Week 15 Cowboys v Rams: Wade Delivers the Garrett Death Blow

Junior Miller

50 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

I'll certainly give the Cowboys credit for today. They played well.

What I won't do is jump on the train about how talented they are and they've finally broken out in time for the playoffs. Until demonstrated otherwise in the actual playoffs, they're just an inconsistent team that has good days and bad days.

I think games like today show exactly that this team has a lot more talent than 7-7 with this easy ass schedule. They are capable of playing like this but are so inconsistent they oftentimes don't perform to their talent level. The way I've always believed it's that if one or two players aren't performing to their talents level then it's the players. If most of entire teams aren't performing to their talent level consistently then it's on the coaching. 

The coaches only real job is to take a collection of individuals and get them to play collectively up to their talent level as consistently as possible. 

13 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Pretty sure Cowboys would've been OK with Pollard at RB this yr with little drop off if Zek held out. What a waste of $. 

Eh. So many players have great games in this league and then are never heard from again. Who knows what Pollard would look like in a feature role.

I do believe Pollard would work if we went to a pass happy offense, which is what we should. The league is a passing league now. No team really relies heavily on any one RB like we do. In theory, yes, Zeke being paid that much money is a waste but with the way we run our offense, it did make sense.

20 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Pretty sure Cowboys would've been OK with Pollard at RB this yr with little drop off if Zek held out. What a waste of $. 

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Eh. So many players have great games in this league and then are never heard from again. Who knows what Pollard would look like in a feature role.

I do believe Pollard would work if we went to a pass happy offense, which is what we should. The league is a passing league now. No team really relies heavily on any one RB like we do. In theory, yes, Zeke being paid that much money is a waste but with the way we run our offense, it did make sense.

It’s tough, because I’m like 99% sure Zeke would’ve ultimately caved if we kept playing the game of chicken that we were playing. Probably after one or two games. And we win those games with or without zeke. But I don’t see any scenario where Pollard is able to carry the full workload. This team clearly needs Zeke to play like he’s always played. But it is nice to have a home run hitting change of pace back. This team desperately needed that, but we haven’t used him the right way all year.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

14 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

....... But it is nice to have a home run hitting change of pace back. This team desperately needed that, but we haven’t used him the right way all year.

The main reason is we haven't run consistently with Zeke. The change of pace back doesn't work if they aren't getting pounded with the big fatty.