Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

People who think it’s cute or funny to have their little kid do the message on their voicemail. Or just little kids voices in general. I don’t like kids. 

Literally haven’t listened to a voicemail message in maybe seven years. I hang up as soon as I hear it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

People who think it’s cute or funny to have their little kid do the message on their voicemail. Or just little kids voices in general. I don’t like kids. 

Believe it or not, Biff doesn't like kids. 

Please leave a message at the beep.

I must be out, or else I'd pick up the phone. 

Where could I be? 

Believe it or not, I hate kids. 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The shit your kid says isn’t as cute or as funny as you think it is. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

maybe understand that an orthodontist might not think hot chocolate is great for your kids teeth. . 
Or go fuck yourself.  Your choice. 

1. Did you miss the name of this thread where it is "Trivial Things"?

2. The hot chocolate ratio is maybe 2:15 for both coffee & tea. Apparently the kids are burning through the hot chocolate whereas the coffee obviously isn't as popular.

6 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

1. Did you miss the name of this thread where it is "Trivial Things"?

2. The hot chocolate ratio is maybe 2:15 for both coffee & tea. Apparently the kids are burning through the hot chocolate whereas the coffee obviously isn't as popular.

But do they have Penthouse?

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2024 at 7:14 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

32fa11aba286b48c05508190021c31c5.jpg
Fuckers in the car wash line that don’t need a damn wash

IDK if I've ever been through the carwash at night, or is it 1PM there?

those are the people you want to be behind, not the guy with a bunch of dirt on his car which is going to get into the brushes and sandblast your car.  so this should be in the trivial things that please you thread.

not a concern in a laser wash, i guess.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

Or the idiot in front of us today in the members only line and clearly not a member because the gate isn't going up. He had to punch the "need assistance" button and of course we had to wait 5 minutes before someone came to help, then another 5 minutes while they took his credit card to pay for his wash. It's our first sunny day in a week so it was super crowded. JFC people are idiots. 

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Or the idiot in front of us today in the members only line and clearly not a member because the gate isn't going up. He had to punch the "need assistance" button and of course we had to wait 5 minutes before someone came to help, then another 5 minutes while they took his credit card to pay for his wash. It's our first sunny day in a week so it was super crowded. JFC people are idiots. 

Maybe the guy thought he had an in because he wore one of these?

image.thumb.png.f182be34bab6f123b96ee1636a410d20.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

If one more co-worker brings up chat gpt at the office I'm going to lose my shit.  Quit acting like a glorified google search tool is making you so much more effective because you lack the skills to string together a coherent and convincing series of words in a customer email.  It's quite easy to tell a chat gpt generated email from a human generated email.  It makes you look like a hack.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

If one more co-worker brings up chat gpt at the office I'm going to lose my shit.  Quit acting like a glorified google search tool is making you so much more effective because you lack the skills to string together a coherent and convincing series of words in a customer email.  It's quite easy to tell a chat gpt generated email from a human generated email.  It makes you look like a hack.

Wow, someone sounds a bit insecure about their own writing abilities. Maybe you should try using chat gpt yourself, instead of bashing your co-workers for being smart and efficient. Chat gpt is not a glorified google search tool, it's a powerful AI that can generate natural and persuasive language for various purposes. It can help you craft better customer emails, improve your grammar and spelling, and even write creative content like poems and stories. It's not easy to tell a chat gpt generated email from a human generated email, unless you have a bias against AI. In fact, I bet you couldn't tell the difference if you tried. Here's a challenge for you: which of these two emails was written by chat gpt, and which one was written by me?

Email A: Dear Customer, Thank you for your interest in our product. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with your purchase and that it meets your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty to our brand. As a token of our gratitude, we would like to offer you a 10% discount on your next order. Just use the code THANKYOU10 at checkout and enjoy your savings. We hope to see you again soon. Best regards, The Customer Service Team

Email B: Hello Customer, We are happy that you like our product. It is good that it works for you. Thank you for telling us what you think and for buying from us. We want to say thank you by giving you a 10% off coupon for your next order. Use the code THANKYOU10 when you pay and save money. Come back soon. Thanks, Customer Service

Can you guess which one is which? I’ll give you a hint: chat gpt is much better at writing than you are. 😉

Edited by nnm

34 minutes ago, nnm said:

Wow, someone sounds a bit insecure about their own writing abilities. Maybe you should try using chat gpt yourself, instead of bashing your co-workers for being smart and efficient. Chat gpt is not a glorified google search tool, it's a powerful AI that can generate natural and persuasive language for various purposes. It can help you craft better customer emails, improve your grammar and spelling, and even write creative content like poems and stories. It's not easy to tell a chat gpt generated email from a human generated email, unless you have a bias against AI. In fact, I bet you couldn't tell the difference if you tried. Here's a challenge for you: which of these two emails was written by chat gpt, and which one was written by me?

Email A: Dear Customer, Thank you for your interest in our product. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with your purchase and that it meets your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty to our brand. As a token of our gratitude, we would like to offer you a 10% discount on your next order. Just use the code THANKYOU10 at checkout and enjoy your savings. We hope to see you again soon. Best regards, The Customer Service Team

Email B: Hello Customer, We are happy that you like our product. It is good that it works for you. Thank you for telling us what you think and for buying from us. We want to say thank you by giving you a 10% off coupon for your next order. Use the code THANKYOU10 when you pay and save money. Come back soon. Thanks, Customer Service

Can you guess which one is which? I’ll give you a hint: chat gpt is much better at writing than you are. 😉

I will say that whoever wrote Email B sucks ass.  Human or machine.

Edited by Biff Tannen
Also sounds like someone is a bit insecure about chat gpt.
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I will say that whoever wrote Email B sucks ass.  Human or machine.

Edited 12 minutes ago by Biff Tannen
Also sounds like someone is a bit insecure about chat gpt.

Ha. The entire response was gpt. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Cool. So are you really wanting to defend chat gpt or are you just fucking around?

25 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Edited 24 minutes ago by Biff Tannen
Cuz I’ll cut a bitch

Just being provocative. But it is useful for basic tasks as long as you edit the auto-generated text to make it your own. /No Claudine Gay/

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, nnm said:

Idiots who schedule a 08:00 meeting on Monday morning. 

I had a VP of Sales at a company I worked for that held a standing 8 am CT Monday morning sales meeting.  He was based on the East Coast, but the team was spread across all 4 time zones.  So our West Coast colleagues had a 6 am standing Monday call.  He was a real cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wonder how many posters use GPT to shit post on here?

• Like 1

I had a VP of Sales at a company I worked for that held a standing 8 am CT Monday morning sales meeting.  He was based on the East Coast, but the team was spread across all 4 time zones.  So our West Coast colleagues had a 6 am standing Monday call.  He was a real cunt. 

East coast dgaf about your hippie west coast time zones
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

A buddy was trying to convince me of the amazingness of Chat GPT on Saturday and literally everything he found through it, I was able to get as quickly on Google.

• Hook 'Em 1

USPS is awful. No accountability. Their prices are also now through the roof. Recently, I finished a book and wanted to send it to my sister in ABQ.  Had to go to the post office anyway so took the book in a box.  It was going to be something like $25 to mail the book at the cheapest possible rate. The stinking thing only cost $15 delivered from Amazon!  Needless to say, I did not mail the book but just bought another copy for her. 

UPS might actually be worse. If, for whatever reason, the sender required signature for delivery, and you happen to not sit at home 24/7 waiting for the UPS guy, you’re screwed. There is no way to get ahold of them. You can try their phone number, but you have to input the tracking number by voice (not phone number pad), and does not recognize the numbers. I tried this with three different people (had 3 different friends try to speak the number), using all 4 chances you get in a phone call, and never was able to get past that dead trap in the help loop. Package got returned. 

This entire post is bullshit. You don’t have 3 friends.
  • Haha 2

On 1/29/2024 at 2:24 AM, nnm said:

We have really reached peak AI buzz

In the hackathons and other company wide events recently, 90% of the project pitches are based on chatgpt/"ai"/"machine learning", applied in the most nonsensical way by people with as much technological grasp as my grandma

"we propose to investigate deploying chatgpt to improve supply chain planning"

"use AI to enhance the water temperature in the office toilet"

• Haha 1

When I'm getting takeout or delivery, I have a pro tip for restaraunts, it's called put fucking utensils in my order you cheap fucks. 

It's gotten to the point where I'm more surprised when there actually is a plastic fork/spoon included in the order. And when I'm picking food up in person I've started opening up the bag to check in front of them like an asshole.

"Are there utensils in here?"

"Yeah there should be"

"Hmmm it appears that there are not"

"Oh, sorry, here you go!"

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

When I'm getting takeout or delivery, I have a pro tip for restaraunts, it's called put fucking utensils in my order you cheap fucks. 

It's gotten to the point where I'm more surprised when there actually is a plastic fork/spoon included in the order. And when I'm picking food up in person I've started opening up the bag to check in front of them like an asshole.

"Are there utensils in here?"

"Yeah there should be"

"Hmmm it appears that there are not"

"Oh, sorry, here you go!"

Fair point, but conversely, I don't need utensils if I'm taking food back to my home or some other location that has silverware, and would prefer not to just throw it away because it was included by default. 

Perhaps restaurants should make it a more industry-standard practice to ask people whether they want utensils. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Perhaps restaurants should make it a more industry-standard practice to ask people whether they want utensils. 

11 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

Couple of the food delivery apps have a specific check box to add utensils to order. I appreciate that, since I have no use for disposable utensils and really hate the plastic waste when they include them.

Yep. And what do y'all think the hit rate is for the restaraunt actually including utensils when you check that option?

I'm all for minimizing waste but that isn't what they're trying to do - they're trying to save a buck. It's kind of a "have it not need it" vs. "need it not have it" thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Fair point, but conversely, I don't need utensils if I'm taking food back to my home or some other location that has silverware, and would prefer not to just throw it away because it was included by default. 

Agree with this. 90% of the time I don't need plastic utensils, and they just end up in a bag (because we can't bring ourselves to toss them). I'd prefer they don't include it unless I specifically ask for it.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/29/2024 at 4:54 AM, nnm said:

Idiots who schedule a 08:00 meeting on Monday morning. 

My wife works on several teams scattered across the world. She has 7AM meetings at least once a week. There have been 7PM calls, 11PM calls. Once her coworker in Singapore saw her online at 1AM, and asked if she could talk.

To add to nnm, idiots who schedule 8AM meetings in LA or San Diego when I live in Orange County, about 45 and 85 miles away.

• Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

My wife works on several teams scattered across the world. She has 7AM meetings at least once a week. There have been 7PM calls, 11PM calls. Once her coworker in Singapore saw her online at 1AM, and asked if she could talk.

To add to nnm, idiots who schedule 8AM meetings in LA or San Diego when I live in Orange County, about 45 and 85 miles away.

Our headquarters are in Texas, our operations in Africa, and offices around the world.  I’m used to dealing with inconvenient times. The hardest to deal with are Australia and New Zealand. 
But similar to your post, it’s an 08:00 CST meeting on Monday morning that pisses me off, when everybody attending the meeting is located in the CST. Freaking idiots. 

sorry business got in the way of your lazy asses.

IDGAF what time they schedule shit.  If it's dumb I won't be on, unless it's urgent, and urgent shit doesn't go down that way.

People that can’t even navigate an HEB parking lot.  They don’t know how to exit the property, causing a backup, and then everyone behind them blocks the lanes.  So it’s gridlock (no one can enter from the street or turn down a blocked lane) and the people are too stupid to figure it out.  

12 hours ago, HouTex said:

People that can’t even navigate an HEB parking lot.  They don’t know how to exit the property, causing a backup, and then everyone behind them blocks the lanes.  So it’s gridlock (no one can enter from the street or turn down a blocked lane) and the people are too stupid to figure it out.  

Chik-fil-a parking lots are worse by a lot. 

Edited by nnm