Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

I actually fully support Trump's plan to eliminate payroll taxes for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I'm planning my retirement without SSI and will be fine. But secondly and more importantly, I would love to see the ultimate "leopards ate my face" moment when all of the idiot, racist Baby Boomers who voted for him lose their monthly checks in a couple of years. It would be the most satisfying schadenfreude in the history of anything. It would be fantastic. I really hope it happens, and I'm not being flippant or hyperbolic at all. I legitimately am rooting for it.

evil on fire GIF

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I actually fully support Trump's plan to eliminate payroll taxes for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I'm planning my retirement without SSI and will be fine. But secondly and more importantly, I would love to see the ultimate "leopards ate my face" moment when all of the idiot, racist Baby Boomers who voted for him lose their monthly checks in a couple of years. It would be the most satisfying schadenfreude in the history of anything. It would be fantastic. I really hope it happens, and I'm not being flippant or hyperbolic at all. I legitimately am rooting for it.

evil on fire GIF

A whole lot of innocents are gonna get fucked while you enjoy your schadenfreude.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

A whole lot of innocents are gonna get fucked while you enjoy your schadenfreude.

and a whole lot of people couldn't be bothered or both sided the elections in 2016.  Unfortunately, the hard way is what teaches society not to take their freedoms for granted.  People gave this away--and it won't stop there.  Teachers pensions and other government retirement pensions--hey they broke treaties throughout history and Trump just broke a whole bunch of them in the last few years.  Why does anyone think he'll/they'll value whatever agreements we made with our government?    

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

You must have missed where I posted elmo standing in front of the raging fire.

It would obviously get fixed by Biden or whoever before any serious pain is felt. But the thought of watching a bunch of trailer park boomers losing their shit at the thought of not getting their welfare check makes me happy.

Edited by BradInATX

Okay look, my hatred of Trump is well documented here.  I basically don't agree with 90% of what he's done in office (and I suspect after he leaves office, it'll be revealed that I'm closer to 97-99% disagreement).  But you fucking Democrats...c'mon.  Now, all of a sudden because of Captain Dipshit...now you give fuck one about the actuarial projections of the Social Security Administration?  Now, we as a country give fuck one?  Yes, his proposal is draconian and with great mathematical conceit.  this is not your bridge, believe me.  We'll get back to this.  Carry on though...

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

You are stupid.  Really, really, stupid.   Maybe young and stupid, but mind-numbingly  unaware of how many people rely on social security and disability, and who they are.  And how many of them are not Trump fans.  44% of people older than 65 voted for Clinton.   Women voted for Clinton 54-39 - a 15 point difference.  Women live longer than men, and so more women are on SS and SSI.   At best, you want half of old people to suffer because you are a butt-hurt snowflake mad at the other half.   You sound exactly like a Trumpster. 

Finally, you have no goddamn idea if you will be "fine".   Because life does not go the way you want.  I'm glad that you have young person myopic invulnerability, but if that was all it took, we'd all be living on our own island and sneering at Bill Gates.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

You are stupid.  Really, really, stupid.   Maybe young and stupid, but mind-numbingly  unaware of how many people rely on social security and disability, and who they are.  And how many of them are not Trump fans.  44% of people older than 65 voted for Clinton.   Women voted for Clinton 54-39 - a 15 point difference.  Women live longer than men, and so more women are on SS and SSI.   At best, you want half of old people to suffer because you are a butt-hurt snowflake mad at the other half.   You sound exactly like a Trumpster. 

Finally, you have no goddamn idea if you will be "fine".   Because life does not go the way you want.  I'm glad that you have young person myopic invulnerability, but if that was all it took, we'd all be living on our own island and sneering at Bill Gates.

Yep I'm clearly the butt-hurt snowflake here.

Also, ok boomer.

Edited by BradInATX

Just now, yoladu said:

i only caught the last 30 minutes of the Convention this evening.... Did Trump grab any pussies tonight?

He hugged Eric, is that anything?  

Lol.  He’s only looking to appeal to his 35%.  Even another 10% that will vote for him are disgusted.  But they’re greedy enough to get past that.  He’s toast if he keeps this up.  

We should be celebrating...He’s basically hanging himself.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DigDug said:

His twitter account should be suspended indefinitely.  Blatant lies have been turned up to 12.

By the way, if you don’t think so, or don’t realize how completely screwed up this is...

this account simply posts the president’s tweets verbatim and was just suspended for a third time yet trump’s original bullshit tweets remain.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, BradInATX said:

evil on fire GIF

There are a lot of people in my community that have enough of a nest egg to get by fairly comfortably without SSI.  The SSI allows them to upgrade from Toyota to Lexus.  It pays for their monthly RV payment or some other luxury.  So yes, they could do ok without SSI.   

What also would go unfunded would be Medicaid.  Now imagine how costly health insurance premiums would be for an old with pre-existing conditions.   Now all the sudden, they have to start paying such premiums since Medicaid dried up.  Now they are back to Toyota status.  Kick in losing SSI and they are used Kia status.

But they can't see this eventuality.  They bitch and moan and threaten to move because maintenance fees went up for the first time in 14 years.  Still, no problem Dotard taking them from Lexus to used Kia.  

On top of that killing the post office, which is their lifeline for meds, checks, and amazon purchases.   

I simply do not know how you reach them with this.   So part of me agrees with the reap what you sow analogy.

But it also affects me.  I'm not where they are yet, but I am headed there.  I'm not worried about what I drive, or if my bathroom looks like Joanna Gaines remodeled it.  I just want healthcare without having to eat dog food so I can pay for it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Ballots are never sent unsolicited.  What are sent unsolicited are applications to apply for VBM ballots.   

Parties, PACs, even candidates send applications to people they think might vote for them.  

Big distinction between applications and ballots.  But of course instead of clarifying this, he's causing chaos.

Chaos is his end game here.  Make this election so fucked up in so many ways, his contesting it would be "obviously the right thing to do" according to his base.  Might even fuck it up enough to have some legal recourse.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

There are a lot of people in my community that have enough of a nest egg to get by fairly comfortably without SSI.  The SSI allows them to upgrade from Toyota to Lexus.  It pays for their monthly RV payment or some other luxury.  So yes, they could do ok without SSI.   

What also would go unfunded would be Medicaid.  Now imagine how costly health insurance premiums would be for an old with pre-existing conditions.   Now all the sudden, they have to start paying such premiums since Medicaid dried up.  Now they are back to Toyota status.  Kick in losing SSI and they are used Kia status.

But they can't see this eventuality.  They bitch and moan and threaten to move because maintenance fees went up for the first time in 14 years.  Still, no problem Dotard taking them from Lexus to used Kia.  

On top of that killing the post office, which is their lifeline for meds, checks, and amazon purchases.   

I simply do not know how you reach them with this.   So part of me agrees with the reap what you sow analogy.

But it also affects me.  I'm not where they are yet, but I am headed there.  I'm not worried about what I drive, or if my bathroom looks like Joanna Gaines remodeled it.  I just want healthcare without having to eat dog food so I can pay for it.

All fair. And I know the statement was a bit strong. I'd certainly root for it if I could limit it to Trump voters. But like I said, it obviously wouldn't stick, and I'm not actually rooting for people all over the political spectrum to become destitute. But I'm certainly rooting a bit for them to get the fear of god put into them by way of Trump canceling the payroll tax, them having to sit there and pray and hope someone rational and sane fixes it, etc. Fuck them.

3 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Ballots are never sent unsolicited.  What are sent unsolicited are applications to apply for VBM ballots.   

Parties, PACs, even candidates send applications to people they think might vote for them.  

Big distinction between applications and ballots.  But of course instead of clarifying this, he's causing chaos.

Chaos is his end game here.  Make this election so fucked up in so many ways, his contesting it would be "obviously the right thing to do" according to his base.  Might even fuck it up enough to have some legal recourse.  

He's trying to rig the election. Fucking impeach him, now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sow discord. Sow doubt in the election results. Work to eliminate options for voting. Throw up obstacles to voting. Do all of this so when you lose, you can challenge or discredit the results that don't go in your favor. He's known his chances of reelection are low. This is his best play. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BradInATX said:

evil on fire GIF

I would be in the same boat except some of those leopards ate my face people are my family, that I'd be on the hook for supporting, with the retirement money I've been saving assuming they'd figure out a way to pull the SS rug out from under my generation before we could actually use it.  No thanks.  I don't want to spend my retirement on my family.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I would be in the same boat except some of those leopards ate my face people are my family, that I'd be on the hook for supporting, with the retirement money I've been saving assuming they'd figure out a way to pull the SS rug out from under my generation before we could actually use it.  No thanks.  I don't want to spend my retirement on my family.

This.

13 hours ago, BradInATX said:

But secondly and more importantly, I would love to see the ultimate "leopards ate my face" moment when all of the idiot, racist Baby Boomers who voted for him lose their monthly checks in a couple of years. It would be the most satisfying schadenfreude in the history of anything. It would be fantastic.

They'd blame it on the democrats. 

3 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

There's a pretty defensible position where you tell your family to pound sand. "Sorry guys, you made these decisions for yourself."

One of the statistics that continues to always stand out to me is just how little money the average american has in savings. I was listening to NPR this morning and a california woman who sounded in her late 40s or 50s used her entire life savings of 25k to subsist the past few months and to move back to Maine, where she was from. She's looking for work. 

It's an amazing indictment on our educational systems, our federal programs, our parenting skills and a half dozen other things that so many people in the United States live in such precarious positions. Call it covid, call it 4 more years, pick your poison but this shit was going to crash the United States at some point sooner than later, and everyone was going to have to eat a big shit burger. You can't kick the can down the road forever. What you can make the hard decision on is whether or not that can, which weighs hundreds of pounds, is attached to a rope that is tied around your neck and ankle as the can sinks into the sea. 

Harsh? Maybe a bit. But I'm really fucking pissed off a lot these days. For the record, I have a ne'er-do-well sister (we're both adopted) with a degenerative back problem who's spent her entire life taking zero accountability for herself or tried to better her station through education, or a good job, etc. She is now back living with my parents, who are in their mid 70's. Despite an outlook that eventually looks like paralysis, she weighs probably close to 300 lbs. She's a recovered/ing addict. Nothing is ever her responsibility, everything is someone else's fault. She's never saved any money, and she's resentful of her place in life. She can't even seem to bother the last several years to get on state disability for some reason. When my parents move on or can't take care of her anymore, there's going to be some hard decisions to make in regards to her. I have my own family, and a son. I'm not interested in her living with us. Even if my parents leave some money behind, she's in no position to manage it responsibly or in any way to make it last. And those decision and burdens will be passed to me. So I feel your situation man. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's a pretty defensible position where you tell your family to pound sand. "Sorry guys, you made these decisions for yourself."

Well yeah, that's what I'd want to do. But life isn't always about doing what you want to do, sometimes it's about doing the right thing.  And doing the right thing includes not letting my parents/grandparents starve to death. Also, despite their political leanings, otherwise my family is pretty good.  I would resent spending my retirement on their retirement but not nearly as badly as you will in the case of your sister.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Well yeah, that's what I'd want to do. But life isn't always about doing what you want to do, sometimes it's about doing the right thing.  And doing the right thing includes not letting my parents/grandparents starve to death. Also, despite their political leanings, otherwise my family is pretty good.  I would resent spending my retirement on their retirement but not nearly as badly as you will in the case of your sister.  

Fair enough man, I totally get it. And yeah, at least your parents chose to have you and raise you. Returning the favor makes sense and has been the natural order for thousands of years. 

But you can be damn sure I'd remind them why they're in the situation with venom every time they brought up the state of America or Biden/Trump, etc. Because fuck that. 

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

One of the statistics that continues to always stand out to me is just how little money the average american has in savings. I was listening to NPR this morning and a california woman who sounded in her late 40s or 50s used her entire life savings of 25k to subsist the past few months and to move back to Maine, where she was from. She's looking for work. 

It's an amazing indictment on our educational systems, our federal programs, our parenting skills and a half dozen other things that so many people in the United States live in such precarious positions. Call it covid, call it 4 more years, pick your poison but this shit was going to crash the United States at some point sooner than later, and everyone was going to have to eat a big shit burger. You can't kick the can down the road forever. What you can make the hard decision on is whether or not that can, which weighs hundreds of pounds, is attached to a rope that is tied around your neck and ankle as the can sinks into the sea. 

Harsh? Maybe a bit. But I'm really fucking pissed off a lot these days. For the record, I have a ne'er-do-well sister (we're both adopted) with a degenerative back problem who's spent her entire life taking zero accountability for herself or tried to better her station through education, or a good job, etc. She is now back living with my parents, who are in their mid 70's. Despite an outlook that eventually looks like paralysis, she weighs probably close to 300 lbs. She's a recovered/ing addict. Nothing is ever her responsibility, everything is someone else's fault. She's never saved any money, and she's resentful of her place in life. She can't even seem to bother the last several years to get on state disability for some reason. When my parents move on or can't take care of her anymore, there's going to be some hard decisions to make in regards to her. I have my own family, and a son. I'm not interested in her living with us. Even if my parents leave some money behind, she's in no position to manage it responsibly or in any way to make it last. And those decision and burdens will be passed to me. So I feel your situation man. 

So are you saying the 25k is low?  If so, that’s actually a ton more than most people actually have saved. There’s a whole thread on this in DT somewhere. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

But you can be damn sure I'd remind them why they're in the situation with venom every time they brought up the state of America or Biden/Trump, etc. Because fuck that. 

Oh on that we totally agree.  I'd probably make it a condition that they have to stop voting, stop giving to any political groups, and never talk about politics in my presence. And I'll tell them it was their lack of foresight and gullibility that put them in this position to begin with, so they have already shown they don't make the best political decisions, so it's in everyone's interest, their's included, to stop doing those things.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So are you saying the 25k is low?  If so, that’s actually a ton more than most people actually have saved. There’s a whole thread on this in DT somewhere. 

I realize it's low compared to what most people have saved, which is what, two weeks worth? It's just a further illustration that this woman is far better off than literally most of America and yet, that's all she managed to save. I think that illustrates my point further, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Oh on that we totally agree.  I'd probably make it a condition that they have to stop voting, stop giving to any political groups, and never talk about politics in my presence. And I'll tell them it was their lack of foresight and gullibility that put them in this position to begin with, so they have already shown they don't make the best political decisions, so it's in everyone's interest, their's included, to stop doing those things.  

You should also make them wear a cone of shamedog shame GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1