Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Amazon emailing me about their new pharmacy bullshit.
I click the "manage your communication preferences" link on the email.
Scroll down the list of bazillion Amazon departments of who I want emails from.
All of them are deselected, including ... that's right ... the Amazon pharmacy.
Who can I sue?
Class action time. Deep pockets and whatnot.
Got it today. Thought it was spam at first. GTFO Amazon.

17 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Amazon emailing me about their new pharmacy bullshit.

I click the "manage your communication preferences" link on the email.

Scroll down the list of bazillion Amazon departments of who I want emails from.

All of them are deselected, including ... that's right ... the Amazon pharmacy.

Who can I sue?

Class action time. Deep pockets and whatnot.

jefe bezos thanks you for helping put his penis rocket into space

Weather Channel still thinks I live in Conroe.  4 years later.  Deleted Ap.  Deleted old sign-in. Tried everything.

Sounds like Target and The Weather Channel don't talk to each other...

2 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

This is really random...but, super dark window tint.

Not being able to see the car in front of the car in front of me, while navigating I-10 traffic in Houston is annoying.

I always thought that there was some type of law or ordinance that dictated how dark the windows can be. But I see super dark ones all of the time.

I always thought that there was some type of law or ordinance that dictated how dark the windows can be. But I see super dark ones all of the time.
In Texas, only on the front 2 windows. And the windshield stripe can't be below a certain line. Other than that, it's free game on how dark you want it.

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
14 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

In Texas, only on the front 2 windows. And the windshield stripe can't be below a certain line. Other than that, it's free game on how dark you want it.

Kinda racist.

On threads like the Rain 2023 thread, posters report what is happening in ____ Zip Code instead of their county/town/neighborhood. Even if it’s one of the 5% of Zip Codes I recognize, there are more precise ways of describing a location than Zip Codes that can cover a wide area. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

Yesterday cooking I sliced the tip of my index finger neatly parallel to the nail and right under it. So I had to double Bandaid it, one with the pad across the cut and sticky stuff on the sides of the finger and one wrapped around the finger to hold that one in place since it won’t stick otherwise. 

I’ve been making typos with this fat fucking finger all day and I’m super damn surly. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

16 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yesterday cooking I sliced the tip of my index finger neatly parallel to the nail and right under it. So I had to double Bandaid it, one with the pad across the cut and sticky stuff on the sides of the finger and one wrapped around the finger to hold that one in place since it won’t stick otherwise. 

I’ve been making typos with this fat fucking finger all day and I’m super damn surly. 

liquid skin is your friend

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/10/2023 at 5:04 AM, 52-80 said:

I've spent now 3 Kafka'esque months spiraling through Dante's circus of corporate hell trying to get.... a purchase of $50 software installed on my work laptop using the 'official procedures'. 

It involves traipsing through how ever many countless procedures and processes and different internal 'applications' and emailing different teams and people.  This has been a goddamn nightmare.

I've experienced it before.  So I'm not surprised... just disappointed.

On 8/10/2023 at 11:09 AM, 52-80 said:

This one time I needed to buy a spare laptop charger and it was about $150 from amazon delivered next day, but through our corporate procurement process it took 2 months, and when the item was finally shipped out, total cost was $300, $100 of which went into “expedited shipping & handling”

Ive always felt overpaid but holy hell is there just so much more corporate waste in this organization 

They make it a pain in the ass hoping you will just give up and buy it yourself.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/27/2023 at 1:18 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 8/27/2023 at 12:15 PM, mininghorn88 said:

Of all the people on this site, I absolutely know Vic is 100% accurate on this. 

• Like 1

Fuck solicitors.

Don't knock at my gotdam door in the evening.

There's even a little sign on the door politely telling you to fuck off.

Don't fucking knock you sorry motherfucker.

If you are that inconsiderate, why in the living hell would I buy something from you.

Burn in hell selfish motherfuckers.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Fuck solicitors.

Don't knock at my gotdam door in the evening.

There's even a little sign on the door politely telling you to fuck off.

Don't fucking knock you sorry motherfucker.

If you are that inconsiderate, why in the living hell would I buy something from you.

Burn in hell selfish motherfuckers.

This is unintentionally very good poetic meter. 

I'd alter the very last line a bit, though. 

Edited by ztejas

11 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Checking the darkness of window tint has been an excuse for cops to pull someone over for years now.

burned out license plate light might be the number one excuse I've had used on me.  Oddly didn't happen once I sold my old Mustang and got one that wasn't a 15 year old V6.  The entire time I was in my GT, never got harassed.

2 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

burned out license plate light might be the number one excuse I've had used on me.  Oddly didn't happen once I sold my old Mustang and got one that wasn't a 15 year old V6.  The entire time I was in my GT, never got harassed.

I was pulled over once for having an obscured license plate by a DPS trooper. He said that my Texas Ex frame partially blocked “Texas” at the top of the plate. He let me go with a warning. BS.

The same trooper pulled my son and one of his buddies over. My son was 15 at the time and the friend was 16. My son’s friend was driving and changed lanes without signaling. Both boys were written up for dipping and had to do community service by picking up trash along the highway and take a drug and alcohol awareness program. Fortunately the local cop of the small town where we lived knew both boys and only had them pick up trash for about an hour and then signed them off as all hours completed. The bigger issue, from what I recall, was that if my son got busted again for tobacco then he would not have been eligible to get his license until he was 18.

This trooper that pulled both of us over was notorious for pulling people over for BS reasons.

That's DPS MO alright.  They can spot an expired sticker from 300 yards and God help you if you don't have a front plate or all your lights working.  Dudes used to sit in their cars at the little DPS office on 15th street across from the capitol, where they have about a 3 block jurisdiction and pull people over at lunch time just to get their jollies.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Felix said:

That's DPS MO alright.  They can spot an expired sticker from 300 yards and God help you if you don't have a front plate or all your lights working.  Dudes used to sit in their cars at the little DPS office on 15th street across from the capitol, where they have about a 3 block jurisdiction and pull people over at lunch time just to get their jollies.

Usually those stops for minor offenses such as obscuring license plate or tint level are used as fishing expeditions for other stuff. If you’re a 45-yo Karen driving a late-model momcar, you won’t get pulled over for that. If you’re a teenager or fit a certain demographic and are driving a beater, you’re more likely to get popped. 

Edited by nnm
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Usually those stops for minor offenses such as obscuring license plate or tiny level are used as fishing expeditions for other stuff. If you’re a 45-yo Karen driving a late-model momcar, you won’t get pulled over for that. If you’re a teenager or fit a certain demographic and are driving a beater, you’re more likely to get popped. 

I think DPS just likes to shame people.  "You should take care of your vehicle" is one I've heard more than once for things I wasn't even aware of.  I used to work downtown and my middle aged white self driving various late model vehicles got stopped at least 3 times for that stupid crap.  Once for an inspection sticker that expired the day before, once for a bad tail light, and once for, get this, a dirty license plate.  Yeah.  They're dicks.

In my 20's, I sped.  a lot.  It was my experience that DPS Troopers were WAAAAY more professional and less likely to be assholes.  Local cops had the little-dick syndrome out the wazzoo. Oh and I've been pulled over by a Game Warden, who was cool, but also remarked, "You know how bad you screwed up to get ME to pull you over?"

Yep.  That was a doozy.

I am very conscientious of my speed these days, but I still observe a lot of shit at 35-40k miles driven per year.  Seems to me DPS is all about DOT enforcement and big rig regulation.  Yeah, they're gonna pull someone over if they're doing 90; but it seems like they don't don't mess with the penny-ante shit like they once did.

We hired a guy several months ago. He was a director at a smaller competitor that we occasionally compete with, so we have him a somewhat equivalent position.

He is afraid to give the client bad news, so just just buries it, hoping it never comes up.

I met with him for 3 hours today to fully understand the situation. I brought it up during the client meeting, explaining the situation, giving them a potential solution that will overcome the cost, and ended the meeting with everyone agreeing to work on it together.

Fucking simple.

I’m now of the opinion that if someone is looking for a job, they’re probably not worth hiring. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, slorch said:

In my 20's, I sped.  a lot.  It was my experience that DPS Troopers were WAAAAY more professional and less likely to be assholes.  Local cops had the little-dick syndrome out the wazzoo. Oh and I've been pulled over by a Game Warden, who was cool, but also remarked, "You know how bad you screwed up to get ME to pull you over?"

i didnt pay attention and cant remember who issued my various speeding tickets when i was young... but i do remember during college it was 3 Highway Patrol vehicles that pulled me over in downtown austin and issued multiple tickets for me being on a bicycle... so they can all eat ass

• Haha 1

I was pulled over for having one of two license plate lights out. Plate was still lit up by the other.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

i didnt pay attention and cant remember who issued my various speeding tickets when i was young... but i do remember during college it was 3 Highway Patrol vehicles that pulled me over in downtown austin and issued multiple tickets for me being on a bicycle... so they can all eat ass

Wait, is that a good or a bad thing? At least half of this board seems to be of the opinion that consuming feces is a good thing. 

This fucker had no working brake lights. The factory installed 3 brake lights but fast forward a few years and not a single one works at all. No need for inspections in this state, we trusted a bunch of stoned teenagers to do inspections for $8 and still there's a fuck ton of hoopties in the road so obviously inspections don't work so let's get rid of the inspection but you still owe the $8.

Only trivial b/c I quickly figured out this fucker who should be dragged from his van and beaten severely didn't have brake lights so I didn't run into the back of his piece of shit.

1a5612620aa9270973319cc9d5163686.jpg

• Like 1