Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

speaking of grocery stores.

i guess everyone is now buying their groceries online.  my local store has about 10 parking places next to the door where you pull up and they load in the groceries you "ordered".  but the surly part is that every fucking isle has a dude with a cart loading up for the lazy fuckers.  traffic jams in the store caused by online grocery shopping...assholes.
Everyone is fucking lazy these days. I'll do my own shopping. Doesn't take me that long at all. I'm not in any hurry get that back home. I don't need some dude to do my shopping for me.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 hours ago, chesthair said:

i guess everyone is now buying their groceries online.  my local store has about 10 parking places next to the door where you pull up and they load in the groceries you "ordered".  but the surly part is that every fucking isle has a dude with a cart loading up for the lazy fuckers.  traffic jams in the store caused by online grocery shopping...assholes.

Everyone is fucking lazy these days. I'll do my own shopping. Doesn't take me that long at all. I'm not in any hurry get that back home. I don't need some dude to do my shopping for me.

Dude - grocery stores are fertile hunting ground for you. Don't pretend otherwise. We all know that you spotted a fatty, made eye contact with her, then dropped a package of Twinkies in your cart while she watched. 

Edited by Jameslaw121

On 7/10/2018 at 9:22 AM, PvilleStang said:

They have the "Electric Vehicle" parking out at Walnut Creek / Havins fields in North Austin.  I think of all the times I've been out there since they were installed, I've seen 2, maybe 3 electric cars plugged in, while there are cars having to park in the grass since they are afraid of getting ticketed.  Now, how many time's I've seen non-electric vehicles park there, I definitely lost count.

For the Silicon Valley fans:

Guilfoyl_EV.jpg

• Like 1

People who smoke right outside said entrance...

C’mon rocket surgeon... nobody wants to breathe that nasty shit inside the building.

and exhale a few times before you come running back in you filthy pigs.

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I know it has been mentioned before, but people who park right in front of a busy door and stand there indefinitely. Whether it be just bull shitting about how regarded they both are or in my most recent experience a group of girls (High school age no pics you perverts) parking 2 inches from a hotel exit awaiting coach (HS basketball tourney in Louisville, KY) to pick them up.

Move 2 feet to the left or right, you don't need "box out" the front fucking door.

I'm blaming the "corch" for not fixing this bullshit prior to leaving to get the van.

Oh, man, this one for sure. Same with in middle of hallway or right in front of stairs. I like to just buzz right between them.  Was about to do this to two guys standing in front of the stairs at work one day when at the last second one turns to me and says "hi, how are you doing today?". It was the CEO of the company (big company and rarely see him). I took a quick veer to the right and went around instead.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:43 AM, chesthair said:

Shopping in the store is for suckers. And the poor. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Shopping in the store is for suckers. And the poor. 

And people who value quality over convenience. I think the suckers are the ones letting someone else select their meat and produce for them. And paying extra for the privilege of helping the grocer clear out their older stock. 

23 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

The merge issue, particularly as it relates to Austin Texas, could truly be it's own thread.

Merging correctly is a concept that has been completely lost to passage of time.

I don't think I've assumed another driver on the road knows how to merge or follow a Yield sign for about 3 years (and it probably took me too long at that). I will say that there are a lot of silly yield signs at freeway entrances around Austin still. Maybe a 'yield' was suitable in 1992, but we're way past the days where you could come to a stop at a freeway entrance ramp and wait until it's "safe" to enter. Any time between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. you will be waiting there forever and have a line of cars 10 deep honking at you before you're able to find enough space to merge carefully. No thanks, cross those fingers and step on the gas, see you on the other side.

On 7/12/2018 at 4:18 AM, BurntEyes said:

I know it has been mentioned before, but people who park right in front of a busy door and stand there indefinitely. Whether it be just bull shitting about how regarded they both are or in my most recent experience a group of girls (High school age no pics you perverts) parking 2 inches from a hotel exit awaiting coach (HS basketball tourney in Louisville, KY) to pick them up.

Move 2 feet to the left or right, you don't need "box out" the front fucking door.

I'm blaming the "corch" for not fixing this bullshit prior to leaving to get the van.

A similar situation to this = people who need to have their group hug with relatives/friends as they're exiting the jetway into the airport while deplaning, thereby blocking everyone behind them on the jetway.  Yeah, we know you're happy to see your Aunt Millie or whomeverthefuckitis.  Just move it to the side or take it farther into the gate area so that everyone deplaning behind you doesn't have to slow down and go around your dumb ass, esp. if we're in a rush to catch a connecting flight.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PilotsError said:

People who think there's a difference in quality of meat and produce at grocery stores.

There is significant difference, both in quality and price.

Especially price.

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah, that's the one. And yes, I admit, those did help, but I promise at 5 pm or after 10 pm on a weekend, hearding cats would be smoother.

Oh yeah, going north on Mopac from 360 or 71 (pick your shit storm) is also a pain. 

Have you tried earplugs?

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

As a colorblind person, I hate when websites use stupid made up names for colors, instead of the standard color names. I don't know what "dusty peach" is, or "bold mandarin". Just say blue, green, red, etc.

i always tell people my mom only bought me the 8 pack of crayons and if a color isn't one of those, i have no idea what it is.

Edited by elfenix
cue mom crayon packing joke

7 hours ago, Sandman said:

As a colorblind person, I hate when websites use stupid made up names for colors, instead of the standard color names. I don't know what "dusty peach" is, or "bold mandarin". Just say blue, green, red, etc.

You gotta admit though, bold mandarin is a pretty sharp looking color. 

When someone hears my wife and I talking or one of us talking to our kids in Portuguese and they say “oh you speak Spanish?”

Or when it comes up that my wife is from Brazil and the other person says “oh, so she speaks Spanish?”

One time my now former mother in law pulled some shit like that on me. We were all sitting in the airport waiting to board a flight for a family trip. Lady sitting across from us was on her phone. She was clearly SE Asian and speaking her native language. MIL leans over to me and asks me what she’s saying. I tell her I have no clue as she’s likely speaking Vietnamese or some other language from that area. MIL leans back realizing her mistake. Then looks over at me and said “well that must be an expensive phone call then”

• Like 1