Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

that last one surprises the shit out of me. so basically 100% of his base is middle-aged white men? what happened the decade or two before I was born? did everyone eat lead paint as a requirement to pass 3rd grade?:

I think we are the same age (mid 40s) so: you couldn't say racial slurs , beat women or hate on the gays anymore so shitty old white guys are pissed?

19 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m glad all the problems in this country have been solved so the president can tweet this shit. 

It’s hard to put into words how weak and pathetic that is.  Honestly, it’s just dumb and appeals to dummies. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m glad all the problems in this country have been solved so the president can tweet this shit. 

I guess the argument is “hey, we know there are endless examples of MAGA tards doing horrific shit, but — believe it or not — it is all one continuous streak of misunderstandings”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

This is going to get some interesting reactions....

This is amazing. A Trump-supporting satire account mocks CNN as fake news by imagining that, if CNN reported on this toddler chase story, it would distort the story and completely misrepresent the true events as reported in the original, accurate story that aired on *checks notes* ...CNN.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This is amazing. A Trump-supporting satire account mocks CNN as fake news by imagining that, if CNN reported on this toddler chase story, it would distort the story and completely misrepresent the true events as reported in the original, accurate story that aired on *checks notes* ...CNN.

It’s that 20D chess again. 

1 hour ago, AbeFroman said:

I’ve had conversations on acid that weren’t that unorganized.

Your avatar fits perfectly with the quoted section of your post.  What else do you do as an interviewer with that nonsense?

40 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

LOL and you see in the comments that all that money "he's" giving away was mandated by 2015 legislation.  So, thanks Obama!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I am pretty sure somebody was aware of the double meaning. Or just gross incompetence, which is never too far out of the mix here.

https://emojis.wiki/red-triangle-pointed-down/

Meaning of 🔻 Red Triangle Pointed Down Emoji

Red Triangle Pointed Down emoji is a red triangle with its top pointed pointing down. You can use this emoji as another version of an arrow. Use it instead of the ⬇️ Down Arrow emoji to tell the person you are talking to to pay close attention to what you are going to send next.

They didn't use an emoji embedded within the text like you've just provided as an example. It was clearly an expanded image from a copy/paste that they attached to their post (and, yes, I did check to verify it was an actual post from the Team Trump FB account earlier today). They were not pointing downward at some subsequent post.

I'm not saying Trump nor the majority of the Team Trump staff are Nazis, but it is clear that whoever created that post knew the message they were conveying by using that symbol given the context of the situation. I highly doubt it was an accident, and at this point, it's really difficult to provide Team Trump with the benefit of the doubt knowing that Miller likely has a few proteges working his angle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I'm not saying Trump nor the majority of the Team Trump staff are Nazis, but it is clear that whoever created that post knew the message they were conveying by using that symbol given the context of the situation.

Like I said, I am sure that somebody on staff was aware of the double meaning and should have screened it out. Wouldn't rule out gross incompetence either.  But I'll admit that I was not familiar with that particular piece of nazi flair. Mind your emojis. 

23 minutes ago, bolverk said:

They didn't use an emoji embedded within the text like you've just provided as an example. It was clearly an expanded image from a copy/paste that they attached to their post (and, yes, I did check to verify it was an actual post from the Team Trump FB account earlier today). They were not pointing downward at some subsequent post.

I'm not saying Trump nor the majority of the Team Trump staff are Nazis, but it is clear that whoever created that post knew the message they were conveying by using that symbol given the context of the situation. I highly doubt it was an accident, and at this point, it's really difficult to provide Team Trump with the benefit of the doubt knowing that Miller likely has a few proteges working his angle.

It was a dog whistle for the racists in his base that also gives him the ability to complain about the liberal tech companies Twitter and Facebook "censoring" him.

Also gives him an excuse for poor polling numbers and for his eventual loss. I would have won if they all weren't working against me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Like I said, I am sure that somebody on staff was aware of the double meaning and should have screened it out. Wouldn't rule out gross incompetence either.  But I'll admit that I was not familiar with that particular piece of nazi flair. Mind your emojis. 

That's kind of the worry though, isn't it? The fact that a member of the campaign is willing to traffic in that sort of symbology and "go there" should be a cause for concern.

It was a pretty brazen move to unveil that filter to wink and nod at a particular message using a very specific code.

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Your avatar fits perfectly with the quoted section of your post.  What else do you do as an interviewer with that nonsense?

LOL and you see in the comments that all that money "he's" giving away was mandated by 2015 legislation.  So, thanks Obama!

There are a lot of morons out there who believe the president can just throw money around like he's pretending to be doing. Probably the same people whose sole evaluation of the president is the current state of the economy. 

10 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

There are a lot of morons out there who believe the president can just throw money around like he's pretending to be doing. Probably the same people whose sole evaluation of the president is the current state of the economy stock market. 

Also those people own no stocks so that's of no real use to them either, but they sure did like to brag about it.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so there are two videos in the last 35 posts that mimic cnn but can’t get the fucking chyrons to even look right.  what kind of hacks are these?

Smart enough to have plausible deniability. And the audience targeted does not watch CNN - so they won't know the difference. Facebook will spread it like a poison. And the civil unrest will continue. 

Anyone feeding into the race war narrative is aiding some of the worst elements in our society. 

8 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

that last one surprises the shit out of me. so basically 100% of his base is middle-aged white men? what happened the decade or two before I was born? did everyone eat lead paint as a requirement to pass 3rd grade?:

It is more widespread than middle age white men. The demographics are remarkable. He threads a needle with micro-groups of voters. And most do nothing outwardly to support him - other than to secretly vote for him.Look at the "Masks are Tyranny" protestors. They are the tip of the iceberg. 

Gotta vote people. Do not get complacent. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 5

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/19/trump-interview-mail-voting-329307

President Donald Trump called mail-in voting the biggest threat to his reelection and said his campaign's multimillion-dollar legal effort to block expanded ballot access could determine whether he wins a second term.

In an Oval Office interview Thursday focusing on the 2020 election, the president also warned his party in blunt terms not to abandon him and cast Hillary Clinton as a more formidable opponent than Joe Biden, despite his commanding lead in polls.

The president’s assertion that mail-in voting will endanger his reelection comes as states across the country are rushing to accommodate remote voting in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Millions of voters could be disenfranchised if they decide to stay home on Election Day rather than risk contracting the virus at crowded polling stations.

But Trump and his campaign argue, despite a lack of evidence, that widespread mail-in voting will benefit Democrats and invite fraud. The Republican Party is spending tens of millions of dollars on a multi-front legal battle.

“My biggest risk is that we don’t win lawsuits,” Trump said. “We have many lawsuits going all over. And if we don’t win those lawsuits, I think — I think it puts the election at risk.”

Trump was asked a two-part question during the interview: Would a substantial amount of mail-in voting — which is widely expected because of coronavirus — cause him to question the legitimacy of the election? And would he accept the results no matter what?

Spoiler

“Well, you can never answer the second question, right? Because Hillary kept talking about she’s going to accept, and they never accepted it. You know. She lost too. She lost good.” Clinton conceded the day after the 2016 election. 

Trump struck a firmer note last week in an interview with Fox News, when he said he would leave office peacefully if he lost.

The president’s rare admission of concern about his political future comes at the most precarious moment of his presidency. Polls have shown the president trailing in an array of key states — some of which haven’t been lost by a Republican in decades — amid criticism of his handling of the coronavirus pandemic and his response to the protests against police brutality.

Now, with Republicans fighting to keep their Senate majority, lawmakers running in competitive races are having to decide whether to align themselves with the president or risk his wrath by creating daylight. Trump made clear those who choose the latter will pay a heavy price.

Joined by top aides, including his son-in-law Jared Kushner, Trump put Senate Republicans on notice: Running away from him would only trigger a revolt by his loyalists.

“If they don’t embrace, they’re going to lose, because, you know, I have a very hard base. I have the strongest base people have ever seen,” said Trump, who met with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell last week to discuss the party’s prospects in key Senate races.

Trump is keenly aware of how he stacks up against other Republicans on the ballot this fall. At one point during the interview, White House Political Director Brian Jack handed the president a document showing how he had fared better in several primaries this spring than a handful of Republican senators he shared the ballot with in their home states. Included on the chart was North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis, one of the most vulnerable Republican incumbents up for reelection this November. While Tillis received 78 percent in the state's March primary, Trump got 94 percent, it noted.

"Wow, that’s great in North Carolina, huh?" Trump remarked as he looked over the sheet.

Senate Republicans have largely remained in lockstep with the president, but there have been a few exceptions. Maine Sen. Susan Collins, one of the party’s most vulnerable lawmakers, has yet to say whether she backs Trump’s reelection and didn’t appear with him when he visited her home state last week. Michigan GOP Senate candidate John James recently told black community leaders that he disagreed with Trump on “plenty, plenty of issues.”

During the interview, Trump rattled off a list of senators who lost their seats after separating themselves from him. He recalled ending the political careers of Tennessee Republican Bob Corker (“So, anyway, I went after him,” he said. “No longer a senator.”) and Arizona Republican Jeff Flake (“He went from 54 percent to 3.”). Nevada Republican Dean Heller “went down” in the general election (“How did it work out for the great senator of Nevada? Not too good.”).

“We will, on occasion, have some senators that want to be cute,” he said. “And they don’t want to embrace their president.”

Much of the president’s focus, though, was on his own race. He portrayed Biden as a weaker candidate than Clinton. Clinton, Trump said, was “obviously smarter" than Biden. And after savaging Clinton for having "no stamina" in 2016, the president indicated he thought she had more energy than the 77-year-old Biden.

"I can tell you a lot about Hillary," Trump said. "She had a lot of energy and she was smart."

Even as coronavirus cases are rising in many places, the president insisted the virus is on the decline. He said it is “heading south" — "meaning leaving.” Days before his first major rally during the pandemic, Trump accused Biden’s campaign of using coronavirus as an excuse to shield him from public scrutiny, including questions from the media.

"We haven’t really seen the real Joe because they have him — they’re hiding him," Trump said. Biden and his campaign say he's acting responsibly and heeding the advice of public health experts.

Trump was clearly fixated on the forthcoming tell-all book by former National Security Adviser John Bolton. He described Bolton as a “whack job” and a “sick customer” and said that “everybody thought he was totally nuts.” He recalled having a conversation with Bolton in which the former adviser defended his outspoken support for the Iraq war.

“I said, ‘John, honestly, if you believe that now — I could understand maybe at the time — but if you believe that now, there’s something seriously wrong with you,’” Trump said. 

As he was wrapping up the interview, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin entered the Oval Office to summon Trump for a meeting with the governors of Nebraska and Oklahoma. Before they headed out, Trump looked over a critical review of the Bolton book and the two reveled in the drubbing. The president appeared very pleased.

I am pretty sure somebody was aware of the double meaning. Or just gross incompetence, which is never too far out of the mix here.

https://emojis.wiki/red-triangle-pointed-down/
Meaning of Red Triangle Pointed Down Emoji
Red Triangle Pointed Down emoji is a red triangle with its top pointed pointing down. You can use this emoji as another version of an arrow. Use it instead of the  Down Arrow emoji to tell the person you are talking to to pay close attention to what you are going to send next.

Plays into the narrative. “Librul media banned an emoji!!” Message gets amplified. All with a knowing wink and nod by Steve Miller style wannabe brownshirts. I read the ad but was for 88 posts. They know what they’re doing.

I think we are the same age (mid 40s) so: you couldn't say racial slurs , beat women or hate on the gays anymore so shitty old white guys are pissed?

If you can’t project your self loathing onto others, then you may have to do some self examination. That makes some folks really angry.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

“Well, you can never answer the second question, right? Because Hillary kept talking about she’s going to accept, and they never accepted it. You know. She lost too. She lost good.” Clinton conceded the day after the 2016 election. 

This is a perfect encapsulation of pretty much everything he says.  Long, bloviating lie that is then succinctly rebutted by one sentence of truth.

Ah yes, New York protesters had it so easy....what with all the rubber bullets and bean bags to the head, the constant flow of tear gas, and random baton beatings administered to pregnant women and cyclists.  They've had it too easy, I tell you this!  

Also, yes...agitators and looters are a real problem right now in many cities.  But grouping in "protesters" with them?  Dah fuh man?  You're literally and categorically saying that someone standing outside the BOK Arena with an anti-Trump sign should be treated the exact same as someone down the street looting from a CVS?  They're all the same to you?  Are you fucking insane?  

Plus, if "lowlifes" aren't allowed...is Eric just supposed to wait in the car? 

Edited by Lobo

Just now, Lobo said:

But grouping in "protesters" with them?  Dah fuh man?  You're literally and categorically saying that someone standing outside the BOK Arena with an anti-Trump sign should be treated the exact same as someone down the street looting from a CVS?  They're all the same to you?  Are you fucking insane?  

Yes, insane.  And evil.  And cruel.  And authoritarian and anti-Constitution.  And anti-American.

thumb_its-true-all-of-it-dgdfh-han-solo-

Trump:  "What about those guys over there?  Are they agitators or anarchists?  Maybe lowlifes?"  

Walter:  "Those people are Sooners, Donny."