there is real smoke to the Urban Meyer thought, and there has been contact, but not by CDC.  It is going to be a lot of money, but he will be wearing burnt orange.

1 hour ago, RVC2005 said:

Main concern is the pushback from the admin due to UM history at UF and tOSU, so that will take some talking.  Just know, any talk you hear about large buyouts, and not being able to afford it is bogus.  We can afford anything, only limited by what they are willing to cut the check for.  And guys, im talking massive contract.

55 minutes ago, RVC2005 said:

Make jokes, that's fine, just passing on what ive got. And no, no Briles under any circumstance.  It was mentioned, but only to quickly dismiss it with a hard 'no'

54 minutes ago, RVC2005 said:

not even close.  i know what i know because of who i know. take it or leave it

50 minutes ago, RVC2005 said:

has nothing to do with losing ewers, and everything to do with WHY we lost him.  The program spiral started over the summer, but was not mentioned by many.

17 minutes ago, RVC2005 said:

You are underestimating how important winning football games is to the people with 9 figures+

You would think that in 2020, people would realize that this "I'm a big secret insider, let me demonstrate that by taking all of the obvious conventional wisdom out there that fans want to believe, and presenting it as firm (but not definite) 'it will happen'" schtick has been done for 25 years on the Internet. But no. We still have fucking retards pulling this shit. 

If we hire Meyer, this retard can come back and see "see, super insider, I told you". And the "proof" would be that all of the conventional, obvious wisdom about what is likely to happen actually happened. 

If we don't hire Meyer, the retard has the option to come back and preserve his "credibility" by saying "well things changed" and making up shit to explain it, or coming back and pulling off the dimestore monkey mask to say "GIG EM HAW HAW GOT YOU FAGGIT TSIPS" or just disappearing because he's already milked all of the enjoyment he could get out of pretending to be someone with information.

Dude, this shit has been done thousands of times since the commercial Internet launched. The odds of you being what you claim to be, having what you claim to have, and posting it on a dumbass cesspool message board, are probably one in ten thousand.

Tits or GTFO, as the saying goes. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You would think that in 2020, people would realize that this "I'm a big secret insider, let me demonstrate that by taking all of the obvious conventional wisdom out there that fans want to believe, and presenting it as firm (but not definite) 'it will happen'" schtick has been done for 25 years on the Internet. But no. We still have fucking retards pulling this shit. 

If we hire Meyer, this retard can come back and see "see, super insider, I told you". And the "proof" would be that all of the conventional, obvious wisdom about what is likely to happen actually happened. 

If we don't hire Meyer, the retard has the option to come back and preserve his "credibility" by saying "well things changed" and making up shit to explain it, or coming back and pulling off the dimestore monkey mask to say "GIG EM HAW HAW GOT YOU FAGGIT TSIPS" or just disappearing because he's already milked all of the enjoyment he could get out of pretending to be someone with information.

Dude, this shit has been done thousands of times since the commercial Internet launched. The odds of you being what you claim to be, having what you claim to have, and posting it on a dumbass cesspool message board, are probably one in ten thousand.

Or everything he says is true.  But the outcome is the same, because as we know, “the situation is fluid”.  It could be legit, but tap the brakes.  Shit can & will happen.

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You pay a PR firm to run a quick Meyer-boosting psyop campaign in/around Austin to build good will. Come up with a good story to build around the Zach Smith thing.

Then, of course, winning cures all ills.

Man, honestly, you don't even need to work on his image. Let's face it: our society has a short memory. Urban isn't Art Briles or JoePa. The average American probably doesn't even remember why he got fired from tOSU. All they know is that he's one hell of a football coach, and he's currently yucking it up on TV with Reggie Bush. He's not in football exile.

Sure, there will be some upset tweets, maybe even a couple of scathing articles. But the prevailing story will be, "Holy shit, Texas is back."

Any AD not residing in Tuscaloosa or Clemson that doesn't take a serious, serious look at Urban Meyer if he says he's interested should be immediately fired.

And this coming from someone who thought Urbs was college football Satan well before Zach Smith.

Speaking of, I don't remember: how much heat did Herman really take for being a friend of Smith's?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Honestly anytime RD talks about anything but aggy he sounds lost and confused. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

"During Meyer’s time with the Gators, Florida had at least 31 arrests involving 25 players. Many involved alcohol possession and disorderly conduct, but a dozen involved initial charges of felonies or violent misdemeanors."

I have no doubt CDC believes it is possible to win with integrity. I firmly believe Jay Hartzell will trust the counsel of CDC.

WHO GIVES A SHIT! Win football games, that’s it. I don’t care who is coaching unless it’s a Briles, Paterno, Sandusky type. 

JUST FUCKING WIN. 

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Just the fact that you are so against hiring Urban I am even more convinced he is the right hire.  Seems to me Urban is looking for a squeaky clean blue blood where he can win a NC and erase those past bad memories.  That being said UT football is forever fucked if the faculty gets to choose the head coach.  

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 3

The University hired Tom Herman you stupid twat.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DaysOff said:
2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Read more  

The University hired Tom Herman you stupid twat.

And Casey Horny

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RVC2005 said:

"I'm going to post from a new handle so I don't out myself but still only going to post very vague information with no backup even with the anonymity that affords me"

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Just the fact that you are so against hiring Urban I am even more convinced he is the right hire.  Seems to me Urban is looking for a squeaky clean blue blood where he can win a NC and erase those past bad memories.  That being said UT football is forever fucked if the faculty gets to choose the head coach.  

The dildo marching faculty should have no say in who the coach is.  Urban will butter their bread because he will win and bring in the money.

Time is indeed a flat circle when it comes to hiring coaches for football at this place...

Akers and Mack had pretty similar careers except Mack was able to get to the mountain top.

Herman is Mackovic part deux and Charlie was overmatched just like McWilliams.

Time for us to hire a competent coach based on our history,  but I'd prefer it to be DKR part deux which is Urban.

Anyone who isn't for Urban can gtfo.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Lol.

The shitstorm of justifiable ridicule that would result from his hiring of Urban Meyer would be epic. Neither Jay Hartzell nor CDC would last long enough to see Urban coach his first game. It would rank as one of the epic blunders in the history of UT Austin.

Lol fuck that. This is football, the media that matters would be fucking stoked and applaud us for finally swinging our dick.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You got any valuable info to go with this diatribe?

I don't know what is going to happen.  I also understand some practical difficulties with hiring UM under the current situation today.  But I've also learned in this life never to underestimate the power and influence of those with the biggest bags of money.  If enough of these people are adamant that something happens, I wouldn't be comfortable betting against it.

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

You got any valuable info to go with this diatribe?

I've done this once before, but sure

I talked to my insider within the program over dinner and many drinks last night. The fact he's willing to pound 'em during the season should tell you what a lost cause it is. 

"Swanny, I've never been part of such a dysfunctional staff before, and I was on <redacted to protect the witness> staff at <redacted> when he quit back in 2010. We've just lost the locker room. It's totally divided. There's no buy-in, and maybe there never was even though we had what seemed like good morale after UTEP. It's not just The Eyes, it's everything from young guys not respecting the veterans to guys feeling like other position groups aren't working hard to fights over girls".

My guy went on to say that the coaches assume that Herman is toast and they're as busy with networking and resume prep as they are opponent prep. "We out-talented Baylor, with just the most vanilla shit for our gameplan," he explained, "because the players don't care and the coaches are already one foot out the door. You're not gonna see any bells and whistles other than <a couple specific trick plays he named> if Yurcich gets frisky. We're not gonna outthink anyone, we'll just win the ones where our Jimmies are that much better than their Joes".

None of that totally shocked me, but when I brought up recruiting, it got ugly in a hurry. "We're toxic as a program right now. Coach Herman has rubbed seemingly every coach in Houston and Dallas the wrong way, and the ones he still has some rapport with where we can get in the door, the only kids that are listening are the borderline four-stars and the ones with their hands out."

And no, we as a University, athletic program, and coaching staff are not playing THAT particular game, my source assured me. 

About the only bit of good news my guy had, other than his two young kids are healthy and back in school, is that Sam Ehlinger is taking a wait-and-see approach to a potential return next year. "Don't listen to a thing the Ehlingers say in public, it's a totally fluid thing," my guy said. "If Coach Herman goes-- and I guess I'd go with him-- then Sam will want to see who the next guy is before he decides on coming back. He's ready to move on if that's the right thing to do, but he really burns for UT, he really wants to win something meaningful here. He could be back in 2021".  

And who might that be? Has my guy heard anything? He was coy on that question, thinking he might be able to finagle a job if the biggest fish out there (who he's worked for before) were to take the job. The only thing specific he had to say in regard to the coaching search was, "We're not hearing anything. Chris (Del Conte), you can just feel the icicles when that guy comes to the football offices."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic