Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

10 minutes ago, TornACL said:

With Trump constantly using the strategy of "investigating the investigators" I find it somewhat odd he's never gone after the IRS re: this endless audit of his tax returns. 

A five year audit and Trump hasn't all caps'd a tweet about PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

That's certainly the reason why, donald.  Has nothing to do with the constitution or the fact that neither of them ran against you in 2016.  

What exactly is the Obama scandal?  For such a huge bombshell, I haven't actually heard anything.  

At this stage they're just making shit up.  Want to know know what election night at the White House is going to look like? 

Spoiler

It's the original movie, believe it or not:

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This guy is doing to the entire country what he did to Atlantic City. But if you ask him about it, I’m sure he’ll say it is thriving and he left it in better shape than it has ever been. 

Guest Lobo

I'll give Trump credit, he largely ignored Obama for a huge chunk of 2019.  And now he can't go 5 minutes without saying Obama's name.  Hmmm, curious why that is.  The guy literally left you the all-star team of pandemic planners and instead you behaved like Rachel Phelps, the owner's widow in "Major League" and sold them all off.  Ironic because I think she died in real life at one of your golf courses.  

Trump is the walking epitome of the Two Letters adage.  He is blaming Obama for everything and anything he can.  Soon, he will find himself opening the second letter.  My guess is September.  

Edited by Lobo

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'll give Trump credit, he largely ignored Obama for a huge chunk of 2019.  And now he can't go 5 minutes without saying Obama's name.  Hmmm, curious why that is.  The guy literally left you the all-star team of pandemic planners and instead you behaved like Rachel Phelps, the owner's widow in "Major League" and sold them all off.  Ironic because I think she died in real life and one of your golf courses.  

Trump is the walking epitome of the Two Letters adage.  He is blaming Obama for everything and anything he can.  Soon, he will find himself opening the second letter.  My guess is September.  

It's the Trump playbook. If you say a falsehood and lie enough people will believe it. At least stupid people will. Again, if he would just do his job well he would easily get reelected. Instead, he's so bad at it and it's so over his mental capabilities that he has to make up all these lies about the previous administration to make himself look good. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

I get it, and I agree.  But his previous playbook was successful because he spoon-fed the line of reasoning to his base.  So they could follow along and then arrive at his assertion seemingly on their own independent accord using logic and reason.  Just screaming "Obama was corrupt" and #Obamagate is just ringing hollow.  There's been some vague attempts to tie Obama to the Russia investigation, but his most ardent supporters in my circle of life are kinda left like, "Yeah, Obama...he's bad.  Lock him up...uh, you go President Trump.  I guess.  I mean...wait...what the fuck does Obama have to do with the Impeachment and any of this China Virus shit going on right now?"  

He's trying to dogwhistle his most vehement supporters right now but it's like 1:59am at the bars and this base is looking to get laid and keep the party going, but for some bizarre reason---he's the guy in your group trying to blame the night's end strikeout on some other guy that was at the bar at 8:00p.  Yeah, maybe you didn't like that guy but that was a long time ago and he's no longer the reason you're going home pissed off and filled with rage.  It's sorta comforting to blame that dude but it's almost 2:00a and you've got no cash and there are no taxis to help you.  Best case, you and Trump end up at iHOP bitching about bitches.  Worst case, you're gonna start picking fights 'cause you have zero idea what the fuck is going on anymore.

46 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'll give Trump credit, he largely ignored Obama for a huge chunk of 2019.  And now he can't go 5 minutes without saying Obama's name.  Hmmm, curious why that is.  The guy literally left you the all-star team of pandemic planners and instead you behaved like Rachel Phelps, the owner's widow in "Major League" and sold them all off.  Ironic because I think she died in real life at one of your golf courses.  

What is the Two Letters adage?

Guest Lobo

Based on a true story from the old Soviet Union and Kruschev.  When you assume high office, your predecessor leaves you two letters in your desk.  He instructs you to open up the first letter the first time to get mired in deep crisis and can't see your way out.  The newly elected leader opens it up and it says simply, "Blame the entire crisis on my, your predecessor."  So during the crisis, he blames the previous administration, and it works like a charm.  If another crisis should arise, open the second letter.  Another crisis does come and so he opens the second letter which simply states, "Sit down and write two letters."  

Trump is full swing in his last crisis as President.  But he is attempting to use the first letter long after that option has been exhausted.  Blaming Obama for what is going on right now, or trying to deflect some shit onto his administration is a fool's errand.  He knows it, but his base isn't connecting the dots.  They already hate Obama, that's Trump's flaw...that's what he should be writing two letters right now.  Stirring up hatred for Obama is already done.  His 60mm+ voters dislike and distrust Obama, that's a fixed number.  Nobody who is trying to get amped up to go out and vote this November is listening to this shit and thinking, "Yeah, I've been on the fence for 3.5 years, but what's this I'm hearing about Obamagate?"  

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Based on a true story from the old Soviet Union and Kruschev.  When you assume high office, your predecessor leaves you two letters in your desk.  

Here's the story: Stalin, knowing that his time was short and that Khrushchev would be his eventual successor, summoned Nikita to a very private meeting. After telling Khrushchev how lonely it could get at the top, Stalin said: "I've left for you two letters containing my wisest counsel in the bottom drawer of the desk. Do not open the first one until things are totally terrible. The second letter should only be opened when you are sure there are no answers to your problems, when you are despairing."

Khrushchev took over and enjoyed a Russian honeymoon. Then followed trouble: a failed harvest; the five-year plan was two years late and many rubles short; plotting by his political enemies. At 3 a.m. one morning, Khrushchev broke down and opened the bottom desk drawer and read the first letter. Its message: "Blame everything on me . . . Stalin."

That's what Khrushchev did successfully in a major party address. All the troubles of the present were pinned on the policies of his predecessor. It worked, and the pressure was off, for awhile.

The second honeymoon was brief. Hostilities along the Chinese border, another lousy crop and the humiliating Cuban missile crisis did very little for Khrushchev's job rating and even less for his own peace of mind. He was down. Then he remembered the bottom desk drawer. Making certain he was alone, Khrushchev quietly opened the envelope and read the one-line message: "Write two letters . . . Stalin."

• Like 1

Here's Obama's letter to Trump.  I can't imagine Trump leaving a letter, no matter how or when he leaves office.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/03/politics/obama-trump-letter-inauguration-day/index.html

Dear Mr. President - 

Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.

This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It's up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions -- like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties -- that our forebears fought and bled for. Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.

Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.

Good luck and Godspeed,

BO

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I'll give Trump credit, he largely ignored Obama for a huge chunk of 2019. 

Except for the rallies. It was a little like watching that famous boxing announcer that says, "Let's get ready to ruuuuumble" only it was gripe, gripe, gripe and "you know who's responsible for ___________, Barack Huuuuussssssssein Obama!" It got as much cheering as "lock her up." However, that really just works with the rally types and hard core supporters like you said.

spacer.png

Doesn’t even know the context and still attacks Obama. And millions of people support this behavior. I knew Trump would be a shitshow as president but how he continues to lower the bar over and over for acceptable behavior is sad. How republicans can continue to support this behavior and think they have the moral high ground on issues is crazy. 

• Like 2

No idea. I don’t watch “The Bachelor” or any of it’s spin-offs.

I prefer my reality television with a game involved - “Survivor”, “Big Brother”, etc.

I even used to watch “The Apprentice” until the contestants were D-list celebrities instead of “real people”.

I bet Trump loves “The Bachelor”.

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Well, you had to know Obama was going to be the last part of the show. They definitely wouldn't give him less than 10 minutes. They wouldn't give him more than 20 minutes given the rest of the scheduled speakers/performers. So you figure it'll be in the last 15 minutes, give or take a couple minutes, so you just need to tune in occasionally during that window so you don't miss it. 

I wish LeBron would stfu about education. Dude, like the graduates we were celebrating last night, you have a high school diploma. As a freak athletic star, how hard did you have to work to earn it? You're not dumb, but you're also not educated. When you talk about education, I think that shows. 

One of the worst takes I’ve ever seen on this site. Pure jealousy of Lebron. Anybody who wants to promote education should, regardless of level of education.  This isn’t hard.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Based on a true story from the old Soviet Union and Kruschev.  When you assume high office, your predecessor leaves you two letters in your desk.  He instructs you to open up the first letter the first time to get mired in deep crisis and can't see your way out.  The newly elected leader opens it up and it says simply, "Blame the entire crisis on my, your predecessor."  So during the crisis, he blames the previous administration, and it works like a charm.  If another crisis should arise, open the second letter.  Another crisis does come and so he opens the second letter which simply states, "Sit down and write two letters."  

Trump is full swing in his last crisis as President.  But he is attempting to use the first letter long after that option has been exhausted.  Blaming Obama for what is going on right now, or trying to deflect some shit onto his administration is a fool's errand.  He knows it, but his base isn't connecting the dots.  They already hate Obama, that's Trump's flaw...that's what he should be writing two letters right now.  Stirring up hatred for Obama is already done.  His 60mm+ voters dislike and distrust Obama, that's a fixed number.  Nobody who is trying to get amped up to go out and vote this November is listening to this shit and thinking, "Yeah, I've been on the fence for 3.5 years, but what's this I'm hearing about Obamagate?"  

Trump's letter to the next President.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Irieguy said:

One of the worst takes I’ve ever seen on this site. Pure jealousy of Lebron. Anybody who wants to promote education should, regardless of level of education.  This isn’t hard.

Username does not check out. Nice neg spree, bitch. 

Pure jealousy of LeBron? You're a fucking moron. I'm hardly a LeBron hater, jackass. And I'm all for supporting education. In a perfect world there would be no need for wealthy celebrities to donate to educational causes. But LeBron talking about the importance of education sounds a little like Jerry Garcia telling kids not to do drugs. 

It's strange to see people get so much sand in their vaginas over such an innocuous opinion. Seriously, get a life. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Username does not check out. Nice neg spree, bitch. 

Pure jealousy of LeBron? You're a fucking moron. I'm hardly a LeBron hater, jackass. And I'm all for supporting education. In a perfect world there would be no need for wealthy celebrities to donate to educational causes. But LeBron talking about the importance of education sounds a little like Jerry Garcia telling kids not to do drugs. 

It's strange to see people get so much sand in their vaginas over such an innocuous opinion. Seriously, get a life. 

It’s not innocuous. You said you would rather LeBron not speak about education. It comes off as elitist. Who are you to judge who can promote education? The message is much more important than the speaker. And LeBron has never been anti-Education so your Jerry Garcia comparison is ridiculous and shows your bias. If you could identify what part of his message was flawed you would have a point. You haven’t done that. 

Edited by Irieguy

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Well that settles it.  Based on Trump’s own tweets and retweet’s Obama is the most corrupt President ever and Trump is the greatest President ever, even better than Lincoln.  I don’t know how anyone can argue against this at this point.   Nobody looks at the truth or facts anymore so I guess we will just go with this.