Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Fast food places giving me or asking if I want jelly when I order a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit.  Why the hell would I want to put jelly on my sausage, egg, or cheese biscuit?  If I order a biscuit that includes a protein product sandwiched between the two biscuit halves, then one should assume that jelly will not be involved in process of consuming this biscuit sangwich.   

• Like 1

Just now, cabowabo said:

Fast food places giving me or asking if I want jelly when I order a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit.  Why the hell would I want to put jelly on my sausage, egg, or cheese biscuit?  If I order a biscuit that includes a protein product sandwiched between the two biscuit halves, then one should assume that jelly will not be involved in process of consuming this biscuit sangwich.   

Who among us doesn't like to be prepared for a little impromptu analingus? 

Didn't your parents ever tell you, "don't look a gift jelly in the asshole"?!

People that stop in full parking lots (mostly HEB for me) waiting for someone to place groceries in their car, return their cart, and then back out and leave so they can pull in.  Meanwhile traffic gets backed up in the parking lot due to these assholes and it just makes things worse.  Also, people who insist on backing into parking spots.  Fuck all ya'll assholes.....
Not trivial at all. These people can fuck off. Go drive a little bit and walk you lazy fuck. I always prefer to park as far back from the store as possible. Easier exit and not having to deal with all the traffic up front.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:

I won’t eat a sausage/bacon, egg and cheese biscuit without jelly.  Well, I will but I won’t enjoy it as much.

• Hook 'Em 2

The baggage handler -- sorry, Airline Ramp Agent -- making $15/hour doesn't give a shit about golf clubs and just wants to clock out and get drunk?

I'm frankly shocked and appalled.

Narrator: He also doesn't give a shit about every other bag he's grabbing off the belt on the 35 to 110+ degree tarmac that reeks of jet fuel and exhaust.

6 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Is anyone actually surprised by that? That's why your clubs are in a shipping bag. You think anyone treats them differently?

This is how I expect they handle all bags.  My only surprise is that someone thinks this is out of line.

I will say if they moved the cart/luggage car closer they could throw directly from the ramp to the cart and save effort.

Is anyone actually surprised by that? That's why your clubs are in a shipping bag. You think anyone treats them differently?
Yep. And show the USPS, UPS, FedEx unloaders/loaders and how they handle packages. They don't give a shit either.

3 hours ago, Okie State said:

When I make an effort to either park away from people or leave plenty of space and still come out to a nice deep door ding and gouge in my paint. Somehow in almost 40 years of life I've managed to never give any other car a door ding yet I see other dumbfucks doing it regularly with zero fucks given. It makes no difference if it's a 35 year old beater or a one of a kind vintage whatever the fuck...it's not mine so I'm not going to touch it.

In summary, fuck people. They suck.

I'm not a scientist but in my Tesla owners group I've noticed that the folks who do their best to park away from others or hug the curb on those one-sided spots tend to report door dings more than the rest of us who park randomly and without a care in the world. It's a strange phenomenon. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

I'm not a scientist but in my Tesla owners group I've noticed that the folks who do their best to park away from others or hug the curb on those one-sided spots tend to report door dings more than the rest of us who park randomly and without a care in the world. It's a strange phenomenon. 

The only time I've ever got a door ding was when I thought I'll be normal this time and park in a normal spot and it will be fine. Sure enough I was wrong.

I have a car that I plan to sell imminently, after my visitor here completes a road trip with it.

Yesterday at 2AM my phone rings: "i need your insurance info for towing/roadside assistance.  the rear tire blew". All the tires are at 50% treadlife. Local shop says the tire is not repairable (I think they're just lazy to work on a tire with sound-deadening foam liner). AND they replace it with a budget'ish Nankang, which are now mismatched on the car.

Later at 6PM my phone rings: "im so sorry, the front tire just blew up". Tow truck guy also confirms this time it's a pretty big gash on the sidewall, so for sure irreparable. This new shop has a matching Michelin, but now we're paying a premium for a car that will be sold to a dealer next week anyway.

In all about $700 is going to be completely blown, because that expenditure can't be recouped when the car has a bunch of rubbers that are mismatched in age and brands. Kinda wish we had access to a Mexican shop who would throw on some used hoops for $20.

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I have a car that I plan to sell imminently, after my visitor here completes a road trip with it.

Yesterday at 2AM my phone rings: "i need your insurance info for towing/roadside assistance.  the rear tire blew". All the tires are at 50% treadlife. Local shop says the tire is not repairable (I think they're just lazy to work on a tire with sound-deadening foam liner). AND they replace it with a budget'ish Nankang, which are now mismatched on the car.

Later at 6PM my phone rings: "im so sorry, the front tire just blew up". Tow truck guy also confirms this time it's a pretty big gash on the sidewall, so for sure irreparable. This new shop has a matching Michelin, but now we're paying a premium for a car that will be sold to a dealer next week anyway.

In all about $700 is going to be completely blown, because that expenditure can't be recouped when the car has a bunch of rubbers that are mismatched in age and brands. Kinda wish we had access to a Mexican shop who would throw on some used hoops for $20.

Pics of female visitor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/1/2023 at 9:11 PM, Sandman said:

People that list things for sale and say "This won't last long!!!". If you're selling it and you know it will sell quick, why do you have to tell us? Just post it and let it sell. This goes double for douchebags on facebook and car dealerships. 

Whataburger has been offering the Patty Melt as available for “a limited time” since 2004. 

• Haha 3

The topic of people tossing bags of dog shit in random trash cans has been mentioned many times. Someone actually walked up to my trash can that was by my garage to deposit their baggie of dog shit. Haven't seen that one before.

• Rage+1 5

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The name of the small shopping center on Burnet Road: “Casa Plaza.” It’s from the 60s, I’m sure, but clearly they just took two Spanish words and said “there, that’s a name.”

A couple of times I’ve come across bars named “Pinche’s.”  There used to be one in Webster. I know it’s an extremely versatile word, but basically a bar named that is called “F’ers.”  The English-speaking clerks at the business license obviously DGAF.  

Here’s a good one for Spanish-speakers (my first language), particularly for Mexican Spanish speakers (accent):

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Whataburger has been offering the Patty Melt as available for “a limited time” since 2004. 

Whataburger has not had no damn patty melt since 2004. 

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

IMG_5649.jpeg

If you don't show up in shorts with black socks and sandals, I don't want to know you any more.  And I really like you.  

Also, you have an easy out.  You literally invented the concept of Grand Juries 200 years ago, so you've done your part.  Get yourself a tex-mex plate and margarita and enjoy.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Oldfarts over 70 are exempt, and I only wear shorts & polo shirts plus Skechers and white socks.

Besides, I already served on a Federal district court jury - Judge Sam Sparks presiding (that gentleman was funny).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Oldfarts over 70 are exempt, and I only wear shorts & polo shirts plus Skechers and white socks.

Besides, I already served on a Federal district court jury - Judge Sam Sparks presiding (that gentleman was funny).

I read that as meaning you don't have to wear shorts, not that you can't wear them. It doesn't say you have to wear pants, though. Nor does it define "appropriate". 

You know what to do. 

EDIT: This seems to imply that you must use a browser to enter some data (all of which they already have), when in this case all they need is "over 70". This in turn means that you are apparently now requred to either have, or have access to, a computer of some sort. Yes, a phone is a computer, but it doesn't necessarily have a working browser. Call their number and tell them you're over 70, and anyway, you are unable to logon to their web site but you'll be happy to fill in the form if they'll just send you a paper version. And you'll need a stamped, envelope to return the form.

ALTERNATIVELY: Call them and ask how you can guarantee a spot on a jury, on account of all these welfare bums and shoplifters need a good lesson in the Texas Justice System.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 6:23 AM, nnm said:

CSB warning 

went on a vacation that included some golf time.  Got halfway through my round before I realized there was a kink/crink in the shaft of half my irons where my soft golfbag had been crushed or run over.  Closed the face ever so slightly.

Switched to a semi-solid after that trip. No ragrets.

• Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Give coins first before bills when you hand someone change. The boomers training this generation of retail employees should be launched into the sun.

People who use cash holding up the line for the retail employee to make change.

33 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Country music right now is basically just a different jumble of the same key words in every song. One big Autozone commercial.  

Mainstream Nashville “country” is that way.    There are plenty of good acts but way too many schlock acts.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

Mainstream Nashville “country” is that way.    There are plenty of good acts but way too many schlock acts.  

Same as it ever was, I guess. But allow me to inform you of the deep meaning behind one of Brian Kelley's tattoos. 

• Haha 3