Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

What? No mention that Michelle Obama was the most admired woman in the Gallup poll they are referencing? Huh. Also, although last year Trump tied with Obama, this year (according to Gallup) more of the Democratic poll takers were split between Obama and Biden (out of the ~1000 people telephone surveyed).

Also, that Mark Steyn seems like a bit of an asshole who would like to return to the 1950s. Lot to admire about the fifties, but let's improve on it, not repeat it.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just went to Brenham to visit my dad... Trump signs and flags everywhere, including this place...03a08ca3ff1906c08d484c9a2a6da4c3.jpgea1249bd194738e11b307790d7673444.jpg

I bet this was a hell of a place in the late 80s early 90s...owners got old and died, a dead beat son inherited the place with maybe a million or two.

Dead beat son proceeded to blow said million or two on stupid ass business deals (like dotard).

Dead beat son is obese as fuck, a bankruptcy or two, can’t maintain the place and will probably lose the property soon for unpaid taxes...dotard is his idol.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

What? No mention that Michelle Obama was the most admired woman in the Gallup poll they are referencing? Huh. Also, although last year Trump tied with Obama, this year (according to Gallup) more of the Democratic poll takers were split between Obama and Biden (out of the ~1000 people telephone surveyed).

Also, that Mark Steyn seems like a bit of an asshole who would like to return to the 1950s. Lot to admire about the fifties, but let's improve on it, not repeat it.

Michelle Obama wasn't even on the ballot!!! The greatest scam the world has ever known even got votes for Mini-mammaries Michelle!!! Do something!! Fast!!!

17 minutes ago, deech said:

Maybe it's the Inglourious Basterd in me, but I kind of want all the Trump supporters to keep their signs out until the end of days.

They probably see them as the blood on the doorpost when the Proud Boys and Q-Anon bring the storm.

I'm not sure that I'm even kidding. I liked my country better when we could sort of hide this pathology from the world and ourselves.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I hope this is just what's leaking out and that they've actually been on top of this shit for YEARS.  Because it's all fucking there and they better not just be starting now.

I have to wonder if they don't take cues from IRS audits on when they should launch investigations like this.  Seems any irregularities would be caught by such an audit, and where there is smoke...so it goes.    But with the reduction in funding and staffing of the IRS over the past decades, they don't have the manpower to spend on the miasma that has to be trump's returns.   Hence, no audits shooting up flares, and no further investigations.    Seems the banks and lenders might be the only other people to push any fraud investigation, but people who live in glass houses.  

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

"defence department"

henrygandorf beat me to it.

11 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Yep. He’s nuts 

Don't you know Hotwheels, Paxton and Goeb are so happy Texas didn't go Biden?

22 minutes ago, deech said:

Maybe it's the Inglourious Basterd in me, but I kind of want all the Trump supporters to keep their signs out until the end of days.

They will. It replaces the Stars and Bars.   S&B represented racism.  Trump 2020 represents racism and a whole lot of other shit (deregulation, unemployment, stock market, economy) that can conveniently be used to deflect from the fact it's really all about race.

1 hour ago, texas08 said:

I bet this was a hell of a place in the late 80s early 90s...owners got old and died, a dead beat son inherited the place with maybe a million or two.

Dead beat son proceeded to blow said million or two on stupid ass business deals (like dotard).

Dead beat son is obese as fuck, a bankruptcy or two, can’t maintain the place and will probably lose the property soon for unpaid taxes...dotard is his idol.

I think you nailed it, except that you could have gone back only a couple of years instead of 30-40.  Here's what it looks like on Google maps streetview currently:

image.thumb.png.6da3c25253132a4b60d127e1157d0b54.png

• Like 2

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-fears-that-his-influence-is-waning?ref=home

As his days in office come to a close, President Donald Trump has hinted to those close to him that he’s worried his influence within Republican circles may be waning. 

Fearful of party stalwarts growing comfortable crossing him, the president has pushed to keep up the pressure and plot possible revenge scenarios against potential turncoats, according to three people who spoke to him as he unwound at Mar-a-Lago and elsewhere over the holiday weekend.

“Why aren’t they just listening [to me]?” one of the sources recalled Trump asking during a diatribe against prominent GOPers who the president felt weren’t fighting for him on his current battle lines: from nullifying the 2020 election outcome, to torpedoing liability law for Big Tech, to sending out $2,000 checks for COVID-19 relief.

The comments came during Trump’s Christmas getaway in Florida this past weekend and for those who heard them they were some of the clearest indications to date that the president has reached an inflection point. Outwardly insistent that he was robbed of a re-election victory, he has privately groused that too many in his party are acknowledging the reality of his actual loss and showing signs of tiptoeing away from him.

At other points during the long Christmas weekend, the president continued bemoaning the perceived lack of fealty from various elected Republicans, the sources recounted. He rattled off names such as Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Rep. Adam Kinzinger (for being, in Trump’s estimation, a “wise guy”), and even his own VP, Mike Pence.

“He is keeping a running [mental] list of Republicans who he believes have wronged him since the election,” a source close to Trump said. “The president certainly wants it out there that he’s capable of holding a grudge, and that he has campaigned against [some] Republicans before and could do it again.”

Spoiler

Trump’s musings evoke a president at once eager to portray himself as mighty and tacitly fearful that his aura of political power may be breaking.

The president keeps insisting to his supporters that he could somehow still cling to that power—with President-elect Joe Biden’s Jan. 20 inauguration in Washington, D.C., fast approaching—through increasingly anti-democratic efforts to nullify the election results. 

But privately, the president has begun losing faith in the work of even some of his most diehard surrogates and allied attorneys. Last week, Trump had informed the conspiracy theory-spouting lawyer (and former member of his legal team) Sidney Powell that he did not intend to appoint her “special counsel” to investigate election “fraud,” as the two of them had once discussed. And in recent days, he’s acknowledged to some confidants, with apparent disappointment, that Powell keeps “striking out” in court and overpromising but underdelivering in her crusade of wild allegations of a massive conspiracy, two people familiar with his admissions said.

As Trump and many of his MAGA devotees look to the Jan. 6 session in Congress for certifying the Electoral College vote as a potential last stand, the outgoing president’s already limited attention to the responsibilities of the office he holds has dwindled even further. Limited resources and attention are now being paid to even his primary objectives.

After weeks of trumpeting his administration’s coronavirus vaccine rollout as one of the crowning jewels of his time in office, Trump has tried this week to shovel as much guilt as possible onto the states for the slower-than-projected rollout. He has pushed publicly for Congress to pass $2,000 checks to Americans for COVID relief. But he’s done little to work Republicans on Capitol Hill to support the measure, save the occasional Twitter excoriation for potentially bucking him. Although his White House has gone to great lengths to pretend as if it is readying for a second term, members of his staff have quietly begun leaving.

Derek Kan, formerly a senior official at Trump’s Transportation Department and White House budget office, became one the latest to do so when he filed ethics exit paperwork this week noting that he’d left the administration on Dec. 5. A source familiar with his post-administration plans told The Daily Beast that Kan will be advising the investment firm Oaktree Capital. The ethics paperwork also indicates he’s lined up a gig with Deliverr, a San Francisco-based eCommerce fulfillment startup.

“Actions speak louder than words, and from what we’re seeing of staff leaving the White House and preparations others are making to leave, it’s sinking in what will happen on Jan. 20,” said Steven Groves, who served as a lawyer, and then spokesman, in the Trump White House. “Even though it appears President Trump knows this, he still knows how to command the press’ attention. But to me, as a conservative, any energy spent by the Republican Party at this time that is not directed at the Senate races in Georgia is misdirected.”

Individuals close to Trump and several of his senior aides say that in recent weeks, the president has struggled behind closed doors to hide his feelings of loss, frustration, and disappointment. Often, he has reverted to his old habits of sheltering himself from voices of mild dissent in his own ranks, ones who would tell him to let it go with even a modicum of grace.

Trump is determined to keep up appearances, attending various social functions and parties, where he is feted by the Trump faithful. And many of his friends insist that he is, whatever the contradictory evidence may be, not mad or losing heart.

On Sunday evening, Trump took a brief moment during a buffet feast at the Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach to reunite with his former political adviser Roger Stone, whom he had just pardoned the week prior. Stone said he was at the club that night as a guest of Christopher Ruddy, the Newsmax CEO and another Trump pal.

When asked about what Stone and the president discussed, Ruddy told The Daily Beast, “I don’t comment on any of the private dinners,” adding that the “president has seemed upbeat about things lately.”

In the midst of his building despondency, Trump is seizing on little, unexpected joys where he can find and get them. This week, Gallup announced that its public polling shows that Trump now ranks as the “Most Admired” man in the United States, ending his predecessor Barack Obama’s 12-year stretch as the most admired man. According to Gallup, that would make Obama “tied with Dwight Eisenhower for the most ever.”

The “Most Admired” man and woman surveys that Gallup conducts annually lean heavily on name recognition and national fame, and it is incredibly common that the sitting president, no matter who it is, emerges as a winner. Given that metric, it actually took Trump an unusually long time to topple Obama from the top spot, as the former Democratic president bested Trump for most of the years of the latter’s term.

To some presidents, that might come off as embarrassing. But not to Trump. According to a source with direct knowledge of the matter, soon after the president was informed of how he, in Trump’s own words, “beat Obama” this year, Trump specifically instructed aides to publicly promote it far and wide.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I hate articles that purport to disclose “Trump’s mood” or “his plan” or “what he is really thinking.”

Thoughts rattle around Trump’s head like a BB in a tin can, his brain is an AM radio scan than never quite catches the signal. And he blurts out exactly everything that fires one of his flickering synapses at any given moment.  This shit is worse than useless, it’s damaging because it gives us the illusion of him being predictable and rational. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

They will. It replaces the Stars and Bars.   S&B represented racism.  Trump 2020 represents racism and a whole lot of other shit (deregulation, unemployment, stock market, economy) that can conveniently be used to deflect from the fact it's really all about race.

This is accurate. Supporting Trump isn’t so much a political act as it is embracing the idea of vicarious assholery for people who are too cowardly to just be real assholes.

Saying the n-word, ranting about how there are too many Mexicans around— that’s being a real asshole and you’ll get trashed for it or maybe even your ass kicked. In the past, the battle flag allowed you to do that and if forced to defend yourself—- it’s “heritage not hate.” But now that shit won’t fly, either. It’s more socially acceptable to crap in the frozen food aisle than wear Confederate flag gear in most semi-civilized zones.

But MAGA hats? Trump flags? How can anyone dare attack you for supporting POTUS? And it also effectively tells the world that you think there are too many Mexicans around. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I hate articles that purport to disclose “Trump’s mood” or “his plan” or “what he is really thinking.”

Thoughts rattle around Trump’s head like a BB in a tin can, his brain is an AM radio scan than never quite catches the signal. And he blurts out exactly everything that fires one of his flickering synapses at any given moment.  This shit is worse than useless, it’s damaging because it gives us the illusion of him being predictable and rational. 

I generally agree, but the articles showing his distress and his general infancy as a human being are delicious schadenfreude.  Delicious.  Yum yum.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 10:33 AM, texas08 said:

You have no reason to call me obese.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Well, since this thread will be locked within a few hours I’ll go ahead and say one more time that I absolutely hate this fat sack of fuckshit.  

Second!

Three things are about to happen:

(1) 2020 will finally end

(2) this thread will finally end

(3) Trump’s reign of terror will end 

7 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

But freedom fries. 

And this won’t go down as a covid related death. So much winning.

Oh it will go down as a Covid death, so the bill can be upped.   It's what is really happening, opposite of the early covid deaths being attributed to other things, to keep the numbers down.

10 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Well, since this thread will be locked within a few hours I’ll go ahead and say one more time that I absolutely hate this fat sack of fuckshit.  

I second this motion.

Man, a year ago we were in the midst of impeachment stuff. That sure seemed like a low point at the time.

Who knew that he’d kill off enough Americans to empty out Honolulu and then try (and keep trying) to overthrow the government? It sure feels like a low point. What’s in store for 2021?

We can close the book on this thread, but tomorrow Donald J. Trump will still be President, roughly 4000 Americans will die of coronavirus, we will edge one step closer to a legitimate Constitutional crisis that could take place on January 6th, we'll probably nuke Iran, Tom Herman will still coach Texas football, Shaka Smart will still coach Texas basketball, and I won't have sex for the Nth night in a row (as N approaches infinity).

Happy New Year, everyone!

#out

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2