Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, Player said:

How exactly does one differentiate an okie from a lowlife?

It's a complicated algorithm, taking into account number of teeth, recent meth usage, mobile housing history, mullets....and even then, the computer has a damned hard time drawing the line.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's a complicated algorithm, taking into account number of teeth, recent meth usage, mobile housing history, mullets....and even then, the computer has a damned hard time drawing the line.

like covid testing, it's 50/50 at best. 

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Like I said, I am sure that somebody on staff was aware of the double meaning and should have screened it out. Wouldn't rule out gross incompetence either.  But I'll admit that I was not familiar with that particular piece of nazi flair. Mind your emojis. 

Stephen Miller knew what he was doing 

You Trumpers, you understand that 50/50 testing isn't "Perfect Testing"? 

It doesn't mean the test got 50 out of 50 points correct on a quiz, it means there's only a 1 in 2 chance that it's accurate.  

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I think that the rarity of the upside down red triangle as an emoji certainly indicates that there was a deliberate choice and bad intent involved.

Well, and the fact that these morons have followed literally every fucking page of the first few chapters of the authoritarian handbook perfectly thus far (save one -- the Forward to that book, which says "but you have to be competent to really pull this shit off" -- thankfully).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that the rarity of the upside down red triangle as an emoji certainly indicates that there was a deliberate choice and bad intent involved.

The graphics used in the coordinated ad campaign were more than an emoji. Facebook even took that shit down. Get out of here with that weak sauce

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, and the fact that these morons have followed literally every fucking page of the first few chapters of the authoritarian handbook perfectly thus far (save one -- the Forward to that book, which says "but you have to be competent to really pull this shit off" -- thankfully).

My first reaction generally is don't assign to malice that which can be easily explained by incompetence, but the symbolism, and the word/ad counts if those are accurate is more than a coincidence.  

17 hours ago, 'stache said:

The Tulsa Theater is a few feet from the klan kampout taking place. These banners are all over town. Let it be known that many of us don't support the klan kamp kult and hope they all get fucked.

Image may contain: sky, tree, car and outdoor

That's great to see.

I drove through eastern Oklahoma twice going to and from New England in May and June. I didn't pass through Tulsa.

The people are nicer, but I have to say that it has the feel of rural Mississippi which is my least favorite part of America to have visited. I'm from Texas, so I don't have a northerner's bias. Makes me wonder if east OK is like East Texas: more southern than southwestern.

Except for Aggies who are truly different, I don't carry football rivalry feelings beyond the realm of sports. I didn't like the feel of eastern OK. I'm glad the general impression is muted by what you're showing us. 

I'm sure Trump's people chose Tulsa knowing there would be great support. Good for Tulsa patriots to show the would-be tyrant that his support is not solid even there.

That should go over well with some of the more highly regarded  Trump Rally attendees.  I know a few of my idiot relatives in the Tulsa area probably have some choice words about it.  The same ones who just can't see what is wrong with replying to the phrase "Black Lives Matter" with "All Lives Matter" over and over and over.  

49 minutes ago, Pasken said:

I hope coverage of this event is steamed somewhere. What are the odds it gets really really ugly?

The antifa folks I follow on twitter are warning protesters to stay away, saying the risk of violence from the right is too high. Considering Trump threatened protesters with violence this morning on twitter, that seems likely. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

That's great to see.

I drove through eastern Oklahoma twice going to and from New England in May and June. I didn't pass through Tulsa.

The people are nicer, but I have to say that it has the feel of rural Mississippi which is my least favorite part of America to have visited. I'm from Texas, so I don't have a northerner's bias. Makes me wonder if east OK is like East Texas: more southern than southwestern.

Except for Aggies who are truly different, I don't carry football rivalry feelings beyond the realm of sports. I didn't like the feel of eastern OK. I'm glad the general impression is muted by what you're showing us. 

I'm sure Trump's people chose Tulsa knowing there would be great support. Good for Tulsa patriots to show the would-be tyrant that his support is not solid even there.

In the Greenwood neighborhood, just a few blocks over, and the site of the 1921 massacre. There are many around here who feel that we are closer to midwestern than southern. There are plenty of articles about where Oklahoma fits into regions and there are arguments for many. From my observation, OKC has more of a Dallas feel, while Tulsa has more of a Kansas City feel. Both smaller obviously, but just the general attitude of the people. I feel that rural areas and small towns outside of the coasts are all pretty similar. The larger cities have a different feel. So yeah, rural eastern Oklahoma has a similar feel to rural Mississippi, and rural Texas.

image.thumb.png.816b94a66b6cde55d3b9497d2550b824.png

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 2

Methinks Trump is playing chicken with Twitter, fomenting violence with no real downside in his perverse calculus. Twitter restricts his post, Trump wins as a victim; Twitter stays silent and he looks like a tough-talking badass to his poisonous followers. Either way, distraction. The fact that America loses is utterly lost on him. There is only Trump.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 'stache said:

In the Greenwood neighborhood, just a few blocks over, and the site of the 1921 massacre. There are many around here who feel that we are closer to midwestern than southern. There are plenty of articles about where Oklahoma fits into regions and there are arguments for many. From my observation, OKC has more of a Dallas feel, while Tulsa has more of a Kansas City feel. Both smaller obviously, but just the general attitude of the people. I feel that rural areas and small towns outside of the coasts are all pretty similar. The larger cities have a different feel. So yeah, rural eastern Oklahoma has a similar feel to rural Mississippi, and rural Texas.

image.thumb.png.816b94a66b6cde55d3b9497d2550b824.png

Hence my love for KC style barbecue--I grew up on it. I think you hit it spot on with your description although I haven't lived there in years. To me, rural Oklahoma in the east depends on northeastern (Ozarky feel) or more southern towards Atoka, Poteau, etc it def has a isolated poverty and Mississippi vibe.

I see the new(ish) home of the Drillers is looking spiffy. Drove by the old stadium some years back because the kids wanted to see the Golden Driller. When my oldest was really small we took a picture of him wearing a kilt! I used to go to the Scottish games there and toss the haggis. Fun times.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

The people there fucking suck. I worked there many times. 

Meh, my family that still live there are not Trumpy and do what they can to dispel the negative stereotypes. It's probably a numbers thing. Plus, education since I left has been gutted and it's not like it was the Harvard on the Arkansas before I departed.

I will weep if there is violence and looting. If one studies the history of the city, interwoven throughout is so much tragedy. The plunder of Osage $$, the promise of the African American community set aflame, and the promise of a diverse American city rent asunder by hate and greed. It's amazing that Green Country (it's nickname) stuck because of the landscape and not the pursuit of the almighty dollar.

City of Tulsa imposed a curfew tonight in an area surrounding the BOK Center, from 10pm-6 am tomorrow.  The mayor and the Tulsa Police announced this.  As you can imagine, people on the Twitters are absolutely melting down:

Spoiler

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

City of Tulsa imposed a curfew tonight in an area surrounding the BOK Center, from 10pm-6 am tomorrow.  The mayor and the Tulsa Police announced this.  As you can imagine, people on the Twitters are absolutely melting down:

Reveal hidden contents

You have immensely brightened my day with all those sour grapes lmao. What a bunch of soy boy snowflakes

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hide contents

Oh the fucking irony

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Oh the fucking irony

They should clear the area with teargas and troops. A precedent was set by the President. LAW AND ORDER!

Edited by RPM
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Aggy dad calls it communism at it's best.  I loved that one the most because this has nothing to do with communism.

I liked the one that denigrated Tulsa officials as “agents of the crown.” Yes, that’s right. The President of the United States, Commander in Chief of the most powerful military the world has ever known, is being oppressed by a higher authority: the Mayor of Tulsa.

It will take decades to unwind the tangled knot of stupid that is the Trumpist brain.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

How many of those folks are scrubbing their tweets from the last week when the cities that had curfews in place were enforcing them upon protestors with teargas (not just looters) and they were naming everyone Antifa? Did they think the 75 year old man got what he deserved or are they having second thoughts?

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

How many of those folks are scrubbing their tweets from the last week when the cities that had curfews in place were enforcing them upon protestors with teargas (not just looters) and they were naming everyone Antifa? Did they think the 75 year old man got what he deserved or are they having second thoughts?

Why would they scrub their old tweets? They fully understand the difference. Curfews are for blacks and white traitors, because law and order. You don't curfew the trump loving PATRIOTS DONT TREAD ON ME NO STEP ON SNEK!!!!!

• Like 3