Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

At first, I was thinking that a hot, sunny summer day in Tulsa is probably a tough environment for the Covid droplets. I came back to look at this picture. These morons are crowding under tents to block the sunlight and leaning into each other to talk. From a handy link someone posted weeks ago, we know that talking produces way more droplets than merely breathing does.

I don't really wish Covid on anyone. Struggling for breath and eventually asphixiating is torture. This seems like some form of natural selection. Imagine the La Brea Tar Pit millions of years ago. "That place stinks and anyone who goes there never comes back. I hear the grass is good. I'll go check it out." 

The survival of the least dumbass of the species. Trumpists may dumb themselves out of existence.

This provides valuable context reminding us why Trump is all in on having a superspreader event. He's obviously never given a shit about his base, and is now just using them as vectors to drive further outbreaks that can eventually be used as justification for closing polling locations in order to rat fuck the election (or even try to "postpone" it...) 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

This provides valuable context reminding us why Trump is all in on having a superspreader event. He's obviously never given a shit about his base, and is now just using them as vectors to drive further outbreaks that can eventually be used as justification for closing polling locations in order to rat fuck the election (or even try to "postpone" it...) 

Biden needs to sue the shit out of the states doing this the day after he is sworn in.

Just taking a step back and looking at this "rally" objectively is just WILD from a sociological perspective.  It's a full on cult.  I know we've had popular presidents in the past, but this is something different.  These people are completely deluded and I bet most of them don't even know WHY they are really there, other than to be a part of the spectacle.  There is a deadly virus ravaging our population and these people are pretending it doesn't exist just to get a glimpse of this carnival barker and make a social statement.  

• Like 7

At first, I was thinking that a hot, sunny summer day in Tulsa is probably a tough environment for the Covid droplets. I came back to look at this picture. These morons are crowding under tents to block the sunlight and leaning into each other to talk. From a handy link someone posted weeks ago, we know that talking produces way more droplets than merely breathing does.
I don't really wish Covid on anyone. Struggling for breath and eventually asphixiating is torture. This seems like some form of natural selection. Imagine the La Brea Tar Pit millions of years ago. "That place stinks and anyone who goes there never comes back. I hear the grass is good. I'll go check it out." 
The survival of the least dumbass of the species. Trumpists may dumb themselves out of existence.

Covid may be the vaccine that saves us from Idiocracy. Unless all these attendees do the responsible, compassionate human thing and self-quarantine for two weeks after the klan rally is over, that is.

8 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

So we are here. Constitutional Crisis in the midst of a pandemic and economic depression. I guess who is running this country really does matter. We shouldn't have let Hank the Hallucination get elected...the joke is on us.

so what’s the verdict here?  can he be fired, or does he need to be replaced by a senate-confirmed appointee?

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

But if it's just about education and shitty schools, how come Hispanics aren't more racist?  Statistically speaking, they come from poorer/underperforming schools yet consistently rank as the least racist demographic in the nation.  

As others stated, there is also tremendous herd pressure not to shine too much academically.  And certainly looked down upon to read newspapers, attend cultural events, branch out of your social and familial circles, watch an international football match instead of a NASCAR race, that kinda shit.  Nothing that'll make you too well-rounded, lest you get labeled as a sell-out.  

I remember vividly in grades 6-12, kids would get picked on because they were into math, or computers, or robots, or video games, or politics/current events, or sci-fi/fantasy shit, etc.  That was 30 years ago, when those interests and hobbies were grounds for being picked on by other boys, and a deal-breaker for chasing girls.   Society grew up, particularly when it came to schools and bullying.  Well, a lot of Trump's America is still in that phase.  Only the people aren't in junior high, they're fully grown voters and it's not just between 3rd and 4th periods, it involves 60 million assholes covering the entire nation in little pockets of shithead mentality.  Meantime the popular guys pulling ass are now the guys that are into all the shit I mentioned above.  And these other bullies don't like that, they feel like the last 30 years of their life is their Senior Year being replayed over and over again like Groundhog Day where the prospects for a great future slim down more and more; and the the other 140mm "Nerds" in this country have long since passed them by.  

1.  Hispanics have a long, long history of racism and classism.

2.  Sorry you had shitty mentors around you growing up, but that was not the experience of many  successful Hispanics I know from San Antonio.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so what’s the verdict here?  can he be fired, or does he need to be replaced by a senate-confirmed appointee?

Deputy US attorney for SDNY is appointed, basically 2nd in command to Berman.  It basically prevents Trump from putting in the hand-picked acting for the acting for the acting.  So, if that was Berman's tactic to preserve these investigations, it may have worked.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Does it matter?  Are we gonna pretend that Mitch won't auto confirm whoever Trump picks?

Hope all these fired and resigned people are taking copies of everything with them. Trump is hoping to replace them with an industrial shredder. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

The purpose of that statute is to limit poltiical, "acting" appointees, thus dodging the requirement for Senate confirmation.  I think the pretty clear upshot of it is that he needs to be replaced by a Senate-confirmed appointment.

The President can make an acting or interim appointment, but it better be confirmed in 120 days or the court makes the appointment, who can be replaced only by a confirmed nominee.

The idea of appointing a securities lawyer SEC head to a US Attorney post is so ludicrous.  He might as well appoint the Commissioner of Patents.

I suppose the President (not the AG) can still remove Berman, but he can't be replaced except by a confirmed appointee.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1